Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

C-Euro posted:

I got whiplash from Jonathan giving a very on-point rant about conservative comedy and comedians in our present age, and then less than five minutes later saying that you should be allowed to bring a gun on an airplane.

Also watching Roseanne Barr's comedy special at 2 AM on a laptop is some truly depraved poo poo. Seth might have given up drugs but he never gave up the associated habits.

I think you should be allowed to be strapped on an airplane, and that everyone should have free healthcare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Beastie posted:

One word: Jonathan Preston Larroquette

of course. lmao

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

What the hell? The video eps ARE all gone. I never noticed b/c I just listen to the show, but that's pretty weird

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Here’s the thing about Jonathan Preston Laroquette: I love him

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

They're still listed and the embedded videos are working on the Patreon page. Probably somehow set them all to "unlisted", either on purpose or not.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Haven't they always been unlisted? I thought that was the point of having a patron tier to watch the video eps?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

iirc there used to be a lot of older ones available but I have no idea if they were unlocking on some schedule after release or, more generally, if any of these decisions were intentional at all

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Waste of Breath posted:

Haven't they always been unlisted? I thought that was the point of having a patron tier to watch the video eps?

I'm almost positive the video for every episode would eventually got released on Youtube. They must have unlisted every full episode because all of the clips are still up.

E: It looks like they've uploaded two shorts on Youtube today to get into that hot and fresh Shorts game UYD style. Maybe this is a way to make the videos a patreon exclusive?
E2: And they created this https://www.tiktok.com/@uhhyeahdudepodcast

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 17, 2023

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Double post but wait they actually deleted a lot of other videos. "UYD Little League" was a video I'd always go back to. I searched it and it's not there. Someone call Jonathan and make some sense of all this. Where's Ja!?

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

That ChatPGT segment in 968 is so good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

oshuaj posted:

ChatGPT essentially thinks that UYD is an SNL "Debbie Downer" sketch

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

oshuaj posted:

Mind if someone can timestamp it?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Confusedslight posted:

Mind if someone can timestamp it?

Intro discussion starts at around 12:30 on the audio version, they start reading the generated script right at about 15:00.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Thanks!!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The 971 video dropped on Patreon today features a new, brief (~15 second) intro thing like a title card, and they've also posted one or maybe more tweets with ~1 minute clips of bits with onscreen captions in the manner that are popular now so it does seem like they have, maybe with the assistance of a new producer or something?, rebooted their online video presence on purpose. (I'm just starting the episode, maybe it gets explained later? e: it is not)

I do hope the other videos will go back up in some form soon.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 25, 2023

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I don't know how UYD keeps infecting me with catchphrases but it's very easy to say "twiiist" in my Seth voice whenever I'm watching a movie

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Show me the twiiiiiins

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
One that's dug deep into my psyche is Jonathan's impression of an old timey switchboard operator. I feel like he did it even before they talked about Marcia having the job.

"Nnnnow connecting you to Saaaaint Loius!"

Super cheesy transatlantic accent.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Anytime Seth goes on a Cajun accent rant is a great moment.

LAR RO QUETTE

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I love and use "wanky wanky" as acknowledgement of a mild innuendo

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

JethroMcB posted:

I love and use "wanky wanky" as acknowledgement of a mild innuendo

I couldn't come up with any that I actually say to other people but I 100% use this every once in a while. Sometimes I use "kleiklor" the same way people use timbuktu.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
Herdahadda, of course.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Surely I'm not the only one who describes a bad or hosed up situation as "wicked Bogota"

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

My brother got drunk and called Seth's home number about 10 years ago now. No answer, he left a message, and within a few hours Seth left him a voicemail calling him a Herdda Hadda. That poo poo cracked me up.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

972 they talk about ASMR and refer back to Andy from Illinois calling in May 2006 (ep 14) to leave a message about ASMR.

I'm like 90% sure that was me. I had just started listening to them while at college in Illinois and that's also when I found out about ASMR.

I had always called it "doctor's voice" or some poo poo.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 1, 2023

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That's cool as hell

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Herda Hadda is my default slur of choice for certain kinds of individuals.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lmao nice.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
On a relisten of all the episodes a few years ago, I noticed something Jonathan does all the time when speaking that gets super frequent when he gets into out-there hippy poo poo. He starts going "it's like you were saying" a lot, even though Seth usually has said nothing like what follows after. Once I started noticing this it becomes impossible to not hear a bunch, especially if he gets into some cosmic poo poo. So after reading this you are all cursed to keep noticing this as well.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Offler posted:

On a relisten of all the episodes a few years ago, I noticed something Jonathan does all the time when speaking that gets super frequent when he gets into out-there hippy poo poo. He starts going "it's like you were saying" a lot, even though Seth usually has said nothing like what follows after. Once I started noticing this it becomes impossible to not hear a bunch, especially if he gets into some cosmic poo poo. So after reading this you are all cursed to keep noticing this as well.

I just assumed it's stuff they talked about off mic.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
Jonathan trying to end the episodes early is always hilarious. He does it only 25 minutes in on 969.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

duomo posted:

Jonathan trying to end the episodes early is always hilarious. He does it only 25 minutes in on 969.

he's got poo poo to do!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Seth just called me about the ASMR and he's working on uploading Ep14 to YouTube so they can cite it as a source for the wiki.

I told him how the TSA took my UYD pin and he said I done got done dirty.

He mentioned that he knows the YouTube channel is hosed up and told us to be patient with JPL

Beastie fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 5, 2023

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Dying to know how you discovered the show that early on.

duomo posted:

Nah the best is when he tries to end it at 60 minutes, and I look down and there's 20 more minutes. That's when you know a banger rant is coming.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

C-Euro posted:

iTunes only had like 100 podcasts lol it was on the front page

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

C-Euro posted:

He invented podcast listening.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

inferis posted:

iTunes only had like 100 podcasts lol it was on the front page

It's this. I found it and then fell out for a while before a goon turned me back on to them

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
UYD is one of the first podcasts to ever exist. this thread is over 10 years old. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

First podcast I listened to, think some of the ooooold youtube clips were getting posted somewhere in gbs.

But I didn't have a smartphone so I would download them and burn to a CD to listen in my car lmao. Somewhere I probably still have the super early stuff on a bunch of cds cause I insisted on listening all the way through before hearing current eps