Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

Boatmurdered is how I found DF I’m pretty sure, it was a big deal

same and also those stories are sick invictus thanks for sharing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I remember the Animal Crossing one because it had a bunch of illustrations and I think the Villager had his eye cut out or something.

lol the dark secret of animal crossing. that was like right around when i reg'd i think and one of my housemates at the time was always asking if it had updated yet so we could read it together lol

e: the terrible secret not dark secret

https://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

iirc he also wouldnt stop even after being discovered and confronted

Sepsis in his dick 2x, almost lost it. Refused to ever admit to any of it.

OP was panicking because she kept finding his stash of 'inflation" gear including an old ketchup bottle and like clockwork for E/N at the time a handful of posters tried to make it a kinkshame thing and insisting that he just needed the proper resources to pump up his dick safely.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

pentyne posted:

Sepsis in his dick 2x, almost lost it. Refused to ever admit to any of it.

OP was panicking because she kept finding his stash of 'inflation" gear including an old ketchup bottle and like clockwork for E/N at the time a handful of posters tried to make it a kinkshame thing and insisting that he just needed the proper resources to pump up his dick safely.

Did they suggest introducing balloons into his play

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I remember the thing that lured me to SA in the first place from my old forum home (a fan forum for the maker of the Jumper games, better known now for making Celeste) was a screenshot LP of Half-Life called lets play half=life 2

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lol the final boss in Metroid Dread is hard AF. I kinda like this Dark Souls approach to Metroid boss fights though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

SirSamVimes posted:

I remember the thing that lured me to SA in the first place from my old forum home (a fan forum for the maker of the Jumper games, better known now for making Celeste) was a screenshot LP of Half-Life called lets play half=life 2

that LP and the TIE Fighter one were legends

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I remember the Animal Crossing one because it had a bunch of illustrations and I think the Villager had his eye cut out or something.

Yea, that’s the one. I think the OP abandoned the thread eventually though and it wasn’t finished - or was finished much later.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Speaking of half-life, I had to break it to someone recently that Half Life Full Life Consequences, its sequels, and Squirrelking itself was all a ruse by goon Mattimer

the youtube videos animating it in gmod with the narration someone did are still amazing, but I have to admit knowing it wasn't "genuine" does take a little bit of the magic out of it

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 27, 2023

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Lol the final boss in Metroid Dread is hard AF. I kinda like this Dark Souls approach to Metroid boss fights though.

That fight is a work of art, it's totally worth pushing through

Mild spoilers about why I love that fight so much: the last phase is a much harder version of the first phase, but because you've practiced the first phase so many times on the way there you're likely to just sail through it and it feels amazing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TZcW8wmmo4

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

boatmurdered and the animal crossing LP are how I found this place and eventually registered. People made good content back in the day.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
some still do

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the elentor ff7 lp is what got me to register teh first time, shame what happened to her account in the end

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Harrow posted:

That fight is a work of art, it's totally worth pushing through

Mild spoilers about why I love that fight so much: the last phase is a much harder version of the first phase, but because you've practiced the first phase so many times on the way there you're likely to just sail through it and it feels amazing

I bounced off dread the first time I played it because the EMMI things were frustrating and the game doesn’t do a great job of telling you where to go in the beginning. I’m in love with it now. 100% of all items and I’m sad I’m at the end.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

copy posted:

lol the dark secret of animal crossing. that was like right around when i reg'd i think and one of my housemates at the time was always asking if it had updated yet so we could read it together lol

e: the terrible secret not dark secret

https://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/

Chewbot wound up doing the story for The Banner Saga

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

jetz0r posted:

That's really fuckin cool, I loved that game.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

jetz0r posted:

Oh wow. I loved those games

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

oh poo poo a breadcrab

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jetz0r posted:

I only played the first game and remember that it was really bad due to fundamentally broken battle mechanics, but that wasn't the story's fault at least

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The Jurassic Park: Trespasser LP by Research Indicates was super interesting and informative. That and supergreatfriend's LP of Deadly Premonition, which is probably the best way to get the story of the game if you don't want to tackle the game itself.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 27, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the trespasser LP went unexpectedly dark for like two weeks near the end. this turned out to be because research indicates went on a hiking trip, got lost with almost no equipment, and decided to have a frontiersman adventure in the wilderness before finding his way back home. making acorn-meal pancakes like he was in My Side of the Mountain

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i just bought the game contraband police and i must say, as a lover of papers please, its great.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SGF ftw. Still watch most things he does, my favorite has to be the Life and Times of Bully Demise, a wrestling icon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol at the boob health bar in trespasser

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Speaking of half-life, I had to break it to someone recently that Half Life Full Life Consequences, its sequels, and Squirrelking itself was all a ruse by goon Mattimer

the youtube videos animating it in gmod with the narration someone did are still amazing, but I have to admit knowing it wasn't "genuine" does take a little bit of the magic out of it

what
:negative:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

still catching up but lol

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Oxxidation posted:

the trespasser LP went unexpectedly dark for like two weeks near the end. this turned out to be because research indicates went on a hiking trip, got lost with almost no equipment, and decided to have a frontiersman adventure in the wilderness before finding his way back home. making acorn-meal pancakes like he was in My Side of the Mountain

wait what?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Oxxidation posted:

Did he know that you have to leach the acorn flour lest it poison you?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i prefer d&d style citation probe reasons to kindergarten teacher "we don't say" ones

And now I'm just reminded of how Koos Group being from FYAD and basically moderating D&D as a parody of a D&D mod both explains a lot and somehow actually more or less works.

Yinlock posted:

The best part of that LP was that because there were so many half-finished pet projects there was a sea of mysterious levers around the fortress and nobody knew what they did. Sometimes they did nothing at all, sometimes they opened a door like 4 floors down and sometimes they flooded a workshop with lava.

You might be thinking of other succession games, since I think Boatmurdered was waaay back before DF had multiple vertical levels. Headshoots was a particularly spectacular one for that as among other things there was a room that no one was able to consistently find on the map itself, and only able to locate it through the workshop menu. Also I think one lever opened a cage full of cats.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Did he know that you have to leach the acorn flour lest it poison you?

apparently so because he was perfectly fine when he got back. the guy was a rootin-tootin texan outdoorsman on top of being a former radio jockey or something. the latter's definitely evident in his lp presentation

e: the post:

quote:

Well it was no big deal but I can give the rundown if you want. It's an SSLP I guess since I didn't have a video camera.

The semester had just wrapped up here at SJSU and my lease was up in the dorms in a couple days. I didn't have a new place lined up yet so I was going to be living out of my car for a while until I had things figured out. This seemed like as good a time as any to go camping since I sure as hell couldn't play video games. I grabbed my gear and started planning. Tuolumne meadows are great this time of year so I headed out there. The idea was to head through the meadows, up to Glen Aulin high sierra camp, out to May Lake, then take a trail that followed the road past Tenaya lake and back to my car.

Not too complicated, good solid two day hike and drive home on the third. I started up the trail and crossed the meadows, this early in the season I didn't see anyone around but the wildlife was out in force. Deer walked up and down the trail looking for fodder while fat marmots played in the sun and scuttled around. Since we were well into the snowmelt season, everything was very wet. There was a lot of slipping on smooth granite outcroppings until I got to Tuolumne falls. The falls were going full steam from the swollen river. I had to be careful on the stone stairs since everything was soaked with spray.

Another goodly ways and I hit Glen Aulin. I'd been through before in the middle of summer and the place was amazing. It's like a little city in the middle of the woods, tent cabins and stone buildings are everywhere, mule trains bring in supplies every few days for guests and staff while visiting backpackers barter for food and beer.

Unfortunately, I timed my arrival badly. Glen Aulin was deserted. Had been ever since they closed down for the winter months earlier, it wasn't set to open up again till later in the month. There being nothing for me there, I continued up the canyon and made my first mistake. The reason the camp was closed was because of the snow. The snow was about 5 feet deep with a thick ice crust where the surface had melted and refrozen dozens of times. The problem here is that NPS signposts are about 4 feet high. This being the case, I missed my turnoff to get to May lake. I headed straight north for close to 6 miles before I realized something was wrong. It was at this point I made my decision. If I turned around right now, I could follow my footprints back to the car, no problem. But if I kept going, I could take a different set of trails, still make it back to my car, and have an adventure along the way. I decided to keep on going. I should mention at this point that I'm a wilderness survival instructor at a Boy Scout camp in California, I was pretty sure I could manage this though I'd never tried winter survival before.

Midway into the third day we had a storm. It snowed like I'd never seen before, though that's not saying much since I don't live near snow. Long story short, I completely lost the trail. Low clouds covered up the peaks I was using to navigate by and the storm had wiped out my prints and hidden the trail. I pressed on but the next couple days are a bit of a blur. I was exhausted and freezing, I had gotten wet during a stream crossing and I was not a happy camper. Ate my last clif bar on day 4 after going completely the wrong way, hitting a granite cliff and having to backtrack several miles. Lucky for me there's no poison oak at these elevations. Midway into day 5 I collected pine nuts from the trees. I filled my hat with them and kept on moving. Day 6 rocked for me, the sky cleared up and I was able to shoot my location from the nearby peaks. As I lost altitude the snow vanished and I could move a lot faster. Not long after, I found the trail again.

I found a small meadow with a couple of oak trees. Lucky deal since where oaks can grow, a lot of other things can as well. Sure enough, there was a wild onion and a bit of miner's lettuce growing in the area. I collected the acorns I could reach and smashed them up with a flat rock. I camped overnight and made ash cakes. You roll up the acorn flour and set it in the hot ashes of your fire for a few hours. If you don't cook them the tannic acid makes you sick. Day 7 followed the trail as best I could and surprise surprise, I ran into May lake. Day 8 I hit the road and hitchhiked back to my car. That was 4 days ago and now we get to finish Trespasser.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

apparently so because he was perfectly fine when he got back. the guy was a rootin-tootin texan outdoorsman on top of being a former radio jockey or something. the latter's definitely evident in his lp presentation

this is the exact opposite of muertes death match lmao badass

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

sebmojo posted:

Isn't deadmaus a goon? Or Skrillex, one of those guys.

Yes, Lowtax made dead mouse a GBS mod in like 2014 or so. It was so epic lulz

E: oh lol if I bothered to read one more post..

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

edit23: wow i am in the wrong thread

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

This owns

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

awesome stuff

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

virgin muerte subsists on raisins and nearly dies walking down an easy nature trail after losing his cart chad tresspasser goon survives a week on wild onions before hitchhiking home

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I just had the vaguest memory of someone streaming one of the SNES Mario games on twitch, but they had a camera pointed at their tv instead of using a capture card or whatever. I feel like after a few streams they propped up a mirror to act as the face cam.

I feel like it was a goon, does anybody else remember that happening?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oxxidation posted:

this fuckin rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

selan dyin posted:

oh poo poo a breadcrab

cybershell ftw