Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Something I've always been curious about but never bothered to look up. Are pinnacle reward levels calculated on the gear you've equipped or everything in your collection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Equipped and in vault/inventory. However apparently it now no longer looks at other characters so you need to throw poo poo in your vault if you're on an alt.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

neutral milf hotel posted:

Something I've always been curious about but never bothered to look up. Are pinnacle reward levels calculated on the gear you've equipped or everything in your collection?

Used to be everything equipped, in your vault, postmaster or even another character.

HOWEVER! It seems the loadout feature broke the 'other character' part of that. So the best option now is to keep your highest level things in your vault. That way, all characters can 'make use' of them without you having to remember to switch them around.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

neutral milf hotel posted:

It's supposed to be everything in your collection, including postmaster, except for engrams.

There was a bug earlier in the season where stuff on another character didn't count but I think it may have been fixed. In any case you will be perfectly fine having the highest level item in your vault.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

It was like that for a few seasons, but the boost thing you saw was probably just the IB boost stuff that tells you how much rep boost you're getting from armor/emblem/challenge.

As a side note, like a dummy it took me like 10 games to realize I could just create a loadout where I had some IB ornaments applied to my gear and then I wouldn't need to worry about carrying spare IB armor around or need to use some badly stated/non upgraded IB armor. (You can also stick an IB ornament onto an IB armor and it counts for double for whatever reason)

oh god dammit

well at least I know as I grind out my last matches today to get a reset, thanks!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

anything particularly spicy in the IB lootpool rn? I got a voltshot gunnora last season I'm very happy with, dunno if I wanna go for anything else currently available

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

arsenicCatnip posted:

anything particularly spicy in the IB lootpool rn? I got a voltshot gunnora last season I'm very happy with, dunno if I wanna go for anything else currently available

Hero's burden can roll volatile rounds, so maybe that will be good to have for after this season, but I dunno how good it is overall though.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Hobnob posted:

Didn't this first IB get shifted by a week for some reason? The matching seasonal challenge was in last week's block.

Also can someone remind me what LL I need to be to see the weekly pinnacle challenges (i.e. the vanguard/crucible/gambit ones on the director). Is it the soft-cap at 1750? I was going to run IB on my alts to try to complete their armour sets but I haven't leveled them and the IB pinnacles were not showing at all.

Ya it’s 1750. That’s when all the pinnacle’s popped up on the director for my titan.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Got through 16 levels of IB before discovering that apparently power levels actually matter? Thinking about how many matches I put on some 1600 guns just for fun and, oof.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bleck posted:

Got through 16 levels of IB before discovering that apparently power levels actually matter?

they do not, the only pvp that power levels matter for is trials, any source that claims otherwise is outdated

(this very well may include in-game sources because Tooltip Guy is an absolute loving menace)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

You sure it does? The node says no power advantages.

I think Trials is the only PVP place where it matters, because Trials is very dumb.

e: beaten

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Power levels haven't mattered in IB for a few seasons.

Fun new random rolls of Banner guns are Hero's Burden with destabilizing rounds for PvE and Wizened Rebuke with offhand strike for pvp

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Okay, that's a relief. For reference, where I learned this was on Bungie's site, lol.

I do want to do Trials if only because the mummy bird warlock armor looks very cool, but I've basically been playing this game by myself - the folks that originally got me into the game were people that weren't really interested in it from the same point of view that I was, and they eventually dropped off for one reason or another. Might have to take the plunge and start playing with goons soon, if they'd have me.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I enjoy the auto rifle from ib. Small potential I'm wrong to do so.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cheap Trick posted:

Supposedly Bungie changed text chat to be opt-out in order to foster positive communication. But the only communication I've received is from a tryhard fool in Iron Banner who was raging about our team losing.

Bro, some of us struggle to even reach the heady heights of 1.00 K/D

I just wish they’d add a clear chat button so I don’t have to look at a random LFGer wishing me GG on every orbit and fly-in screen until I restart the game

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Oxyclean posted:

Hero's burden can roll volatile rounds, so maybe that will be good to have for after this season, but I dunno how good it is overall though.

ooh, I've been looking for a good gun with that perk since I saw it. Only seen it on the sword and new glaive so an SMG with it sounds perfect

haveblue posted:

I just wish they’d add a clear chat button so I don’t have to look at a random LFGer wishing me GG on every orbit and fly-in screen until I restart the game

the random LFGer who wished me GG is the only thing that keeps me goin...

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

As i recently went above 1 k/d for iron banana, here are my protips:

1) Don't run in alone.
2) Let your teammates go first.

If your teammates are "not-stupid" you should be able to roll as a congealed group and win. If your teammates are "stupid" just stay with them and take the loss. At least you'll learn the map flow and not go 3-26. This game will match you against 6 hunters flippin and beboppin invisible every now and then...just laugh and emote with them.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

arsenicCatnip posted:

ooh, I've been looking for a good gun with that perk since I saw it. Only seen it on the sword and new glaive so an SMG with it sounds perfect

First primary to get it I think. I've been using it with Gyrfalcons. It's a bit overkill/redundant, but it's yet another way to get the invis/volatile train going if you somehow find yourself with everything else on cool down.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

In a similar vein, I wish the chat would never say I or anyone else entered voice channels when I've got that poo poo turned off. I don't want more useless poo poo cluttering up the already cluttered dumpster fire that is d2 UI anything. Can't make the buffs/debuffs all show up but BY GOD I DEF NEEDED TO KNOW THAT CODBLOPS_M4AZT3R.ttv has entered the channel

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

You can just disable chat entirely and it will never pop up.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

My UI wish is that I wish there was a repository of what all buffs and debuffs do.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

arsenicCatnip posted:

Not Iron Banner specifically, but IB and regular PVP will absolutely shower you with Autumn Wind drops this season. Its the new Crucible rapid fire pulse, and its pretty good with the right roll.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Junkenstein posted:

Used to be everything equipped, in your vault, postmaster or even another character.

HOWEVER! It seems the loadout feature broke the 'other character' part of that. So the best option now is to keep your highest level things in your vault. That way, all characters can 'make use' of them without you having to remember to switch them around.

Hackan Slash posted:

It's supposed to be everything in your collection, including postmaster, except for engrams.

There was a bug earlier in the season where stuff on another character didn't count but I think it may have been fixed. In any case you will be perfectly fine having the highest level item in your vault.

Oh that's so good to know. All this time I was upping my LL to get the best pinnacle numbers :argh:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Oxyclean posted:

You can just disable chat entirely and it will never pop up.

Then it's bugged because I have had that poo poo disabled forever. Lol, I shouldn't be surprised.

E: And yes, I've enabled/disabled it before just to check. It's been this way the whole drat time, I gave up trying to fix it on my end months ago, it's irritating af.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bleck posted:

My UI wish is that I wish there was a repository of what all buffs and debuffs do.

it's not in-game but there is this

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Any disadvantage to using the auto fire accessibility option? I know red orchestra 2 rewarded manual bolting by allowing you to do it faster but I imagine destiny and the virtue of it being an accessibility option doesn't give a poo poo.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Cheap Trick posted:

Supposedly Bungie changed text chat to be opt-out in order to foster positive communication. But the only communication I've received is from a tryhard fool in Iron Banner who was raging about our team losing.

Bro, some of us struggle to even reach the heady heights of 1.00 K/D

AFAIK they walked back that change. Was quietly edited out from the post that announced it.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I got my wolf-hood and three catalysts (Whisper, Suros Regime and Arbalest) all before my first rank reset. Not bad, not bad.

I'd forgotten that IB is a great way to boost power level due to all the pinnacles they throw at you.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Any disadvantage to using the auto fire accessibility option? I know red orchestra 2 rewarded manual bolting by allowing you to do it faster but I imagine destiny and the virtue of it being an accessibility option doesn't give a poo poo.

Nope, it's straight up better than not having it on.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Panderfringe posted:

Nope, it's straight up better than not having it on.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the only time it could possibly be considered a drawback is accidentally shooting vigilance wing's very long burst twice, but that was something that the catalyst also did and it's easy to get used to after a bit of practice. otherwise no, there's no reason to not use it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How does it work with hand cannons? I thought with those the maximum allowed ROF hurt your accuracy and you had to pace them a bit lower

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

haveblue posted:

How does it work with hand cannons? I thought with those the maximum allowed ROF hurt your accuracy and you had to pace them a bit lower

Holding down the button/trigger does throw off your aim for precision weapons, but if you just tap it for each shot, it works the same as usual.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

There's some fast firing pulse and sidearms I've found to feel a little awkward with the auto-fire setting because it can be tricky to only get one shot off / too easy to fire more then you might want to.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The solution to every problem in this game is more bullet and the auto fire setting helps with that

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The solution to every problem in this game is more bullet

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The solution to every problem in this game is more bullet and the auto fire setting helps with that

the fighting lion does not shoot bullets, though :confused:

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

*sad hammer noises*

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Between last week's trails and iron banner, I took the suros catalyst from 0 to complete. Turns out, pretty good gun! I have absolutely no idea how to use the "speed up as you hold fire" perk, the other one feels so much better, even after the recoil boost from the catalyst. Not that I've spent much time with it since, because my broken rear end brain says "you cant level this up any more, don't bother using it!" and instead I've been trying to figure out how to use the multitool, with absolutely no luck. Fwiw, Jade rabbit just felt right to me, but I don't really get the ranges or spots to be in to do well with Mida at all.

Also, despite really just having it equipped to passively level it while grinding out suros, that crafted seasonal fusion is pretty good in crucible once you get some range on it (and of course, the best-choice-on-basically-every-fusion-rifle Arrowhead Break). I put threat detector and successful warm up on it since Ive been pretty much only doing pvp, fully intending to eventually swap it to reservoir burst and envious assassin for pve bullshit, but it's been working so well I might just leave it as is. Really absurd you can't put multiple perks on a crafted gun, or even get a discount for perks a gun has had before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

PathAsc posted:

In a similar vein, I wish the chat would never say I or anyone else entered voice channels when I've got that poo poo turned off. I don't want more useless poo poo cluttering up the already cluttered dumpster fire that is d2 UI anything. Can't make the buffs/debuffs all show up but BY GOD I DEF NEEDED TO KNOW THAT CODBLOPS_M4AZT3R.ttv has entered the channel

Just turn off joining team chat by default. The only good chat channel is fireteam chat, and it's only useful for putting raid callouts in chat.