Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, is this supposed to be Blazer or some other project?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This is Blazer

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So it seems. Apparently the official spelling is “Blazar” and the 21st is when we’ll get the official reveal as opposed to when the series will start (this trailer specifically aired alongside the Decker movie)

Interesting way of doing things though, I wonder if this is hinting that Blazar is somehow manmade or something (though they also mention a “Singularity” so maybe it’s a Neo/Nexus kind of deal)

It would be nice to have an Ultra series with zero connection to what came before at least (I think the last one was Nexus, though the transformations in R/B technically weren’t called attention to that much)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 24, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The whole "Codename Ultraman" thing feels like it's tapping into a similar setup to Shin.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I just hope it's not like that Thai Project Ultraman they were trying to put together with Ekin Cheng

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

First 2 1/2 minutes of Shin Kamen Rider dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uydUqZFSyQI

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've been watching Maskman and admittedly have never seen any of the older Sentai series but I'm really enjoying it and it feels very different from modern series, even more than I expected. The baddies start off with a big advantage, the team has trouble with the powers, just stuff I haven't seen before. Even out of suit fighting which in my limited experience I haven't seen much of in the stuff I've seen from the last 20ish years.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
jesus, was original kamen rider that violent?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The early parts of the original series did get a bit, but not this much.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember on the OG Kamen Rider whenever someone died they’d splash red paint on a wall.

What I’m saying is OG Kamen Rider is a wild watch.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cyborgs punching nazis until they explode is not only entertaining, but teaches a good moral lesson to the youth.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Going off of the prequel manga, Shin Kamen Rider's SHOCKER aren't outright goose-stepping Nazis. They're weird apolitical technocultists, which is probably just as bad. Kind of surprising they aren't though, since Anno seemed pretty fixated on Tohru Hirayama's vision (Won't spoil any examples unless asked) and Hirayama was very intent on the Nazi-Punching.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's Happy Science

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Trogglodyte posted:

Going off of the prequel manga, Shin Kamen Rider's SHOCKER aren't outright goose-stepping Nazis. They're weird apolitical technocultists, which is probably just as bad. Kind of surprising they aren't though, since Anno seemed pretty fixated on Tohru Hirayama's vision (Won't spoil any examples unless asked) and Hirayama was very intent on the Nazi-Punching.

Wait, the movie has a prequel manga? Has it been translated?

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

Larryb posted:

Wait, the movie has a prequel manga? Has it been translated?
It's called "There is no true peace in this world -Shin Kamen Rider SHOCKER SIDE-", it's got about 9 chapters out but it's already revealed a lot that isn't explicitly mentioned in the movie. And yes, it's being translated pretty reliably.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

GateOfD posted:

jesus, was original kamen rider that violent?

It wasn't quite that goopy.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Kaguragi in King-Ohger doing kabuki poo poo rips

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The zord hug in this week’s King-Ohger was adorable, I really like most of the team as well

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNk3kbPK5Y
This is certainly a CM for a burger place. It loving slaps, but it's kinda off-putting too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

The zord hug in this week’s King-Ohger was adorable, I really like most of the team as well

It was very cute. That said, I've been thinking about this since I first saw God Kabuto, it's a redesigned Go-Buster Beet, isn't it? It's very similar, not only in the obvious (both being the same kind of beetle) but in how the entire head looks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The makers of Kamen Rider Geats are cowards for refusing to give us a good look at Scottish Ace

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
trying to catch up on King-ohger.

finished episode 2, Blue is really cool.
gonna start episode 3 right away. Really loving how unique each member and country is, down to their poses and how they hold their swords

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 28, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The first 20 minutes of Shin Kamen Rider got shown on Japanese TV and streaming, and it's floating around out there right now. Hopefully we get some subs for it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
rather just wait for the whole movie at this point

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Yeah, I've already seen enough to know that I'm interested. I'll hold off until I can watch it all at once.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I skipped the three minutes that was posted officially, I'm gonna skip this too. I'm interested enough that I just wanna check out the whole movie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In regards to King-Ohger it’s confirmed, Racles is going to become a rival ranger of sorts (but not the actual 6th who I believe is based on a spider and still has yet to be physically revealed):

I kind of assumed as much seeing as he’s basically a recolor of Red’s outfit

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Kaguragi Debowski is the greatest sentai character of all time

E: okay maybe hyperbolic but he's very fun to watch

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 29, 2023

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Himeno remains my favorite king but it's hard competition.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

My treasures have arrived

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Finally came- the Ultra Replica Beta Capsule from Shin Ultraman!

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1641506845566316544?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

got around to finishing Black Sun. That sure is a show that just ends and leaves you to figure out how you feel about all of it. Pretty notable is that while giving kids Heaven without telling them what it is is pretty hosed up, it's not until the end of the Golgom raid and Shunsuke that Nobuhiko's really cast as "fallen". So that together with the last episode flashback to Yukari calling 70s golgom a stepping stone for others to carry on and Aoi saying she'll carry on Kotaro's will, show ultimately feels pretty pro-setting off pipe bombs in the LDP Golgom Party offices

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

The first 20 minutes of Shin Kamen Rider got shown on Japanese TV and streaming, and it's floating around out there right now. Hopefully we get some subs for it.

Watched it with subs. It is everything I wanted and I am seriously stoked for it to come to the drat states.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Reminded of something wrt Black Sun: are there any subs or transcriptions of Aoi's English dialogue? I'm pretty sure I got the gist but in e9 especially I'm not 100% sure and it's not subtitled.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek54fPO6mOc

Ultraman Z English dub starting April 8th.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zeno Robinson is Haruki
Matt Shipman is Z
Mick Lauer is Juggler
Mallorie Rodak is Yoko
Macy Anne Johnson is Yuka
Chris Sabat is Narrator

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
We all had theories on what Rita's under the mask would be but I definitely didn't have so tired, just loving exhausted, I want to go home already on the list. Absolutely incredible.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Zeno Robinson is a choice pick.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/jokergatack/status/1642411120043458560?t=0pDSz6Z_T6QsKcWO_83qHw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
JESUS.

Poor Neon... god, Beroba is so evil.