Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Why Not Us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m afraid to say I’m rooting for the Aztecs because then I’ll jinx them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean, I'm on team anyone but UConn like everyone else, but whew have they just been bulldozing their way past everyone in front of them.

I guess it's the NCAA tournament, so you're almost surely going to be disappointed at the end no matter how much fun it was getting here.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxQ_TIIDtAU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Amy Pole Her posted:

Holy poo poo how is little ol FAU in n the goddamn final four

I actually went there for two summers during my FSU years. Happy to see them do well. Boca kinda sucks tho

As a very casual observer of this MBB season, it was upset city all year. Not totally surprised that the tournament itself had a few plucky underdogs all make runs.

Is this the highest combined seeding ever in a men's Final Four? 4 + 5 + 6 + 9, I know that there have been a few seasons with 10+ seeds making it this far but there's usually been a couple of top-3 seeds to go with them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

Is this the highest combined seeding ever in a men's Final Four? 4 + 5 + 6 + 9, I know that there have been a few seasons with 10+ seeds making it this far but there's usually been a couple of top-3 seeds to go with them.

Second all time:

quote:

The lowest-seeded Final Four came back in 2011 with No. 3 UConn, No. 4 Kentucky, No. 8 Butler and No. 11 VCU. The four schools had an average seed of 6.5, besting the previous record of 5.5 from 2000.

This is the first time a 1, 2 or 3 has not been involved though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I went for a hike today

Tilden Park, which is in the hills of the east bay, you can see the golden gate bridge and downtown SF across the bay in that photo. It was very good to go outside and touch grass, and also reconnect with some friends I haven't seen in a couple of years.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
First time LSU women's basketball has been in a Final Four since 2008!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It just started pissing hail here. RIP my car

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Not really sure you can call it pissing unless they're like God's kidney stones or something

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There’s a lot of rain too but yeah let’s go with kidney stones

https://i.imgur.com/CJyewF0.mp4

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Never go full method for a boxing movie

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Is there a generic term for Dr Pepper-like sodas? We have the term “cola” for Coke, Pepsi, RC, and the like, we have “root beer” for all root beers, we have “lemon-lime soda” for Sprite, 7Up, Sierra Mist, etc, but under what classification do we put every store brand soda that starts with “Dr.”?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Coke / Pepsi / RC / Dr publix

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Mr. Pibb

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

Is there a generic term for Dr Pepper-like sodas? We have the term “cola” for Coke, Pepsi, RC, and the like, we have “root beer” for all root beers, we have “lemon-lime soda” for Sprite, 7Up, Sierra Mist, etc, but under what classification do we put every store brand soda that starts with “Dr.”?

Prune juice

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I found this which lists dozens upon dozens of them, 90+% are named Dr. something, so yeah, call 'em Docs: https://brandinformers.com/dr-pepper-off-brands/

Mr. Pig
Dr. Sparkle
Peppo
Dr. Nut
Southern Lightning
Dr. Tremor
Country Doctor

Oh man I want to try Dr. Rocket

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

A warrior's drink.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kalli posted:

I found this which lists dozens upon dozens of them, 90+% are named Dr. something, so yeah, call 'em Docs: https://brandinformers.com/dr-pepper-off-brands/

Mr. Pig
Dr. Sparkle
Peppo
Dr. Nut
Southern Lightning
Dr. Tremor
Country Doctor

Oh man I want to try Dr. Rocket

Dr. Perky from Food Lion was a fun one

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sad to report that both Peppo and Southern Lightning were renamed to Mr / Dr variants.

So yeah, Dr. Pepper / Mr. Pibb forced all the variants to use that naming scheme.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Freaquency posted:

People complaining about the youths always makes me giggle. My dad shared some dumb video on Facebook of kids in the 60s/70s building homemade bike ramps and it was all “kids can’t do this anymore!” But like, dude, you watched me do that in the late 90s which was peak ‘think of the children’ era. Also you can just go on Amazon and buy one from a sketchy aliexpress reseller for 50 bucks instead of using splintery wood that’s going to crack as soon as a wheel touches it.

When we were teenagers my friend’s parents let us build a half pipe in their backyard, and so we built this gently caress off huge 16 foot wide one that was probably 6 feet tall complete with a vert wall extension at one end and a roll-in on one side in the middle that the more ballsy of us would gap over. That thing whipped rear end and when his parents got sick of it at the end of summer we had a massive bon fire to burn it all

Shinji2015 posted:

As a kid, I remember reading articles complaining about how terrible, lazy,, and entitled Gen Xers were, how their music sucked, etc., and those really stuck with me. And once people my age started complaining about how millennials sucked (despite being millennials themselves), it just brought flashbacks of how terrible those articles were to me even back then. It's loving wild how that cycle is never-ending

Before I quit FB one of my siblings’ friends would constantly hate-post about how millennials sucked and were lazy pieces of poo poo, and I remembered he was my brother’s age who was…a millennial. An elder-millennial, but still a millennial.

LeeMajors posted:

My wife gets pretty smug about football pacing but the last 30s of any basketball game is the longest 10 years of anyone’s life.

I’m not normally a NASCAR person but I had to check out the race at CotA today, and I was simultaneously getting dinner started and going down to the garage to help the girlfriend strip some painted furniture while trying to catch the end. Thing was perpetually stuck at 2 laps to go because cautions kept popping up and they kept restarting without counting down any laps, it took them like 45 minutes to actually complete the 2 laps and finish the drat race.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

T-Square posted:

I’m not normally a NASCAR person but I had to check out the race at CotA today, and I was simultaneously getting dinner started and going down to the garage to help the girlfriend strip some painted furniture while trying to catch the end. Thing was perpetually stuck at 2 laps to go because cautions kept popping up and they kept restarting without counting down any laps, it took them like 45 minutes to actually complete the 2 laps and finish the drat race.

The three restarts in overtime were wild. Reddick basically had to win that race four times over.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Formula 1 being a two hour blitz with no commercials really is so refreshing. It cannot be overstated.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Soccer is much the same, I know I can hit the pub at 7, be out at 9, do a little grocery shopping after and be back home by 10 on weekends. It's very efficient.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

General Dog posted:

Trash?

I do like Cherry Dr Pepper, to be fair ...

Timby posted:

A warrior's drink.

:haibrow:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol I missed Joe Biden trying to attack the fascist right….from the right?

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/16...ingawful.com%2F

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeeMajors posted:

lol I missed Joe Biden trying to attack the fascist right….from the right?

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/16...ingawful.com%2F

There are days I have absolutely no idea what the gently caress his press office is smoking when they write some of these tweets.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Isn't a lot of fentanyl manufactured in the US so they don't have to deal with smuggling it over the border?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

Isn't a lot of fentanyl manufactured in the US so they don't have to deal with smuggling it over the border?

I think Mexico's cartels started getting pretty heavily into the supply of things that it takes to make fentanyl and that's a large amount of what gets smuggled with a little DIY kit if I have it right?

Not exactly that simple of course.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I think I am going to spend the morning watching this video, its strangely hypnotic.

https://youtu.be/wazg6u3ESco

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Timby posted:

There are days I have absolutely no idea what the gently caress his press office is smoking when they write some of these tweets.

A lot of people who consider themselves “lean left” start to grow little toothbrush mustaches when someone so much as mentions crime and the right will gladly pound that message all day long. Does it matter if it’s actually happening? Of course not! These are the voters that Biden will need to corral back to his side again because even though he “won” by several million votes, the actual number that secured the presidency was only like 20K.

The DC LAN thread, which is pretty left like most of the people still here seem to be, just had a collective multi-day melty that started with someone complaining about unpaid car registration fees and ended with someone unironically calling for the revocation of home rule because they see people with mental illness on the street some times. The average person’s response to even the suggestion of the threat of crime makes it almost a requirement to act “tough on crime” even as it actually does gently caress-all.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The fenetryl may be made in the US, but here in Portland it looks like some the dealers may be from South America.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/jakebackpack/status/1640009570528514051

I haven't watched enough Nu Star Trek to comment (I've only seen like the first three episodes of Picard Season 1), but I still thought this thread was interesting

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Holy poo poo our regional administrator died in his sleep on Saturday. He was only 46 and I'd just been in a program meeting with him on Tuesday. I didn't know him very well but my good friend and a bunch of other friends and coworkers are absolutely devestated. He'd been with the state for 20 years.

Of course our head of child welfare operations sent out an email that boils down to "sorry that happened, get back to work". It'll blow up in the morning.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Never commuting again

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1640324035266625540

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Holy poo poo our regional administrator died in his sleep on Saturday. He was only 46 and I'd just been in a program meeting with him on Tuesday. I didn't know him very well but my good friend and a bunch of other friends and coworkers are absolutely devestated. He'd been with the state for 20 years.

Of course our head of child welfare operations sent out an email that boils down to "sorry that happened, get back to work". It'll blow up in the morning.

Friend of mine from college died a year or so back. So he was like 42-ish. Unfortunately he had some degenerative bone conditions and was doing amphetamines like someone trying to live a full 80 years in 40, so it wasn't unexpected, but still, it hurt to hear. Dude was an incredible programmer

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Stories of people dying in their sleep at 46, and also those articles of guys finding out they have lymphoma during a routine physical for the NFL have made me book a doctor's appointment. Of course, it's going to take me three months to see my doctor, so I hope I don't die in the interim.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 27, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

As I turn a weekend into a 4 day sick out from Covid, I also have been thinking about my own mortality a lot.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Obviously glad that no one was apparently hurt, but lmao at the loose tire coming back to finish the job.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
It is satisfying knowing that I have only 2 more weeks at this job and that I'll only be in the office 2 more times. Just a real peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^-:toot:

C-Euro posted:

Obviously glad that no one was apparently hurt, but lmao at the loose tire coming back to finish the job.

Runaway tires in crashes are probably actually horrifying but I'm always going to laugh at them in videos unless someone died.

In other news I woke up this morning, or was woken up by, a sore throat. And not one of those pleasant little scratchy ones, one where it feels like you might just maybe have it close up on you. Fun! (I'm fine for the record, it's already better. Well better enough that I'm not worried. I've been around the block on sore throats. Just annoyed)

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 27, 2023