Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Versus 5

https://po2scans.com/reader/641f3b091cd8d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I'm really enjoying this so far

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm really enjoying this so far

Same, I can't wait till August where we're finally into the meat of it, because every little glimpse of their enemies fighting each other has absolutely been super hype.

The fish people murdered a giant via the power of teamwork!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sakamoto just keeps being the coolest

Mashle: another cool lady down in Jump :negative:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

He’s seriously so cool

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If G&G is getting canned they sure are taking their sweet time about it. Normally they only get one or two chapters to wrap things up.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

If G&G is getting canned they sure are taking their sweet time about it. Normally they only get one or two chapters to wrap things up.

Yeah, it could be heading towards the end, but it feels like another four or five chapters, if not more. Same with Tokyo Demon Bride.

Ichinose: Really not digging this plot twist, and if I didn't know how well the series was doing I'd swear the mangaka was scrambling to wrap everything up

Witch Watch: What classic horror monsters are left now?

Blue Box: Still don't care about Chinatsu's friend

Ayakashi Triangle: so Matsuri staying a girl is starting to feel like the endgame for the series

Sakamoto Days:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Witch Watch: What classic horror monsters are left now?

Ghosts, zombies, aliens, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, and nonsensical slasher movie villains.

Edit: I omitted the Invisible Man because they already did a chapter where Nico turns someone invisible.

Edit 2: Though oni and tengu aren't really "classic horror monsters" so much as "Japanese folklore monsters." There's plenty of yokai they haven't covered yet (the most obvious being kitsune, tanuki, and yuki-onna).

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 26, 2023

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Fabricant: Very interesting. I like how much the series sticks to it’s premise. No they aren’t human at all. Even when they’re kind.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Darth TNT posted:

Fabricant: Very interesting. I like how much the series sticks to it’s premise. No they aren’t human at all. Even when they’re kind.
Well I think it's giving the impression that there's a inkling of it in them. My guess is the their inhumanity is from their cores.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I feel like just giving them internal monologue in the same style as the other characters keeps the Fabricants from seeming all that inhuman. I’m not sure how intentional this is.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

I feel like just giving them internal monologue in the same style as the other characters keeps the Fabricants from seeming all that inhuman. I’m not sure how intentional this is.

I think it was bound to happen with 100 sooner or later, especially since it's how we find out that she doesn't seem to really know all that much about her own physiology

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Fabricants having hints of humanity makes their murders more interesting than if they were completely inhuman

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's a cool way to explain why he picked the fat disguise, not only by introducing the technique used but also because he thinks it is amusing to children.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think Fabricants having hints of humanity makes their murders more interesting than if they were completely inhuman

Im finding as it goes on it gets closer to how Frieren is handling its demons.
Theyre human adjacent because they need to act human to get what they want.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This manga's choreography is insane. It's making me want to know how they come up with this poo poo. The only other manga I can remember off the top of my head working with experts involved was like, Kengan Asura and maybe half of Food Wars.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

This manga's choreography is insane. It's making me want to know how they come up with this poo poo. The only other manga I can remember off the top of my head working with experts involved was like, Kengan Asura and maybe half of Food Wars.

The eventual anime adaptation is going to be wild.

At least, it better be :argh:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
sakamoto would have to be pulling jujutsu kaisen numbers to justify the budget needed to properly render its action, and as far as i know it's not that big

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Fabricants basically get to the point of being nearly sympathetic.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

It's deeply weird. GnG and Tokyo are showing all the signs of getting canned, and we saw High School Family and PPPPPP go, but we haven't seen any sign of the new batch of series. Normally, we'd have some suggestion.

As for Sakamoto, animation quality depends as much on passion as budget. Demon Slayer was selling worse than Sakamoto before the anime, but it had a team that believed in it, and we all saw how that went. Meanwhile, Promised Neverland had great sales going into season 2, and it crashed and burned.

If the anime has talented and passionate people with a decent schedule, it'll probably look great. If not, then money is unlikely to save it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

It's deeply weird. GnG and Tokyo are showing all the signs of getting canned, and we saw High School Family and PPPPPP go, but we haven't seen any sign of the new batch of series. Normally, we'd have some suggestion.

Ginko & Glüna and Tokyo Demon Bride are deeply weird, because both of the series were doing pretty clear series finales and preparing to wrap it up in last few chapters. And then suddenly, this chapter for both series is literally "Anyways, the adventure continues! Here is the beginning of a new arc!". Guess the mangakas were told that there is no plan to cancel their series just yet?

Also lmao at the MC of Tokyo Demon Bride spending part of the chapter reminiscing about how he can't take his idyllic life for granted and that everything can suddenly end at any moment. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

chiasaur11 posted:

Promised Neverland had great sales going into season 2, and it crashed and burned.
God this was really was an all-timer. There surely must have been something going on behind the scenes because season two was just insane decision after insane decision.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Oxxidation posted:

sakamoto would have to be pulling jujutsu kaisen numbers to justify the budget needed to properly render its action, and as far as i know it's not that big

I mean Demon Slayer wasn't doing football numbers until it got an expensive good looking Anime adaptation.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Marriagetoxin #42
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015884

Is this ending? This feels a lot like a near-final chapter to me. I hope not, because I'm still digging everything except this particular big bad.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Vibes are a bit weird yeah, but there’s no way it’s ending yet. He hasn’t achieved his goal.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It’s just the dramatic climax of the first big classic shonen battle arc.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, this chapter has weird "grand finale" energy, but hopefully it's just grand finale of the first big arc and not of the whole series.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Weird things in Edens zero
Its rehabilitating every villain in the story because a universal reset happened.

literal power of friendship stuff.

Well not all of them, torture man is still torture man

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, this chapter has weird "grand finale" energy, but hopefully it's just grand finale of the first big arc and not of the whole series.

Yeah, I don't think it's wrapping up but I'll be incredibly disappointed if it is. It's one of my favorite series at the moment

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1640962817120522241?t=OTr9o4SoBN1Po60AzvPteQ&s=19

It got TWENTY NINE chapters??

newershadow
May 18, 2014
Sometimes it's more about external timing than how bad a series is on its own - in this case it was probably about spacing out new series (and possibly finding them?).

4 new series are coming shortly, so there might be one more series ending, since I think there technically haven't been replacements for High School Family or PPPPPP yet: https://twitter.com/wsj_manga/status/1640965375130054656

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

newershadow posted:

Sometimes it's more about external timing than how bad a series is on its own - in this case it was probably about spacing out new series (and possibly finding them?).

4 new series are coming shortly, so there might be one more series ending, since I think there technically haven't been replacements for High School Family or PPPPPP yet: https://twitter.com/wsj_manga/status/1640965375130054656

Oh nice, Bone Collection mangaka is getting a new series! I quite liked Bone Collection's characters and gags, so here's hoping Dri Tri winds up finding better footing.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I hope Cipher Academy sticks around and Ginka and Gluna or Ichigoki’s Under Control gets the axe instead.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Yeah, it was good

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Feel like that incredulity is better saved for Earthchild 2, yeah.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

Oh nice, Bone Collection mangaka is getting a new series! I quite liked Bone Collection's characters and gags, so here's hoping Dri Tri winds up finding better footing.

Oh, that’s why she looked so familiar. Bone collection had good humor, I hope the Mangaka builds on the good parts.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding the MarriageToxin chapter, my finely honed "manga approaching imminent ending" instincts say that it is not approaching an end. It just feels like the end of a major arc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's the end of a big fight, but it's not very romantic. there's absolutely no way this is the end of the manga.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sorry everyone MarriageToxin is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dead serious about becoming a full romance manga!