Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

From what I understand from SAD posters rape jokes are ok if your name is Larry? Strange loophole but I don’t make the rules.

Derpies did a years long sexual harassment campaign against somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

rodbeard posted:

Derpies did a years long sexual harassment campaign against somebody.

If this is true, Derpies should be un-banned and forced to stand trial in SAD like a corpse synod. Derpies was mostly a GBS poster so this falls squarely within the bounds of the GBS feedback thread.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Last I checked Derpies was still permabanned so maybe move on and go outside or something

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Smugworth posted:

Last I checked Derpies was still permabanned so maybe move on and go outside or something

:agreed:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah I wasn't trying to relitigate anything I just saw someone make the derpies comparison and wanted to make sure they understood because the worst of it happened off site

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Bad Purchase posted:

e: ^ but the topic was brought up in this thread before the probes

i don't think calling something aids or cancer or canceraids or whatever is offensive, but it is dated at this point. that lingo had its time. i wouldn't say anyone deserves a probe for it but you'll lose posting cred for sure.

Does posting cred really have that much value anymore.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Taerkar posted:

it's all that matters

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Taerkar posted:

it never did

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

MrQwerty posted:

Are you just throwing around serious accusations or what

I'm not. But I DO know for a fact that Nooner is Derpies personal hero, for some reason.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Still tuggin after all these years

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

rodbeard posted:

Yeah I wasn't trying to relitigate anything I just saw someone make the derpies comparison and wanted to make sure they understood because the worst of it happened off site

shut tha gently caress up

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think we should slowly ban prolific GBS posters until all Derpies alts are eliminated

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Smugworth posted:

can't go outside, maybe i'll bump into derpies :tinfoil:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Wait was derpies a granos rereg the whole time??? :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

OK so if I'm actually being sincere, I really do appreciate that this thread exists, but as others have said GBS is pretty much fine. GBS' purpose is for a wide variety of jokes and topics to thrown around liberally, and its mechanics and policies support that goal.

Megathread culture is kind of a nuisance, but not actually a problem... The slurs are largely under control... Pretty much every large main/sub would benefit from being more stringent about policing misogyny/transphobia...

Maybe visibility into who buys avs/red text would help dissuade abuse of those purchases, but that's more of a technical forum issue.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Thanks for the feedback!

Part of this is based on the SAD recommendation of larger forums having feedback threads, and it's one I agree with. I think if there's an open channel, we can deal with issues quicker than someone wondering if there's a mod around and PMing them with no response. Y'all can keep us honest here :)

I mean I'm glad it's going great! Always looking for ways to improve

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The hardest feedback to get from people is that things are fine. It's the same issue with ratings for businesses and products. Most people are not going to give a review when their experience was "got thing, left, no hassle".

Even with open feedback threads you're still going to have issues getting a representative sample, even moreso when its a thread started by someone with an axe to grind.

So my overall feedback is the dreaded "Meets Expectations". GBS does what it says on the tin, enjoy your 3 out of 5 rating of "Was fine I guess".

If you want better I need to see some perks. Samples between the threads, discounts in other subs, complementary warm wristrests.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My earnest feedback is to bring back the CYOAs that were banished to a trad games subforum, bring back the low effort but funny MSPaint threads, and the very occasional photoshop threads are getting stickied at least, so good job there.

I guess the answer to me is to :justpost: one of those threads but I don't have the creativity for any of that.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Huh, I didn’t know that. While I admit it kinda fits, no way in hell would I have searched for them there.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Space Kablooey posted:

bring back the low effort but funny MSPaint threads,

hell yeah, sometimes a photoshop is too much effort for me but i would do a lot of ms paints i reckon.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I used to like the cyoa mspaint art threads a lot, long live death copter, dropsy, mola yam, etc. No idea they got banished to the nether realms!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
This is random but should we get rid of gently caress You And Dine or try to use it cause there's some duplicate threads between there and gbs and the last time I accidentally clicked on it there were 2 users browsing

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dixville posted:

This is random but should we get rid of gently caress You And Dine or try to use it cause there's some duplicate threads between there and gbs and the last time I accidentally clicked on it there were 2 users browsing

First time I'm hearing about this subforum

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dixville posted:

People are scared of posting in there.

Don't be scurred

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

People are scared of posting in there.

Don't be scurred

I ain't afraid of no post

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More than once I’ve accidentally thought it was FYAD

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Dixville posted:

Nah it's fine - not a terribly active subforum but it's still nice to talk to fellow fast foodies :)

If there's dupes I don't necessarily see an issue with it

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Sounds good i just forget it is there most of the time but that's a me problem

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Imma lose my poo poo about this subforum

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

Imma lose my poo poo about this subforum

Hey are you a mod of pellet palace yet
Do they even have mods
What if they're just posting wild sh*t in there

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Nah it's fine - not a terribly active subforum but it's still nice to talk to fellow fast foodies :)

If there's dupes I don't necessarily see an issue with it

Counterpoint:

If it was folded back into GBS it just makes GBS a little bit busier and everyone likes food

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

if GBS isn't entirely populated by fat people (and it isn't), it is at least populated by people that enjoy posting fatly about food

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I like the bright redness and the burger icons that pop up so if I remember the next time I'm thinking about that taco bell I'll check it out.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I quite frequently posted in the fast food subforum to begin with but there's only so much you can say about Greggs and i'm more or less threadbanned from the UK chat thread

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

greggs is poo poo tbh

we've got good and still cheap regional bakeries in my county tho

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dell_Zincht posted:

i'm more or less threadbanned from the UK chat thread

What did you say about Gregg's ffs

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

greggs is poo poo tbh

we've got good and still cheap regional bakeries in my county tho

Up here in the North East it's Cooplands or Morgans, but there are 12 Greggs within a 5 mile radius of where I live so it's often just easier to go to one of those

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Dell_Zincht posted:

Up here in the North East it's Cooplands or Morgans, but there are 12 Greggs within a 5 mile radius of where I live so it's often just easier to go to one of those

i'm in fife so even northernerer. there two greggs in my town but one's on the dead highstreet, and one's in a retail park. so i'm actually closer to the good local ones like Baynes and Stephens.

we lost a couple of great ones in the last five or so years though and i suspect greggs is at least partially to blame for why i can no longer get my little sponge cakes shaped like a racecar with marzipan wheels.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

What did you say about Gregg's ffs

Ask Solefald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I actually don't mind the pasties at Greggs