Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Platystemon posted:

I would be OK with him being prime minister for life, from a certain perspective…

you may get your wish! His home is currently being stormed by protestors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MA-Horus posted:

You’re supposed to say “I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.”

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

MA-Horus posted:

Whoa! I know little about Israeli politics but if he loses control of the riot police wonder if he’d flee to Florida, with the other deposed right wingers.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Stravag posted:

And to nuke Palestinians if he gets the chance. No way his finance Minister put out that soundbite without his direction

He wouldn't use nukes.

The settlers still want the land.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Whoa! I know little about Israeli politics but if he loses control of the riot police wonder if he’d flee to Florida, with the other deposed right wingers.

Probably brazil. Fans of ethnic cleansing seem to keep ending up in Brazil

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Stravag posted:

Probably brazil. Fans of ethnic cleansing seem to keep ending up in Brazil

Wait, not Argentina?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

https://twitter.com/ThatTimWalker/status/1639931632609030145?s=20

Dope.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Dang they’re making France’s effort look small.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
lol goddamn. when you said they were storming his house you really undersold just how much protesting is going on

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I mean the consul resigned sooooo....

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1640091222432784384?t=Hti9t3ctz3AASiPzXpi3Eg&s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yeah Bibi's lost critical mass when poo poo like this is happening:

https://twitter.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/1640098561424777216?t=Ev7RuXdAPNfKqyNJtQPtsg&s=19

It's really something when the riot cannon runs out of water and the crowd is like lol lmao

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Some estimates have 600k protesting.

That's gotta be a pretty significant chunk of the population.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
His government has to be at the inflection point where either they start commiting crimes against humanity or their government collapses.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Even Michael Bloomberg wrote an editorial opposing the judicial changes. That’s like Elliot saying Queen Deidranna has gone too far.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Even Michael Bloomberg wrote an editorial opposing the judicial changes. That’s like Elliot saying Queen Deidranna has gone too far.

I don't recall a Queen Deidranna in E. T.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Man, Tel Aviv is just full of antisemites.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

"She is evil! A driven Bitch!"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Multiple former mossad chiefs have called the plan too authoritarian

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bigger than donnies crowd

Also Holy gently caress they piiiiiiissed

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

bengy81 posted:

"She is evil! A driven Bitch!"

A couple of ubisoft? alumni are the leads on the new one btw

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

His government has to be at the inflection point where either they start commiting crimes against humanity or their government collapses.

Start?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“or”

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
hurr hurr

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Some estimates have 600k protesting.

That's gotta be a pretty significant chunk of the population.

Israeli's population is somewhere around 9 million. Not sure if that includes Palestinian's living under occupation. Tonight's protests are somewhere around 5-10% of the Israeli population I think.

Get hosed Bibi.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

Tonight's protests are somewhere around 5-10% of the Israeli population I think.

:stonk:

That's insane.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Wonder if it'll change anything anyways, Bibi has been clear about flaunting his powers and corruption, why would this change anything.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We'll see if it makes a difference, I guess.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Wonder if it'll change anything anyways, Bibi has been clear about flaunting his powers and corruption, why would this change anything.

If you've got that amount of the populace out in defiance at one time, your days have got to be numbered one way or another.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Fucker might get Gaddafi'd at this rate

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Hyrax Attack! posted:

There were reasons the British Army was four times more popular than the Continental Army for Black Americans,

Where can I read about this because uh, that's really something. Not unsurprising at all, but still

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Meravbenari/status/1640088303067078659

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

holy poo poo that's a lot of people

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow, I can't think of any outcome here other than the US reaffirms it's commitment to Israel and passes legislation to provide another 2 billion in defense aid immediately

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

wow, I can't think of any outcome here other than the US reaffirms it's commitment to Israel and passes legislation to provide another 2 billion in defense aid immediately

If anything happens to Netenyahu all the anti-boycott legislation gets repealed instantly.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

maffew buildings posted:

I’m so sick of this trope, as a Jew.

אתה יודע שזה יהיה פי עשרה מזה

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Arson Daily posted:

Where can I read about this because uh, that's really something. Not unsurprising at all, but still

It's not a one-sided issue. Crispus Attucks is a well known name. A number of slaves won their freedom fighting on either side of the conflict. However, it is complete true and fair that the British side was more popular among the slaves for the simple fact that they frequently offered freedom in exchange for working against their rebellious masters.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

A.o.D. posted:

It's not a one-sided issue. Crispus Attucks is a well known name. A number of slaves won their freedom fighting on either side of the conflict. However, it is complete true and fair that the British side was more popular among the slaves for the simple fact that they frequently offered freedom in exchange for working against their rebellious masters.

Tying into pop culture one of those slaves resettled on Oak Island and is rumored to be involved with that whole pile of mystery bullshit.

But yeah a number of former slaves were resettled in Canada after the war.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Bibi will post through it, and not resign, and face no consequences. This is a post-escalator political world.

We had 200 years of "Resign or (implied) lose your head", and now its "Resign or we say mean things about you on twitter"

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

If you've got that amount of the populace out in defiance at one time, your days have got to be numbered one way or another.

The more angry pissed off protestors there are, the chances of getting merked go up significantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

Bibi will post through it, and not resign, and face no consequences. This is a post-escalator political world.

We had 200 years of "Resign or (implied) lose your head", and now its "Resign or we say mean things about you on twitter"

My faith is in the protestors at his house.