Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

neutral milf hotel posted:

I never actually used either of these before. I was about to get jötunn on my previous character so maybe I'll consider that one

I don't think chaperone is an exotic I can get through the kiosk though.

Yeah, chaperone is through the old quest kiosk near the postmaster in the tower iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

weird. I could've sworn it was a kiosk one.

If its a quest one then it's probably an easy enough one cause I have 0 memory of it so probably worth grabbin

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is Thorn good? I assumed since everyone says handcannons are weak now, Thorn would be too.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Striga kinda eats into Thorn's niche from my experience but I enjoy busting it out in PVP every now and then cause it has more range.

It also just looks really cool

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

handcannons in pvp aren't BAD, they're just not The Best Option like they used to be. the exotic ones in particular remain very good, especially thorn since you can use its DOT to track ppl in cover

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PathAsc posted:

Yeah, chaperone is through the old quest kiosk near the postmaster in the tower iirc

Ah I see

It's a sweet looking shotgun. I saw an Amanda Holliday cutscene yesterday where she wielded it and I made a note to myself to see if that is a weapon I could earn

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the quest for it is basically just "use shotguns in crucible"

which is not a big ask

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Here's some odd behavior I've noticed since starting over

• I lost access to the current season 20 pass. Bungie FAQ says this is expected in certain situations when disabling crosssave :argh:
  • but when I check the D2 campaign/purchase history screen on the destinations tab (that icon in the top right corner) I see that I purchased season 21? But not season 20?
  • I still have access to all my previous years' expansions and can get the (some, all?) season pass exotics through rahoul (not odd but worth noting)
  • I can use the Season Pass Pass trick to check past seasons and get additional loot (only the rank 1 loot from the seasonal pass list, in my case)
  • while running the new light activities in the cosmodrome I was earning seasonal rewards for both seasons 20 and 19 -- only the free awards, not the paid seasonal pass loot. This stopped when I was able to leave the cosmodrome at around LL 5. I might repurchase the season 20 pass and see if I can get season 19 seasonal pass loot through LL 5

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Also how the heck did Navôta kill the guardians Maeve and Cas in the cosmodrome? I thought it was super rare for guardians to die in battle unless their ghosts were targeted with some type of hardened scorn weapon

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Also how the heck did Navôta kill the guardians Maeve and Cas in the cosmodrome? I thought it was super rare for guardians to die in battle unless their ghosts were targeted with some type of hardened scorn weapon

They were Shaw Han's team, so you should be able to follow that thread.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ghosts die all the time, usually to Easily Preventable Mistakes or Excessive Firepower. one of the cabal methods of dealing with guardians for good involves an absolutely ridiculous amount of artillery to get their ghosts too

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Armamentarium doesn’t give me 3 grenades with the seasonal artifact perk?! What a rip!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the most fun i've ever had in mayhem was getting my swarm grenade cooldown to 3 seconds and getting a 3.0 KD without firing my weapon once

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

I never actually used either of these before. I was about to get jötunn on my previous character so maybe I'll consider that one

Jotunn is a joy for Iron Banner right now. Tracking, burning, AoE damage on that group just standing around in that circle.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

ghosts die all the time, usually to Easily Preventable Mistakes or Excessive Firepower. one of the cabal methods of dealing with guardians for good involves an absolutely ridiculous amount of artillery to get their ghosts too

syntaxfunction posted:

They were Shaw Han's team, so you should be able to follow that thread.

that all makes sense now!

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

Pioneer42 posted:

Jotunn is a joy for Iron Banner right now. Tracking, burning, AoE damage on that group just standing around in that circle.

Been having lots of fun with witherhoard, too

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I don't think chaperone is an exotic I can get through the kiosk though.

There’s at least two Chaperone exotic “quests” for new lights, but I’m not sure if Amanda will still give you one of them ha ha

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

amanda's not giving much of anything right now

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kith posted:

amanda's not giving much of anything right now

lazy

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I switched up my Strand grenade and melee special like suggested and yeah, it's a lot better. The initial kit was a pretty bad way to start for Hunters so I'm glad the subclass will be getting more use from me.

Also I completed the catalyst for Dead Man's Tale and I love it even more. Best Scout Rifle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've been trying a Star Eater Scales build with Strand that takes advantage of the fact that the grapple melee is both a grenade and a melee, so if you kill something with it, you can spawn two orbs simultaneously. Then you grab the orbs, Star Eater Scales makes them count for more and you get health from Recuperation and Woven Mail from the fragment, it should give you some pretty high super uptime, but the build's just a little clunky, you can't always get the orbs after the melee, I'm kinda considering giving in and just going for an All Suspend All The Time loadout instead.

It'd be a lot easier to do if Reaper worked with the dive bomb suspend, but I think that's a known issue, at least.

The really annoying thing about doing a build based around grappling is the keybind fuckery you have to do to make sure you have 100% uptime for grapple melee, which can really gently caress with your muscle memory at other times.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 26, 2023

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

quick question: the Playlist vendor bounties don't actually give vendor rep, do they?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
It will explicitly say if it does.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

hiddenriverninja posted:

quick question: the Playlist vendor bounties don't actually give vendor rep, do they?

no, they got rid of that at the same time they introduced streaks.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Ive never bothered with Iron Banner before (or at least, not since ages ago before we even had seasons) so I have dumb questions about Iron Banner

Will the 4 "do matches for a bonus to rank pts" thing reset next week IB is around or is it up all season once done?
Can I save engrams for IB til next IB instead of spending them now? I assume so since its listed in the engram counter thing but I prefer not to assume

Thanks

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

Ive never bothered with Iron Banner before (or at least, not since ages ago before we even had seasons) so I have dumb questions about Iron Banner

Will the 4 "do matches for a bonus to rank pts" thing reset next week IB is around or is it up all season once done?
Can I save engrams for IB til next IB instead of spending them now? I assume so since its listed in the engram counter thing but I prefer not to assume

Thanks

The "Do matches" challenges will reset for the next IB week. This means you can get more rewards/pinnacles each IB week, but it also means you do need to regrind the challenges for the rep bonus.

You can save IB engrams until the last IB week of the season. I don't think you can preserve them into the next season anymore.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

PathAsc posted:

If you have BLight, Shaw Han also offers a quest to get it that only has one step involving Cru / Gambit :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, there will be 4 more challenges next time and your rep multiplier resets

I don’t know for sure if engrams stay but I’m about 75% sure they do since your IB rank also stays

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

The "Do matches" challenges will reset for the next IB week. This means you can get more rewards/pinnacles each IB week, but it also means you do need to regrind the challenges for the rep bonus.

You can save IB engrams until the last IB week of the season. I don't think you can preserve them into the next season anymore.

Ok cool thanks

haveblue posted:

Yes, there will be 4 more challenges next time and your rep multiplier resets

I don’t know for sure if engrams stay but I’m about 75% sure they do since your IB rank also stays

Oh yeah I meant to ask if rank reset, thanks. Might as well get an ascendant shard out of it eventually but I'll do it next week it comes and start earlier.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Vendor Engrams are only wiped at the end of the season.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone struggling with LLS, today's is relatively easy if you have Wish Ender. Reach out if you want a tutorial on where to stand, there are a bunch of places to be where you can shoot but can't be shot, it's doable at probably 1800 and above if you're patient. If you don't have Wish Ender but have Forsaken, we can knock that out too, takes like 45 minutes. Look me up in game Colonel Rhombus#2556 or search the discord in the OP for rhombus.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

uwaeve posted:

Anyone struggling with LLS, today's is relatively easy if you have Wish Ender. Reach out if you want a tutorial on where to stand, there are a bunch of places to be where you can shoot but can't be shot, it's doable at probably 1800 and above if you're patient. If you don't have Wish Ender but have Forsaken, we can knock that out too, takes like 45 minutes. Look me up in game Colonel Rhombus#2556 or search the discord in the OP for rhombus.

Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and knocked out flawless master on it just now with Wish Ender / Doom of Chelchis on void hunter. Got the last 2 boots I was missing too on the 3 clears I did. Unstoppables are the only thing that really push you and scout stun + heavy of your liking melts them down.

I was 1812 so I was -28 for the activity.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I didn't know what LLSs were until yesterday. Yesterday's was a big learning experience but I managed to clear it at 1800 with Forerunner, a scout rifle and a linear fusion rifle. Cleared today's first try with the same build, but I don't think it works quite well enough for me to do it flawlessly.

This kind of thing highlights the difficulty I prefer - slow and methodical shooting and movement against a small number of powerful enemies, instead of an open area filled with seven thousand trash mobs and you just have to pray. gently caress you, Avalon.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Guardian Rank 8 to go with my Dredgen⁸ :cool:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Turgid Flagella posted:

Been having lots of fun with witherhoard, too

People will not stop running into witherhoard aoe in IB, it's amazing, except I can't stop doing it either.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I just realized every time I've stopped playing D2 is during Iron Banner. Thankfully they've made that reset requirement for Iron Lord more lenient, doing it twice in even a season is madness why do I do this to myself

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
If you aren't going to bring back SLR then please stop making me get on a Sparrow as part of a mission.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Verglas Curve is a lot of fun on a shatter drive hunter :unsmith:.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Bleck posted:

This kind of thing highlights the difficulty I prefer - slow and methodical shooting and movement against a small number of powerful enemies, instead of an open area filled with seven thousand trash mobs and you just have to pray. gently caress you, Avalon.

Grandmaster Nightfalls are mostly like this, though most recently-made strikes contain at least one big gently caress you open area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also at least one heist battleground is going to be a grandmaster this season so, uh, good luck