Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

muscles like this! posted:

The latest feature riff, Nightwish, has a creepy ending that it does not earn at all.

I just watched Zindy for the first time :stare: cougar mauling the main character to death out of nowhere! THE END

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

2023 Kickstarter is up

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

RAD!!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The finest movie featuring a slow dance performed entirely on BMX bikes, I'll have you know.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Already fully funded but not exactly a huge surprise as they're usually pretty quick.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And every backer just got a 25% off everything coupon code emailed to them! which I'm not going to share here because I want people to support the Kickstarter.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Another Bill posted:

I just watched Zindy for the first time :stare: cougar mauling the main character to death out of nowhere! THE END

Its so good. Just such a wild, bleak, horrible ending for what is like a childrens movie

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Another Bill posted:

This week’s new riff is another René Cardona, Jr. movie! And yes, things don’t go well for the dog named Christmas.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's very funny how almost everyone survives to the end, until the last five minutes when a shark eats a good chunk of the cast.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I think Cardona really wants to teach his audience about loss.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Comedy option, what if Cardona was in charge of adapting CAD for the big screen?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Are there any other riffs that have a bunch of actors completely flubbing their lines? It’s my favorite part of Guy From Harlem.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lumbermouth posted:

Are there any other riffs that have a bunch of actors completely flubbing their lines? It’s my favorite part of Guy From Harlem.

Oh heavens yes. James Nguyen's probably too easy but if you're looking for "Cut! I said <flubbed line here>!" "Keep rolling!" they are the hook up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1631406440710836225

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Oh gently caress I'm so in now

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

And will Mike be releasing an audio book version? Asking for a friend.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

By popular demand posted:

Poor Mike will need a new voice box if he does one.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

By popular demand posted:

they said if there's enough interest, an audio version might be another stretch goal

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

New Bridget and MJ joint just dropped.

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1631746265800413190

:allears:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I hope the 372 pages podcast will do a post watching episode about the differences.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's an old guy in it and I thought he looked familiar and it is multiple Rifftrax movie star, Bo Svenson.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The movie is kind of boring until the last 15 minutes when it gets super wacky.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The movie is kind of boring until the last 15 minutes when it gets super wacky.

So no reason to watch save Bridget and MJ?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're still really funny throughout, it is just that the movie is just a lady doing a vague investigation where you're not actually sure what the crime is?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I finally watched a Teen Agers movie and got a 20 minute song about Patience and Fortitude.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm577XBfEV0

Today I found out there's a sequel to rifftrax favorite Grizzly, shot in the early 80s but only released in 2020.

I'm pretty excited!

e: the crowd shots are from a Hungarian Nazareth concert

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
i hope they do the hobbit movies someday.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

I finally watched a Teen Agers movie and got a 20 minute song about Patience and Fortitude.

Aren't they the best? :allears:

Shame we can't get all of them because I don't think decent copies exist for the whole series.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I like how the nerd character is funny one in every eight times, because the jokes are just so primitive I’ve never heard them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The current KS is roughly 29K away from finally riffing Stallone's Cobra which I would greatly appreciate.

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

The current KS is roughly 29K away from finally riffing Stallone's Cobra which I would greatly appreciate.

*clanks axes in support*

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

filmcynic posted:

*clanks axes in support*

I revisited Cobra not too long ago and forgot about the bit where Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti takes an already cut slice of pizza and then snips part of it off with scissors - that I really do hope are just for his pizza, his pizza scissors - and eats that part. "This, uh, makes him kinda, y'know, quirky."

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dawgstar posted:

I revisited Cobra not too long ago and forgot about the bit where Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti takes an already cut slice of pizza and then snips part of it off with scissors - that I really do hope are just for his pizza, his pizza scissors - and eats that part. "This, uh, makes him kinda, y'know, quirky."

I can’t remember if this is before or after he pulls his gun cleaning kit out of an egg carton in the fridge.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm not sure how Rifftrax could improve on the already perfect commentary track for Cobra which is just the director describing exactly what is on screen. "Here's the Cobra, that's Stallone."

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MassRafTer posted:

I'm not sure how Rifftrax could improve on the already perfect commentary track for Cobra which is just the director describing exactly what is on screen. "Here's the Cobra, that's Stallone."

You might just believe that George Cosmatos was brought in by studios when stars wanted to call the shots on set!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And now we've got Cobra which I think I'm more excited for than Rad. And I do love Rad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at how hard they go against Robert Davi's character wearing a Confederate Army hat in the new riff, The Bad Pack.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lol at how hard they go against Robert Davi's character wearing a Confederate Army hat in the new riff, The Bad Pack.

I wanted to remind myself who Robert Davi was and uhhhh

https://twitter.com/RobertJohnDavi/status/1641660707484696576

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

I wanted to remind myself who Robert Davi was and uhhhh

https://twitter.com/RobertJohnDavi/status/1641660707484696576

https://twitter.com/RobertJohnDavi/status/1641929376106201088

He brings the same energy at being mad at people's opinions on James Bond villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yet another actor who is far less eloquent than the characters he portrayed. but just as villainous?