Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Also those dongle things have always seemed to me like one of those things where they would have every incentive to raise your rate and none to lower it. Every little nuance of spirited driving, every nighttime drive, every time you do something off the perfect predictable pattern — rate goes up. But when does it go down?

It’s like how gas prices fluctuate — they’ll go up instantly by 20 cents overnight due to some market jolt, but then they creep reluctantly back down one or two cents at a time over the next two weeks, and everything under that curve is profit

It's like (non US) private health insurance who offer you a "discounted premium and free tech!!!" if you link a step counting, pulse checking watch to your account.

Bitch it's not a discount, it's a premium for people who don't want to be tagged like cattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Azhais posted:

It's just one of those sippy birds

https://i.imgur.com/tKIlnHK.gifv

Steadiman posted:

That’s what she said 🤣😂🤣

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Also those dongle things have always seemed to me like one of those things where they would have every incentive to raise your rate and none to lower it. Every little nuance of spirited driving, every nighttime drive, every time you do something off the perfect predictable pattern — rate goes up. But when does it go down?

It’s like how gas prices fluctuate — they’ll go up instantly by 20 cents overnight due to some market jolt, but then they creep reluctantly back down one or two cents at a time over the next two weeks, and everything under that curve is profit

Yeah, whatever it's using is completely unable to take into account Driving context. I hit the brakes because I didn't wanna plow into the car in front of me. hard braking event! I accelerate to hit the cruising speed of the highway I'm about to merge onto. Fast acceleration event! U turn? Crazy driving!!!!

Not to mention, you plow into one kid and you're a kid killer for life! You do not want to know how much your rates go up after hitting a kid!

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

:lol: that Elon is trying to golden handcuff his workers.

- Twitter is in now way worth 20B right now
- Elon has no feasible plan to grow it (they literally won't make their first interest payment)
- The "valuation" is completely dependent on brain-worm edison to decide

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Crackbone posted:

:lol: that Elon is trying to golden handcuff his workers.

- Twitter is in now way worth 20B right now
- Elon has no feasible plan to grow it (they literally won't make their first interest payment)
- The "valuation" is completely dependent on brain-worm edison to decide

He's 100% going to prop up the company with either his own money or saudi money

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Yeah, whatever it's using is completely unable to take into account Driving context. I hit the brakes because I didn't wanna plow into the car in front of me. hard braking event! I accelerate to hit the cruising speed of the highway I'm about to merge onto. Fast acceleration event! U turn? Crazy driving!!!!

Not to mention, you plow into one kid and you're a kid killer for life! You do not want to know how much your rates go up after hitting a kid!

yeah like they don't even realize that you only hit that kid because you swerved to avoid the other kid

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
When is the next ~$300M in interest payments due? is it quarterly?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

really just at the start of the pandemic when people stopped driving because pandemic and their models hadn't been updated to account for it so it would go "holy poo poo you drove nowhere you are the safest driver"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Captain Kirk has weighed in

https://twitter.com/williamshatner/status/1639811930243334145?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

And the replies are full of some of the most pathetic people you can imagine

https://twitter.com/goodideadudes/status/1639818479476809728?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Wow, this guy really needs to up his rates. You can get paid way more than $7500 a year for sucking dick.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

I know that Shatner's account is really managed by one of his kids (or maybe one of his grandkids, can't remember) so this probably isn't actually Shatner speaking. But that being said, there's something very satisfying about watching Elno alienate all of the great nerd heroes, one by one.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

as always, the rest of his twitter is just tons of dogshit opinions

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Wow, this guy really needs to up his rates. You can get paid way more than $7500 a year for sucking dick.

You think this guy would put in the effort?

Kale
May 14, 2010

People really really loving buy into this censorship to such an absolute ego and personality eclipsing degree that it's actually helped me to understand more precisely how the grift works by watching them be whipped into a desired behavioral pattern or focus in real time as a bystander. Literally all you have to do is scream about how they're being censored and pull something out of your rear end involving specific key words, people and ideas, and they'll basically do anything and you can refocus them onto a desired target or distraction from you grifting them and sucking dicks at governing. It's absolutely insane how easy these people are to control and how trained they are in a Pavlovlian way for it and no real wonder the entire Republican party has basically adopted some of these tactics.

As for twitter, it's sidebar today is basically Joe Biden bad x1000 and "Akshually Putin and Xi are among the most amazing generous leader ever and did all this super great stuff and is just fighting against the global elite and deep state". :thunk: I wonder if this was what it was like to live in the Philippines and be on Facebook during Ferdinand Marcos Jr.'s campaign cause it sure as poo poo seems like it.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Mal-3 posted:

I know that Shatner's account is really managed by one of his kids (or maybe one of his grandkids, can't remember) so this probably isn't actually Shatner speaking. But that being said, there's something very satisfying about watching Elno alienate all of the great nerd heroes, one by one.

If that’s the case kudos to Shat Jr for even knowing about the boomer-rear end Columbia Records grift

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Serious_Cyclone posted:

If that’s the case kudos to Shat Jr for even knowing about the boomer-rear end Columbia Records grift

That's not too surprising since Shatner is way too old to be a boomer.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at a tv space showman having a more meaning effect on STEM then musk and his muskrats.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Kale posted:

It's absolutely insane how easy these people are to control and how trained they are in a Pavlovlian way for it and no real wonder the entire Republican party has basically adopted some of these tactics.

As for twitter, it's sidebar today is basically Joe Biden bad x1000 and "Akshually Putin and Xi are among the most amazing generous leader ever and did all this super great stuff and is just fighting against the global elite and deep state

How strange that so many Saudi royals, CCP stooges, Israeli ''''defence tech'''' weirdos and until recently Muscovite oligarchs were queueing up to invest in this stuff.

"Ah well, I'm sure it's just a coincidence, enterprise must be free!" - counterintelligence

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Has elons cringe posting caused people to be embarrassed to buy tesla cars or do normals not know about it. My friend has been saving for a cyber truck and besides the quality issues and that it waill never come out I fear it will be regarded as a cringe mobile with all manner of bad associations by the time it hits.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"will be"?

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Thats only in the forum distortion filter. Normal people by all accounts think tesla and elon are cool and good to my knowledge but im wondering if thats changing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm just kidding, but "cringe mobile" was the perfect way to describe how I've felt about the cyber truck since its debut.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

If every month, during the hours my elderly parents won't let me be in the house, I can take pictures of 800 or so receipts I find lying on the ground around Shreveport with Microsoft's Bing App, then use the money I earn from that to continue renting my title then, surely, sir, you can... you can, erm, sorry, I just started crying for some reason.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
I've never heard anyone outside of Tesla fanboys say that they like the look of the Cybertruck.

The general public might not be all in on realizing Elon Musk is a total piece of poo poo just yet (though his Twitter antics are certainly helping get there); but they can tell a lovely looking gimmick truck when they see one.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Between hacking attempts and losing blue checks, I think celebrities are going to be leaving Twitter in droves in short order:

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/1640054919926251525?s=20

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Offler posted:

That's not too surprising since Shatner is way too old to be a boomer.

This made me look up how old he is, bloody hell

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Fuckin lol

https://twitter.com/uzionmain/status/1639996144414605313?s=20

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/MonicaLewinsky/status/1639972616210632708
This is going to turn into such a clusterfuck, I love it

Kale
May 14, 2010

biznatchio posted:

I've never heard anyone outside of Tesla fanboys say that they like the look of the Cybertruck.

The general public might not be all in on realizing Elon Musk is a total piece of poo poo just yet (though his Twitter antics are certainly helping get there); but they can tell a lovely looking gimmick truck when they see one.

I remember when the Pontiac Aztek was like the gold standard for lovely car designs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I just realized that Elon's promised Twitter algorithms will be open source on the 31st and legacy checkmarks are phasing out on the 1st. This coming weekend should be real fun.

(Musk is going to chicken out of one or both)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

nom epique posted:

Thats only in the forum distortion filter. Normal people by all accounts think tesla and elon are cool and good to my knowledge but im wondering if thats changing.

my mom has said elon musk was embarassing himself and I'm not sure she's ever been online, it's out there

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

nom epique posted:

danny brown & jpegmafia released an album friday that opens with the line "first off, gently caress elon musk / 8 dollars is too much"

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm just kidding, but "cringe mobile" was the perfect way to describe how I've felt about the cyber truck since its debut.

That's funny, I heard Twitter was going to be labeled "mobile cringe" on the Apple & Play stores

ElectricWatermelon
Jan 8, 2020

Saw someone driving a Tesla while I was out running errands and noticed that it was having trouble staying in their lane and crossing over no passing lines and thought of this thread.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Every time I see a Tesla driving erratically I have to wonder whether it's an rear end in a top hat driving badly or an rear end in a top hat letting the car drive badly

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

biznatchio posted:

A few people in this very thread have mentioned that they kinda like the novelty of it. Had it been a concept introduced by literally any other car manufacturer it would have been polarizing but I bet more people would cop to liking the look.

Of course a sane manufacturer would actually make changes between introducing the concept and rolling something off the assembly line, since the “novelty” part wears off pretty fast.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

E the Shaggy posted:

Between hacking attempts and losing blue checks, I think celebrities are going to be leaving Twitter in droves in short order:

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/1640054919926251525?s=20

Did you take a screenshot of whatever this was? It's already gone.

Take screenshots, people! :argh:

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
This quote from a Fortune article made me laugh

quote:

Certain communications run like clockwork: Parents like to call their adult children early on Sunday mornings, and the CEO of Twitter likes to email his employees in the middle of the night. Elon Musk sent his return-to-office iteration of “u up?” to the remaining Twitter workers early Wednesday.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Freaquency posted:

A few people in this very thread have mentioned that they kinda like the novelty of it. Had it been a concept introduced by literally any other car manufacturer it would have been polarizing but I bet more people would cop to liking the look.

Of course a sane manufacturer would actually make changes between introducing the concept and rolling something off the assembly line, since the “novelty” part wears off pretty fast.

I like the idea of owning a car that also serve briefly as a boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

I like the idea of owning a car that also serve briefly as a boat.

But that's any car