Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

Youremother posted:

Aaaaahhh...a snap of the cap for the cat with the... What Bensington intended to end that rhyme with has haunted me for years.

I always quite fancied "rap" for that one.

One of my favourites, but drat does it disturb me somewhat: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08242007

"M-Mom? Mommy? I... I'm in trouble... I made... a... a really bad choice..."

I can imagine, as a kid, being really, really worried that this was an outcome that could happen to me, and that - as an adult - I know there's no way back from that, but as a kid you really hope that your mum can save you... Yeah that hits hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Picture a perfect Swiss man sitting in his cubic black leather armchair, the crisp click of his lighter as he flames an unforgivingly precise jay-

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Oh crap a review of my life by Anthony Lane NO I AIN'T READY FOR THIS NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Dunny posted:

I always quite fancied "rap" for that one.

One of my favourites, but drat does it disturb me somewhat: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08242007

"M-Mom? Mommy? I... I'm in trouble... I made... a... a really bad choice..."

I can imagine, as a kid, being really, really worried that this was an outcome that could happen to me, and that - as an adult - I know there's no way back from that, but as a kid you really hope that your mum can save you... Yeah that hits hard.

It's the hardest call a little boy ever has to make.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RAP MUSIC, MY DROOGS!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09042007
well, someone involved in that franchise made too much money

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Did anyone actually invent the blinking tooth?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Around December 2007, Onstad is really firing on all cylinders. You've got Nolan from the Internet, Cornelius gets a tattoo, Little Nephew's jeans, Nice Pete and basketball, Ray jumps a motorcycle on his computer, being in trouble is a fake idea -- just banger after banger

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

Around December 2007, Onstad is really firing on all cylinders. You've got Nolan from the Internet, Cornelius gets a tattoo, Little Nephew's jeans, Nice Pete and basketball, Ray jumps a motorcycle on his computer, being in trouble is a fake idea -- just banger after banger

The bold ones aren't originally December 2007, he just reposted them Christmas week since he didn't have new comics.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

disaster pastor posted:

The bold ones aren't originally December 2007, he just reposted them Christmas week since he didn't have new comics.

aw aw gosh darnit no wonder

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Guess who just got YELLLED AT

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE rear end HOLES WHO ARE NOT EATING MY MOUSSAKA

You smell like six asses.

Look at the genius! Look at him stand in his room!

Also I don't know that they're my favorite necessarily but a lot of the more depressio stuff resonates with me hard sometimes

like Beef just staring at the grocery store sign and seeing how run down it is right up close and driving away

or

Teodor, are you ever honest with yourself? Like, about everything?

and of course

Sometimes love is wondering if you trapped an innocent person

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
he will never be in a band

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pattonesque posted:

he will never be in a band

He's playing his guitar into a computer website about meeting girls, a lot of the guys in the house are sad for him.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
...the smiiiiiths...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mutantIke posted:

...the smiiiiiths...

It is very sad, according to everyone.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mutantIke posted:

...the smiiiiiths...

the driftwood will remind him of eternity

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
what is it like to see someone die?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I wonder if my mom knows

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if Mr Wizard ever boiled poo poo! I should check YouTube.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

mutantIke posted:

...the smiiiiiths...

Téodor's MP3 is set to John Cage's 4'33"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Seldom Posts posted:

Picture a perfect Swiss man sitting in his cubic black leather armchair, the crisp click of his lighter as he flames an unforgivingly precise jay-
I have to admit that Ray was ahead of his time on this one.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Halloween Jack posted:

Shame on you for thinking the demographic is inflexible! Sometimes the product creates the consumer, T!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

robot roll call posted:

Shame on you for thinking the demographic is inflexible! Sometimes the product creates the consumer, T!

Compete in the established marketplace, you pussy!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

Compete in the established marketplace, you pussy!

SHUT UP! Shut up, both of you! God, I've never wanted to start a joint company less in my life!

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Halloween Jack posted:

I got caught in a rereading hole after clicking something from this thread and Onstad definitely saw which way the wind was blowing. We have finally earned our banishment from the garden.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I buy all my weed from the government now, and they are much better at rolling than I ever was.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I splurged on one of those new e-paper tablets and loaded all of the Achewood PDFs onto it, of course.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
oh man that is crisp

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

mutantIke posted:

oh man that is crisp

the golden action is so crunchy

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Our ranks increase.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

who is that and judging by the date in the url, I'm guessing great outdoor fight?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Cartilage Head! This was also my first exposure to Achewood.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Youremother posted:

Cartilage Head! This was also my first exposure to Achewood.

I share Ramses' contempt for Ray's floppy armed walk. God drat, boy.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Yeah- I got one of my best buddies to check it out a few weeks ago because he was extolling the superiority of chicken thighs in cooking and I demanded he read Nice Pete's cookbook entry on the subject.

Sent the poor guy into a time consuming rabbithole in which he binged the whole comic. I was a little bit envious knowing he was experiencing it all for the first time.

I've known him for about a decade and he probably ran into constant strips that exposed the way I plagiarize the comic with my sense of humor.

"Actual, personal hose". "Folded with the focus and intensity usually seen only in success". "Dong razzled and their money is 'away from them' "The eden we once knew". "physical therapy, speaking at highschools".

He died a bit that day. Welcome to the only game in town.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

hexwren posted:

who is that and judging by the date in the url, I'm guessing great outdoor fight?

friend who convinced me to watch world of tomorrow/it’s such a beautiful day back to back, and yeah it’s cartilage head

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Speaking of the cookbooks, my order finally arrived today, had talked to Onstad via email about a week ago and found out that the huge delays I had were the result of really bad timing on my order, he included some free stickers in my order as an apology for the delays

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
"Here's Kraftwerk, would you go the bathroom on them?"

"no they already have people"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Scags McDouglas posted:

"physical therapy, speaking at highschools".

I...am...here...

to tell you not to get a hangover.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I am a man

But I was once just like you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Never almost have diabetes, dude. It ain't no way to live.