Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
If Kang was a different actor in each movie, that'd be dope. We get to guess who he is every time.

Let Rian Johnson write them, and make sure Natasha Lyonne has a cameo in each one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

If Kang was a different actor in each movie, that'd be dope. We get to guess who he is every time.

Let Rian Johnson write them, and make sure Natasha Lyonne has a cameo plays Kang in each at least one.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

But that would get in the way of making more Poker Face, hard pass.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Let Rian Johnson write them, and make sure Natasha Lyonne has a cameo in each one.

veering dangerously close to my Ant-man vs Benoit Blanc fanfic

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

🎵 Kang and Abed in the mooooorning. 🎶

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Nothing too major, but Vincent D'Onofrio confirmed that there is already work being done on Daredevil Born Again season 2 and that Born Again seasons 1 and 2 will have a major payoff that plays into the bigger MCU. He also confirmed that Echo and Daredevil will be linked and Born Again will be set immediately after the ending of Echo.

https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-born-again-season-2/

The rumor is the "major impact" is that Fisk's arc in Born Again results in him being elected Mayor of NYC on a campaign of ending vigilante justice and he will be targeting Echo, Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Kate Bishop as vigilantes in various MCU properties. He is supposedly going to act as the connecting tissue between the "street level" projects and organize other villains to stop vigilantes in NYC.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Buckle up - you gotta watch it all! MAJOR STORY LINES

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So we're not seeing daredevil until like 2025 then? Wasn't echo pushed to next year at the earliest?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

They should get Ke Huy Quan to play Kang.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Disney putting together a TV only crossover like Netflix did with the Defenders could be cool. Just keep the stakes low enough and don't try to force a connection to the movies.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Azhais posted:

So we're not seeing daredevil until like 2025 then? Wasn't echo pushed to next year at the earliest?

There's rumors that it could air at the end of the year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hell yeah, we need Fisk in a Kingpin style position for the street level guys.

In other good news Renner is up and walking via support
https://twitter.com/JeremyRenner/status/1640057680273473536

Like obviously he's not gonna be running any marathons, but it's good to see :unsmith:

live with fruit posted:

There's rumors that it could air at the end of the year.

Oh my sweet summer child, there are like 4-5 shows in front of it.

I very much doubt we're seeing it this year.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Oh my sweet summer child, there are like 4-5 shows in front of it.

I very much doubt we're seeing it this year.

The idea is that Secret Invasion and Loki are for sure airing this year and that Echo might air towards the end.

Especially if Echo leads directly into Daredevil and that comes out in early 2024, they kind of have to get the show on the road.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

live with fruit posted:

The idea is that Secret Invasion and Loki are for sure airing this year and that Echo might air towards the end.

Yeah I could imagine Agatha and Ironheart getting shuffled to the back of the queue. What If can come out whenever.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

stev posted:

Yeah I could imagine Agatha and Ironheart getting shuffled to the back of the queue. What If can come out whenever.

I assume Echo will have a lot less VFX than those other shows as well so it'd be easier to get it out first.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

More D'Onofrio is always good.
Sounds great

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Infinitum posted:

Hell yeah, we need Fisk in a Kingpin style position for the street level guys.

In other good news Renner is up and walking via support
https://twitter.com/JeremyRenner/status/1640057680273473536

Like obviously he's not gonna be running any marathons, but it's good to see :unsmith:

His revovery is extremely impressive, especially since the accident happened just a few months ago.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oasx posted:

His revovery is extremely impressive, especially since the accident happened just a few months ago.

I mean dudes rich and has rich friends, not that I'm having a sledge here, so I can well imagine he's getting top of the line everything.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Nothing too major, but Vincent D'Onofrio confirmed that there is already work being done on Daredevil Born Again season 2 and that Born Again seasons 1 and 2 will have a major payoff that plays into the bigger MCU. He also confirmed that Echo and Daredevil will be linked and Born Again will be set immediately after the ending of Echo.

https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-born-again-season-2/

The rumor is the "major impact" is that Fisk's arc in Born Again results in him being elected Mayor of NYC on a campaign of ending vigilante justice and he will be targeting Echo, Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Kate Bishop as vigilantes in various MCU properties. He is supposedly going to act as the connecting tissue between the "street level" projects and organize other villains to stop vigilantes in NYC.
SOLD! He's so loving outstanding as Kingpin. I really, really didn't like him at first, and thought the voice he was doing felt very unnatural and doing-a-bit, but after an episode or two, he brought me around in a big way.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

live with fruit posted:

I assume Echo will have a lot less VFX than those other shows as well so it'd be easier to get it out first.

Is it confirmed that the delay is VFX related? I would have assumed it's because people are getting superhero fatigue

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

SOLD! He's so loving outstanding as Kingpin. I really, really didn't like him at first, and thought the voice he was doing felt very unnatural and doing-a-bit, but after an episode or two, he brought me around in a big way.

The Samaritan speech is one of the all time greatest villain monologues ever recorded.

Dude was made for the role.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

kazil posted:

Is it confirmed that the delay is VFX related? I would have assumed it's because people are getting superhero fatigue

I'm just saying that if you have Echo, Agatha and Ironheart all in whatever stages of filmed, Echo's probably the one that needs the less time. And it has been rumored that The Marvels was delayed specifically to have more time to work on the VFX.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Marvel just fired its head of VFX so there's that too :v:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

kazil posted:

The D+ shows being delayed is not directly VFX related, but it is part of it.

They have several of them "finished," but have chosen to hold them back for multiple reasons:

- To have longer post-production times and VFX timelines.

- They are trying to ration out the MCU content over time with fewer releases per year.

- They are changing their scheduling around to treat D+ shows as pseudo-movies in terms of scheduling (meaning no other D+ shows or MCU movies should be released within 1-2 months of a D+ show being released).

They removed the released dates for every single D+ show about a week ago. Secret Invasion and Loki S2 are the only shows confirmed to release in 2023 as of right now. The rest have all been pushed back for 6+ months without firm release dates.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Infinitum posted:

The Samaritan speech is one of the all time greatest villain monologues ever recorded.

Dude was made for the role.

No, Mr. Urich.... I am here to kill you.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don't know anything about this so I'll just ask, why was Disney trying to stiff Howard? I mean other than corporations gonna corporate, was there something else to it?

Disney wasn't involved with Howard.

Don Cheadle was hired to replace Terrence Howard in October 2008.

Disney didn’t buy Marvel until August 2009.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Terrance Howard wanted $10 million to be in Iron Man 2 and wanted to be paid the same as RDJ. Marvel said, "No. You're getting paid as a supporting actor and not a lead." Howard blamed RDJ for using his new star power to get paid more (and that the extra money RDJ was being paid should have gone to Howard) and then he walked away because Marvel said that he had to sign on for multiple movies and they weren't going to pay him the same as RDJ.

quote:

It turns out that the person I helped become Iron Man ... when it was time to re-up for the second one, (he) took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The idea that anyone saw Iron Man 1 for Terrence Howard as Rhodey is unbelievable

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Isn't Howard also a notorious pain in the rear end to work with? Even beyond his "Multiplication is a lie fabricated by the woke Babylonian mob" stuff?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Cheadle said in an interview that Marvel makes it very difficult to leave and the implication seemed to be that they drive a dump truck full of money to their houses so it's funny that they dumped Howard to save money.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Best I can remember about Howard is that he is an insane wife beater who believes he discovered a new version of math.

I think he said he proved that 1x1=2

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

Disney putting together a TV only crossover like Netflix did with the Defenders could be cool. Just keep the stakes low enough and don't try to force a connection to the movies.

I mean we saw how that worked the first time though...

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Sandwolf posted:

The idea that anyone saw Iron Man 1 for Terrence Howard as Rhodey is unbelievable

I don't think that either. It was probably more of a "With Howard in it, maybe some Black people will watch it so it won't be a total failure if RDjr injects crack into his own eyeballs and then shits his pants on camera."

I thought Howard did okay but I never bought his Rhodey and Stark as being friends. Rhodey came off more as a more irritated, aggressive version of Jonah Hill's character trying to get Stark "to the Greek." I was more willing to buy Cheadle as Tony's friend. Plus I've been a pretty big Don Cheadle fan since he played DA John Littleton in Picket Fences back in 1993.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

kazil posted:

I don't think it is actually a TV crossover event. The rumor is just that Kingpin becomes Mayor of NYC and becomes an overarching villain in the "street level" stories (Echo, Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Hawkeye/Kate Bishop). Not that Spider-Man, Daredevil, Echo, and Kate Bishop/Hawkeye were all crossing over with each other.

Kingpin and his crusade against vigilante justice as Mayor would just be the catalyst for why Scorpion is going after Spider-Man or Bullseye after Daredevil, etc.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

It’s gonna take twenty years of these movies for the MCU to actually sort of resemble the world of Marvel comics, but frankly I’d prefer the “street-level” connections to all the universe-ending stuff. They don’t need another Thanos — they just need to tell some decent stories in a lived-in world.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

MokBa posted:

It’s gonna take twenty years of these movies for the MCU to actually sort of resemble the world of Marvel comics, but frankly I’d prefer the “street-level” connections to all the universe-ending stuff. They don’t need another Thanos — they just need to tell some decent stories in a lived-in world.

That's pretty much the appeal of Andor. No Jedi, no Sith, no Force, no space battles, just good ol' fashioned street-level fash-bashing.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

MokBa posted:

I hear you, but

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

ApeHawk posted:

That's pretty much the appeal of Andor. No Jedi, no Sith, no Force, no space battles, just good ol' fashioned street-level fash-bashing.

Ha yeah that’s why it’s the best piece of Star Wars media since literally Empire Strikes Back. I was going to say more but I am so very tired of literally every thread becoming a Star Wars thread every few pages.

Rappaport posted:

I hear you, but

Well of course — it won’t really feel like the Marvel universe until DOOM is present.

Say what you will about the MCU (and there’s a lot of negative poo poo to say), at least we finally have comic book media that isn’t afraid to depict all the comic book goofiness. Doom can run around in his mask and a cape played by an A-list actor doing a goofy voice instead of just being a regular white guy in a suit and tie played by the dude from Nip/Tuck. GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT, DISNEY. THE PEOPLE WANT DOOOOM.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man a street level spider-man movie is what I want right now. I don't think I remember Fisk ever becoming mayor, didn't JJJ get elected though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Man a street level spider-man movie is what I want right now. I don't think I remember Fisk ever becoming mayor, didn't JJJ get elected though?

Fisk was mayor in the recent Devil's Reign event.