Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Just came across this post from early in the month.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Right now the functional difference is reports and mod forum access. We vet our mods more thoroughly from an admin side, ie no weird alt poo poo like another Honey trap queen situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Wheeling, Youngstown, Warren. I mean loving Wheeling man. Pittsburg is surrounded by shitholes.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Platystemon posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No one says completely wrong poo poo with more authority than that fat loving bastard.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Oxxidation posted:

apparently so because he was perfectly fine when he got back. the guy was a rootin-tootin texan outdoorsman on top of being a former radio jockey or something. the latter's definitely evident in his lp presentation

e: the post:

RI really was the best LP guy these forums ever had

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Evil Eagle posted:

SGF ftw. Still watch most things he does, my favorite has to be the Life and Times of Bully Demise, a wrestling icon

echoing this. love sgf, bully demise, and his stomping related solutions to all problems

i think my fav thing of his is still the
MODE lp but sentient and quantum gate/the vortex/no one dreams here both come close

ive got a real soft spot for weird fmv poo poo

Oxxidation posted:

apparently so because he was perfectly fine when he got back. the guy was a rootin-tootin texan outdoorsman on top of being a former radio jockey or something. the latter's definitely evident in his lp presentation

lmao absolute king

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

muertes death match

fist fighting a baby trolley

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Platystemon posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
was going to say spr was just an ik then remembered podima and lol'd

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

badass

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

was going to say spr was just an ik then remembered podima and lol'd
lol literally same

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Tetramin posted:

Yes, Lowtax made dead mouse a GBS mod in like 2014 or so. It was so epic lulz

E: oh lol if I bothered to read one more post..

There’s a picture of Lowtax with Skrillex that’s probably lost to the ages

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

10 second google search

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
People have been posting a lot about the baby blowjob mod, but there was also the baby butthole mod in BYOB who stuck his finger up his infant son's rear end because the baby was constipated. Jett, now known as google THIS. I remember the thread but can't find it.

Edit: I realize now that "because the baby was constipated" looks like an excuse here, but no, he really did have to get the poop out of the baby with his finger.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 27, 2023

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Maybe that's for the best. That sounds like a terrible saga.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

UwUnabomber posted:

Maybe that's for the best. That sounds like a terrible saga.
It was legitimately doctor's orders.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yeah a lot about basic first aid and treatment gets pretty casually icky like that, but no less necessary.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Do NOT look up how you have to care for newborn kittens should they be without their mother.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Oxxidation posted:

this rules. I went through the Trespasser LP on the LP Archive site I think, not the thread, so I missed this part of the tale

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I dunno that "someone had to do something grody as doctor-prescribed first aid for their child" is really a saga, although posting about it in BYOB is a definite Choice

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Oxxidation posted:

holy poo poo lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Do NOT look up how you have to care for newborn kittens should they be without their mother.

I'm guessing it's similar to the care for the orphaned bear I saw on the NatGeo Wild show about the Tampa Zoo yesterday - feed, burp, then, um "encourage" to defecate.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

insane anime posted:

Well, Phillip I wouldn't worry too much about it. With today's modern medicine you should be fine to continue living out a few good strong remaining years as a mod.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sick of everyone punching down at HIV, the virus that causes AIDS

I didnt even SAY aids was funny until now.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oxxidation posted:

Lol gently caress yeah this rules

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
skrillex is cool now btw

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

When your fortress eventually collapses and the last dwarf in it dies in Steam DF, a song titled Koganusan plays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKv-liYc4qU
Koganusan is from the 2012 EP by Simon Swerwer, long before Dabu got involved.
Though the best song on the Dwarf Fortress OST is Drink & Industry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Df3_k9PGM

I think one (or both of them?) have or had accounts here on SA?

Oxxidation posted:

the trespasser LP went unexpectedly dark for like two weeks near the end. this turned out to be because research indicates went on a hiking trip, got lost with almost no equipment, and decided to have a frontiersman adventure in the wilderness before finding his way back home. making acorn-meal pancakes like he was in My Side of the Mountain
RI went on a lot of hiking trips, there's a bunch of videos on his YouTube (they used to be on Vimeo but got moved).

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Though the best song on the Dwarf Fortress OST is Drink & Industry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Df3_k9PGM

yeah the singalong bit of this is incredibly good

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Ilun Kinem! :dota101:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tweak posted:

edit23: wow i am in the wrong thread

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Tweak posted:

edit23: wow i am in the wrong thread

You’re totally loving up my numbers here and challenging the sanctity of the edit feature

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Oxxidation posted:

This is great and really does fit his delivery in the Trespasser LP, which feels like a nature trek with an experienced guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6A3SaRr26M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDK6Q2v8HPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oepl6lL6kK0

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

old OP reminded me of TLO roll call and lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

does anyone have any good SA Mart stories? Could go for some fatty jerky right about now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

does anyone have any good SA Mart stories? Could go for some fatty jerky right about now
I've got a great one for you, hold on a minute.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Babe Magnet posted:

old OP reminded me of TLO roll call and lol

Still listen to that occasionally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3338464

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lmao

the boxes start showing up about halfway down page 2

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I know folks said they didn't care about shivadas's SA-Mart drama, but it really was hilarious how many people were posting and purchasing hope against hope against all signs they'd never get anything so they could save a few bucks on bongs.

skeet_dawg posted:

I've just passed the four month mark of when I placed my order. I've left multiple voice mail messages, and have yet to receive a single reply. I've also sent multiple emails which, of course, also went unanswered.

I run my own business, and if I treated my customers like this, I'd probably not have any customers to piss off. All I want is what I ordered, or even something of comparable value to the money that he's has already taken from me. I think this is a pretty reasonable request.

I can tell you this will be the last time I place an order with this company. There's absolutely NO loving excuse to have to wait more than a month or two, let alone FOUR, and not get any kind of response or concern from the service provider. Absolute bullshit.

Olive Bar posted:

I posted for activation a while ago and he never activated me, I am so glad after watching the drama unfold.

Red Stripe posted:

Posting for activation and for hope.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

short but sweet in all its retro gooniness.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3990520&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

quote:

the last thing a cherished piece of electronics sees…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

lmao forgot about that