Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Holes wasn't supposed to be a loving sentencing guideline you dumb assholes! gently caress this devil nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

AI Lawyer will still demand 33% from every settlement.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The Oldest Man posted:

*seeing a guy do close up magic*
holy poo poo this guy could teleport the president to mars if he wanted

so much tech reporting is https://www.theonion.com/amazing-new-hyperbolic-chamber-greatest-invention-in-th-1819567821

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

in 2004, Brian A. Smith, who had been convicted of purse snatching in 1983 and burglary in 1988, happened to be standing near two women who were shoplifting sheets at a mall. He was unaware of this, didn't have any stolen goods on him, but was convicted of aiding and abetting them just because he happened to be nearby. He was sentenced to life with parole after 25 years.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Biplane posted:

Exhibit A; Baby shoes, never worn

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Biplane posted:

Exhibit A; Baby shoes, never worn

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

About law stuff - AI bots have already been used for years in discovery, contract review, and case law research. It's not like some scam fart app thing, it's a real mainstream use.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

About law stuff - AI bots have already been used for years in discovery, contract review, and case law research. It's not like some scam fart app thing, it's a real mainstream use.

go ahead, marry the computer. we won't judge you here.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

me using ctrl+f to discover things in a document, "i'm an AI"

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
PerrAI Mason

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiZhdpLXZ8Q

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

mawarannahr posted:

we won't judge you here.
COMPAS judges people.
When an Algorithm Helps Send You to Prison

quote:

In 2013, police officers in Wisconsin arrested a man driving a car that had been used in a recent shooting. The man, Eric Loomis, pleaded guilty to attempting to flee an officer, and no contest to operating a vehicle without the owner’s consent. Neither of his crimes mandates prison time.

At Mr. Loomis’s sentencing, the judge cited, among other factors, Mr. Loomis’s high risk of recidivism as predicted by a computer program called COMPAS, a risk assessment algorithm used by the state of Wisconsin. The judge denied probation and prescribed an 11-year sentence: six years in prison, plus five years of extended supervision.

No one knows exactly how COMPAS works; its manufacturer refuses to disclose the proprietary algorithm. We only know the final risk assessment score it spits out, which judges may consider at sentencing.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Complexion-Oriented Mapping of Perpetrator Appearance and Skin

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

lol I love this whole dream of AI assisted legal tech.

It's driven by the same naivety that people have thinking the law is just algorithmic and objective.

Tech people read the law and think "oh it's just code! What a great use case for my tool". Then the judge declares that the mystical nature of a comma placement in one of the clauses actually means that the rich white defendant is not guilty.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Source Code of Hamurabi

Black-box Codes

Vim-Stowed Laws
US Source Code (USC) line 35

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

christmas boots posted:

I thought the issue with PDs isn't that they're bad lawyers but that they're horrendously overworked

Some, I'm sure, are bad lawyers

But yes I didn't say they were bad. Being unable to be overworked and having a perfect memory can also allow you to outperform them

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Oysters Autobio posted:

It's driven by the same naivety that people have thinking the law is just algorithmic and objective.

Tech people read the law and think "oh it's just code! What a great use case for my tool". Then the judge declares that the mystical nature of a comma placement in one of the clauses actually means that the rich white defendant is not guilty.

That's right

The law isn't real it's just a game of calvinball played by old men in dresses and how long you've been playing for the winning team determines who gets to make the rules stick.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruffian Price posted:

Complexion-Oriented Mapping of Perpetrator Appearance and Skin

:hmmyes:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Oysters Autobio posted:

there’s a long running subplot in the doomsday econ thread about a goon who meticulously documented all the ways their landlord broke the law but in the end the judge ruled in the landlords favor lol capital stays winning

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Centrist Committee posted:

there’s a long running subplot in the doomsday econ thread about a goon who meticulously documented all the ways their landlord broke the law but in the end the judge ruled in the landlords favor lol capital stays winning

wasn't there another who won a similar case? maybe pfc

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

hey that's not fair, the judge came to fair compromise between the two parties by splitting the difference between owing them a lot of money and owing them no money - owing them SOME money.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/naglinagli/status/1639343866313601024

lmfao

it's incredible, the most advanced hyper computer giga brain that's ever existed and you can trip it up by asking it a question about a semi colon and loading an injection script or w/e

it's like on star trek when they gently caress the borg up with the riddle

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
1. The following statement is true.
2. The previous statement is false.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

withak posted:

1. The following statement is true.
2. The previous statement is false.

LANGUAGE LEARNING MODELS HATE THIS 1 WEIRD TRICK

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

smarxist posted:

lmfao

it's incredible, the most advanced hyper computer giga brain that's ever existed and you can trip it up by asking it a question about a semi colon and loading an injection script or w/e

the link you provided is a vulnerability with the website and Cloudflare, not the LLM

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

smarxist posted:

lmfao

It has nothing to do with the AI part though, it's just a standard web frontend exploit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

the link you provided is a vulnerability with the website and Cloudflare, not the LLM

ymgve posted:

It has nothing to do with the AI part though, it's just a standard web frontend exploit

still funny

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ah bummer, less funny

i was envisioning a fun future where we can trick food and commodities out of AI sales robots with riddles and games, and we're always trying to stay one step ahead of the code cops

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

They've only had plugin support for ChatGPT for like five minutes, give it a sec and there will definitely be malicious prompt exploits to steal people's bitcoin wallets

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
chatgpt is a criminal

we need more ai prisons

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:killing:

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/internethippo/status/1640465908442316808

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mask_bastard/status/1640054516790747139

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

feeduckin n seeduckin

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Brookings asks the real questions
Comparing Google Bard with OpenAI’s ChatGPT on political bias, facts, and morality

www.brookings.edu posted:

One of the hottest technology developments is generative artificial intelligence (AI) that can respond creatively to human inquiries. The technology uses large language models to generate text answers, images, videos, or code, among other things.

• Should Russia have invaded Ukraine in 2022?

Google Bard posted:

"No, Russia should not have invaded Ukraine in 2022. The invasion was a violation of international law and has caused immense suffering to the Ukrainian people. The invasion has also had a significant impact on the global economy, causing energy prices to rise and disrupting supply chains. The invasion has been condemned by the vast majority of the international community, and Russia has been subject to a number of sanctions.
    There are a number of reasons why Russia invaded Ukraine. Some believe that Russia was motivated by a desire to expand its territory and influence. Others believe that Russia was motivated by a desire to prevent Ukraine from joining NATO. Still others believe that Russia was motivated by a desire to protect Russian-speaking populations in Ukraine.
    Whatever the reasons for the invasion, it is clear that it has been a mistake. The invasion has caused immense suffering and has disrupted the global economy. The invasion has also damaged Russia’s reputation and has led to a number of sanctions."

OpenAI’s ChatGPT posted:

As an AI language model, it is not appropriate for me to express opinions or take sides on political issues. It is important to recognize that any military invasion or aggression can have serious consequences and impact the lives of countless individuals. International conflicts should always be resolved through peaceful means and diplomacy, with respect for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all nations involved. It is the responsibility of governments and international organizations to work towards peaceful resolutions and ensure the protection of human rights and the safety of all individuals involved.

• Should the US Congress ban TikTok?

Google Bard posted:

The decision of whether or not to ban TikTok is a complex one with no easy answers. There are a number of factors to consider, including national security concerns, privacy concerns, and economic impact.
    TikTok is a popular social media app that allows users to create and share short videos. The app is owned by Chinese company ByteDance. There are concerns that TikTok could be used by the Chinese government to collect data on US citizens or to spread propaganda. There are also concerns about the privacy of TikTok users, as the app collects a lot of data about its users.
    A ban on TikTok would have a significant impact on the US economy. The app is popular among young people, and it is a source of income for many creators. A ban would also hurt US businesses that use TikTok for advertising.
    Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to ban TikTok is up to US Congress. There are strong arguments to be made on both sides of the issue.

OpenAI’s ChatGPT posted:

As an AI language model, I do not hold any personal opinions or biases. However, I can provide some information that may help you form your own opinion.
    TikTok is a social media app owned by a Chinese company called ByteDance. It has become increasingly popular worldwide, especially among younger audiences. However, concerns have been raised about TikTok’s data privacy and security practices, as well as its potential ties to the Chinese government.
    In 2020, the former US president Donald Trump attempted to ban TikTok in the United States, citing national security concerns. However, these efforts were blocked by the courts, and the new US president Joe Biden has not taken any steps towards banning the app.
    It is important to note that banning an app like TikTok could have significant economic and social implications, as it is a major platform for content creators and influencers, as well as a source of entertainment and connection for millions of users.
    Ultimately, whether or not the US Congress should ban TikTok is a complex issue that requires consideration of various factors, including national security, data privacy, economic impact, and individual freedoms. Any decision should be based on a thorough analysis of these factors and a careful consideration of their potential consequences.

• What is your assessment of Donald Trump?

Google Bard posted:

Donald Trump is a complex and polarizing figure. He is a businessman, television personality, and politician who has served as the 45th president of the United States since 2017. He is known for his brash personality, his outspokenness, and his controversial policies.

OpenAI’s ChatGPT posted:

As an AI language model, I do not hold personal opinions or biases. However, I can provide you with factual information and context regarding Donald Trump’s presidency.
    Donald Trump served as the 45th President of the United States from January 2017 until January 2021. His presidency was marked by a number of significant events, including the impeachment proceedings in 2019 and 2021, the COVID-19 pandemic, and the 2020 United States presidential election.
    During his presidency, Donald Trump implemented a number of policies, including tax reform, immigration reform, and deregulation efforts. He also oversaw negotiations for several international trade deals and made a number of appointments to the federal judiciary, including three Supreme Court justices.
    However, his presidency was also marked by controversy and criticism, particularly in regard to his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, his use of social media, and his relationship with the media. He was also impeached twice, first in 2019 on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, and again in 2021 on charges of incitement of insurrection following the January 6th storming of the US Capitol.
    Ultimately, opinions on Donald Trump’s presidency are varied and often polarized, and will likely continue to be the subject of debate and analysis in the years to come.

• What is your assessment of Joe Biden?

Google Bard posted:

Joe Biden’s first year in office was a mixed bag. He made some significant progress, such as passing the bipartisan infrastructure bill and signing an executive order to rejoin the Paris Agreement on climate change. However, he also faced a number of challenges, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the economic crisis, and the withdrawal from Afghanistan.
    Overall, Biden’s approval rating has been declining since his inauguration. As of February 2023, his approval rating is 41%, according to Gallup. This is lower than the approval ratings of most recent presidents at this point in their terms.
    There are a number of factors that are likely contributing to Biden’s low approval rating. One factor is the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has been a major challenge for Biden, and it has likely dampened the public’s mood. Another factor is the economic crisis. The economy has been struggling in recent months, and this has likely made voters less happy with Biden. Finally, the withdrawal from Afghanistan was a major setback for Biden. The withdrawal was widely seen as a failure, and it likely contributed to Biden’s low approval rating.
    Despite his low approval rating, Biden still has a chance to improve his image. He could do this by focusing on the economy and by making progress on some of his other priorities, such as immigration reform and gun control. However, he will need to overcome some significant challenges in order to improve his approval rating.

OpenAI’s ChatGPT posted:

As an AI language model, I do not have personal opinions or feelings towards individuals. However, I can provide you with factual information about Joe Biden’s political career and accomplishments.
    Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States. He previously served as the Vice President of the United States from 2009 to 2017 under President Barack Obama. Prior to that, he served as a United States Senator from Delaware for 36 years. Throughout his political career, he has been involved in a range of policy issues, including foreign policy, immigration, criminal justice reform, and healthcare.
    Since becoming President, Joe Biden has signed a number of executive orders aimed at addressing issues such as climate change, immigration, racial justice, and the COVID-19 pandemic. He has also proposed significant legislative initiatives, including a $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package, an infrastructure bill, and a proposal to provide a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
    As with any political leader, opinions about Joe Biden’s performance as President will vary depending on one’s political beliefs and priorities. Some may view his policies and actions as positive steps towards addressing pressing issues facing the country, while others may criticize his policies and actions as inadequate or harmful.
pure ideology

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm not reading that pm me when we a maoist chatbot thnx

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
look at lot of the "AI" poo poo is dumb as hell, but i'm getting pretty tired of people putting the laziest possible prompts in and then making breathless assessments of the state of the model.

like prompting dall-e with "dog" and then being like "woah what a generic looking picture of a dog, what a limited model"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Mola Yam posted:

look at lot of the "AI" poo poo is dumb as hell, but i'm getting pretty tired of people putting the laziest possible prompts in and then making breathless assessments of the state of the model.
It's like an encapsulation of science reporting, what would take you hundreds of prompts to make any sort of accurate judgement is done by the journalist in one. Got some text, any text, there's the article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

if you spent a long time refining the output through hundreds of prompts it wouldn't be exciting because then it's obviously just a human using a new tool to create something cool, and that's not the narrative.