Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Carbon dioxide posted:

Hey, we don't have wonder bread.

In fact, I believe Subway "bread" can't even legally be considered bread because its sugar content is too high for bread.

Bread is supposed to smell good as it bakes, Subway smells like farts.

Sagebrush posted:

that was another mcdonalds play set. they had a whole line of them.

I loved those stupid cinnamon sugar bread fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Carbon dioxide posted:

Hey, we don't have wonder bread.

In fact, I believe Subway "bread" can't even legally be considered bread because its sugar content is too high for bread.

In Ireland. And it's mostly a tax thing.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/01/919189045/for-subway-a-ruling-not-so-sweet-irish-court-says-its-bread-isnt-bread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zack and Slater hanging out with Screech? Huh. Must be a dream sequence

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Screech is back to being a nobody after they get off

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bored As gently caress posted:

WHO'S KAFKA? TELL ME

He's the main villain from Final Fantasy 6, and he looks like a clown.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bored As gently caress posted:

WHO'S KAFKA? TELL ME

The offensive coordinator for the New York Giants.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Kheldarn posted:

He's the main villain from Final Fantasy 6, and he looks like a clown.

You're thinking of Kefka, Kafka is a fermented milk drink from Asia

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Whybird posted:

You uncultured pig dog, Kafka is a delightful meatball. That’s Kofta.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Whybird posted:

You’re thinking of kefir, kafka is that Finnish guy who covered ace of spades

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ranter posted:

For our birthdays Mum would buy the Aussie equiv of wonder bread, spread margarine on it and dip it in sprinkles (hundreds and thousands). It's basically sugar bread, margarine and more sugar. Called Fairy Bread.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rrd45iEwXL1z9s0xa_720.mp4

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I had one of those McDonald's food maker playsets, I believe my father and brother had bought it as a gift for me when they went to America.

This thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKHUjYYYMMM

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Mr. Lobe posted:

Do you just shove anything soft enough to extrude in there or what

:dong:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

Grassy Knowles posted:

Bread is supposed to smell good as it bakes, Subway smells like farts.

you can rightly say a lot of poo poo about florida but there's nothing like walking into a publix bakery in full swing

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Turgid Flagella posted:

you can rightly say a lot of poo poo about florida but there's nothing like walking into a publix bakery in full swing
Yeah but that’s because of the bakery part. Nothing at all specific about Publix.

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Yeah but that’s because of the bakery part. Nothing at all specific about Publix.

There's the sushi too

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I didn't realize until now Michael J Fox (who is you) was supposed to be in a Subway in Bright Lights, Big City. (Spoilered since it's the last paragraph of the book ig)

Jay McInerney posted:

You get down on your knees and tear open the bag. The smell of warm dough envelops you. The first bite sticks in your throat and you almost gag. You will have to go slowly. You will have to learn everything all over again.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

that was another mcdonalds play set. they had a whole line of them.

I swear we had one of the rollers from this long after we got rid of the rest of it.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

KennyMan666 posted:

I had one of those McDonald's food maker playsets, I believe my father and brother had bought it as a gift for me when they went to America.

This thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKHUjYYYMMM

See but at least this makes something kinda interesting, the fry one was just bread and you put cinnamonon it for some reason? McDonald's: well known for their cinnamon fries. Like I guess kids like to use their imaginations and I did use it enough to remember it but it's just strange. I also remember one time I wanted fries and my dad told me to take a slice of American cheese and break it into strips and dip them in ketchup and pretend they are fries. I did that for years after that because I liked it. I guess we had gotten rid of the fry maker by then.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Turgid Flagella posted:

There's the sushi too

I had Publix sushi last week.

It's uhh, sushi

(If there's something unique about it I don't get it. It even had a TLA brand label on the trays like it came off a truck. ShopRite in the NJ backwoods had a fresher selection and two actual sushi guys chopping it up)

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

Data Graham posted:

I had Publix sushi last week.

It's uhh, sushi

(If there's something unique about it I don't get it. It even had a TLA brand label on the trays like it came off a truck. ShopRite in the NJ backwoods had a fresher selection and two actual sushi guys chopping it up)

Oh my local store makes it fresh all day long, the mahi is coming in basically fresh off the boat

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73WMzqf7Hu4

Fezziwig
Jun 7, 2011

Turgid Flagella posted:

Oh my local store makes it fresh all day long, the mahi is coming in basically fresh off the boat

Publix hires an outside vendor to make all of the sushi. Some make it in store, others make it elsewhere and bring it to the store.

For the most part it's definitely sushi but it ain't anything to write home about

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

Fezziwig posted:

Publix hires an outside vendor to make all of the sushi. Some make it in store, others make it elsewhere and bring it to the store.

For the most part it's definitely sushi but it ain't anything to write home about

it:

* is $5
* won't make me sick

which is more than i can say about most seafood joints around here

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah the fact that it's $5 on Wednesdays is a powerful point in its favor.

At least until I start wondering why it's $5 on Wednesdays

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
What the gently caress is fairy bread

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lincoln posted:

What the gently caress is fairy bread

A horrible thing invented by the Australians.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

cinnamon toast but colorful

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Is it made of ground up fairys or just the ground up bones of the Aboriginals?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

you ain't seen nothing yet

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oooh they'll love trains then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

If they make my easily nauseated rear end sit backwards on a plane I will make credible threats of violence