Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

My experience: 20+ years of experience in linux/automation/devops/aws
What I'm looking for: Lead/Staff Engineer. I currently manage a team of 4 engineers and I enjoy the management side of things but I still want to maintain some level of being hands on.
What I'm NOT looking for: contract work, anything customer facing
Where I live: Baltimore MD
Where I'm looking: Remote
When I can I start: now
Requirements: 200k
Can be reached via: PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Fool posted:

Still actively hiring, here's the orgs main indeed page: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/H&R-Block/jobs

Here's a couple remote sre positions:

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/H&R-Block/jobs?q=remote+sre&l=#cmp-skip-header-mobile

Here's a bunch of other remote positions from O365 admin to software engineer:

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/H&R-Block/jobs?q=remote+infrastructure+&l=#cmp-skip-header-mobile

My team works directly with the SRE's and any goon getting one of those positions would be actively making my life easier.

I have PM's, so feel free to message with any questions.

Any idea what the compensation range for the ED Architect role is? I'm a principal consultant at a NoSQL database company, so it's basically what I do all day (Although I don't touch a ton of Azure at the moment).

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

No idea about the specific position, but I can tell you that as a senior engineer my cash comp ( salary + bonus ) was $160k

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
My Experience: A Decade of GIS Fieldwork, several years of frontline support and service at an Apple Store, some other stuff. More importantly...
My Education: A Bachelors in Computer Programming and Information Systems (emphasis on the second half) that I went back to school for starting in 2020, and will be finishing in May.
Where I Live: Long Island, NY
Where I'm Looking: Basically anywhere. If the position is local or remote, I can start in January, otherwise, I have few ties here and can move nearly anywhere in May/June.
When Can I Start: January or May depending on job location/ hours flexibility. My final semester is only 2 courses.

What I'm Looking For: Entry level computer touching; generalist networking, helpdesk (not customer facing), or operations side IT is ideal. I can program some, but am not really looking for software dev roles. I vastly prefer configuring things or troubleshooting and fixing things to building things. I really am looking for a role where I can learn a lot more than anything specific.
Requirements: No short term contracts.

My coursework has been heavy on networking, windows administration, SQL/Database work, and project management/systems design, with a few courses touching ERP and Virtualizaiton/Cloud stuff. I also have a pretty extensive personal experience working with Mac stuff.

Also, open to any internship/co-op opportunities for Jan-May if you've got 'em.

I have PM's, or you can email 8nlzxtiw@duck.com

nuckingfuts
Apr 21, 2003

nuckingfuts fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 10, 2023

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
My experience: 10 years as a pharmacy tech, (2 years of healthcare computer janitoring, + 2 years as an healthcare Applications Analyst + 1 year as the primary SharePoint Admin in a 4,000 employee shop (all within same company)) -- lot of experience with SharePoint, Power Automate/Power Automate Desktop; built whole departmental workflows from the ground up within FreshService, solid REST API experience, tons of experience in AAD (reorganized AD, automated onboarding based on job title for non-IT roles) and on-prem AD. I can talk to end users about technical stuff in a way that doesn't make them feel less than or stupid. Admin'd SAP Concur, DocuSign, Envi, RightFax, Sage 100, Prophix and other apps. Built RPAs for each of those in varying degrees with quantifiable and honest tracking. My RPAs have saved almost 3x my salary in time savings in the past 12 months. Travelled to clinics across country every few months to study their processes and provide feedback/build automation
What I'm NOT looking for: Service Desk or people management
What I'm looking for: RPA/low code automation work/process improvement (being under someone who can teach or show different ways of thinking or approaching problems is a massive plus as well)
Where I live: Fort Myers, FL
When I can I start: I'd prefer 4 weeks to give my team some time to try and find someone else; they're good dudes.
Requirements: Full-Time, no contract work -- Remote or local to Fort Myers preferred. OK with travel on a ~monthly basis, but not looking to move.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 18, 2022

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

My experience: CS degree, 10 years in various IT roles - primarily Linux System Administration/Infrastructure and Software Engineering for large enterprise as well as higher education. Linux heavy, lot of devops, docker, Ansible type stuff in the last few years. Recently done a lot of Go development.
What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk, entry level roles
What I'm looking for: Pretty flexible, would be happy to get into a traditional Linux Sysadmin role again, or something more cloud-touching. Also open to SE jobs using Go, Python or Kotlin.
Where I live: Richmond, VA
Where I'm looking: Remote or Richmond, VA
When I can I start: Immediately
Requirements: Full-Time
Can be reached via: PM or behest_dirk_0z@icloud.com

Left my last employer amicably to spend a few months traveling and now I'm looking to get back into a full time role.

e: no longer looking, got a cool gig.

Jato fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 14, 2022

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
My experience: 14 years doing mostly LAMP stack development, some JS and Python as well. Currently also in charge of all our AWS infrastructure.
What I'm NOT looking for: Frontend dev, early stage startups
What I'm looking for: Really anything that's the least bit interesting. I could be happy focusing more on development, or more on DevOps type work, or continuing with a mix like I currently have.
Where I live: Chicago
When I can I start: After a couple weeks notice

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

A couple of interesting jobs are posted where I work and I thought someone might be interested

AWS Security Engineer, Senior (REMOTE) https://www.usaajobs.com/job/san-antonio/aws-security-engineer-senior-remote/1207/41422726240

Technical Architect-Cybersecurity-Staff Level (Remote) https://www.usaajobs.com/job/san-antonio/technical-architect-cybersecurity-staff-level-remote/1207/41195778512

We're pretty much always hiring for various IT and software engineering positions.

A couple notes:

If the job does not say remote, remote work is not available for the position. Not my decision, don't yell at me

Salary ranges are posted in the job description. The range is large, but I wouldn't expect to come in above the midpoint. Salary range is base cash, you can look at the benefit website for total comp info, benefit details are fully public.

If you want a referral PM me an email address and your first and last name and the job you're interested in. I'll submit it through our employee referral system. If you don't want one just apply through the website.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

e2: hired a goon

kensei fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 5, 2023

redi
Mar 29, 2016
My experience: 4 years of large enterprise networking (LAN/WAN). 2 years Security Analyst, ending with senior level work. 3 years of Detection Engineering and Threat Hunting, mainly using Splunk (~30TB/day of logs)
What I'm NOT looking for: SOC Analyst work.
What I'm looking for: Full Remote, Purple Team or Detection Engineering. Mature program or an agile program with good management.
Where I live: Charleston, SC
Where I'm looking: Remote or a Northern East Coast city.
When I can I start: One month.
Requirements: Full-Time
Can be reached via: triffee@mailbox.org

Ready to move on and ideally work somewhere a bit more agile and with better support. Please feel free to contact me for more details :)

redi fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Dec 24, 2022

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I'm posting here as well for a bit of visibility, but I'm looking for someone to do some (hopefully) quick contract work. I'm needing a 2012 TS server upgraded to 2016 RDS, and I'm running out of time and am still hitting hurdles since I'm learning as I go.

Skills needed (all Server 2016):
- RDS single server set up (for now)
- Hyper V/setting up servers and what not
- standard server stuff.

PM me or email me your rates (jmruss10@gmail.com), and I'll take a look. Once we come to an agreement, I will give you a username and password that will have access to the server. You'll have to deal with the hardware I have, but it is what it is.

Billing will be done through the clinic itself and I'll go over that in private.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So as of an hour ago I found out my entire team is getting the axe at the end of Feb. (loving contract work)

So I am definitely in the market to hopefully find better stable employment.

Current Work : IT Help Desk working full remote

My experience: Six years managerial customer service, along with 1 yr 9 months of tech based IT support, providing security clearances, working with Amazon Service Now, Azure, Windows 10, some iOS work.
Education: Associate Degree in Digital Forensic Analysis and Associate Degree in Cybersecurity Analysis, currently studying for some of the relevant CompTIA certs (Network, Security)
What I'm NOT looking for: Any more customer support stuff ideally
What I'm looking for: Working in a virtual environment either doing Digital Forensics Analysis, or Remote Cybersecurity Analysis, honestly something in IT that can pay $20 (USD) or more
Where I live: McAllen, Tx
Where I'm looking: Remote, I can't move as my fiancée just started post grad work and also works for our county in an actual office.
When I can I start: One month or sooner if need be.
Can be reached via: via PM or Garcia.ddg01@gmail.com

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
My company is looking for a mobile app developer with experience coding for bluetooth hardware. We've tried two other sources, but one was a nonstarter and the other is a firm in India that oversold their abilities and can't really create the app we need.

Since our device is a yet-to-be-released medical device I can't be very specific about it until NDAs are signed.

What we need:

A simple mobile app deployed for both Android and ios. Our hardware device is a NRF-series chip that broadcasts a Kilogram value over bluetooth using the BLE service and UART. We would also like to have the ability to do OTA firmware updates on our device using the DFU function in the Nordic chip.

We mainly need the ability to display that Kg value, and also zero it out like the tare function in a digital scale. And we also need it to look flashy and nice bc we'll be using this to do demos to potential investors.

We also have some other far reaching ideas for later deployment; things like maybe a server-side algorithm that calculates a certain number based on user prompts. Even if we could just mock that up for now it would be great.

My thinking is that this project would be a one time chuck of money, plus whatever per diem would be required for updates UI tweaks etc. This would for sure be a side gig and not really a full time thing but it could evolve into it.

As you can tell, I have no idea what I'm doing with regard to this app project. I did the design work and the original Arduino proof of concepts. I know just about enough to have a conversation about it. Feel free to PM me with questions or for specific info.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

My experience: 5 years of level 2/3 support, 1 of Technical Account Management; CCNA certification
What I'm looking for: Any non-entry-level
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level, helpdesk
Where I live: Boston/Providence corridor.
Where I'm looking: Will take anything remote or reachable via T/RIPTA, remote preferred.
When I can I start: Two weeks after offer.
Requirements: At least $80k salary, remote, full-time.

Neito fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 1, 2023

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Figure I'll post here and put out some feelers. I feel kind of stuck in a rut in my current job and the local IT market isn't in a good place at the moment. I've honestly been considering moving already as-is, doubly so if it's to any of the big cities in the neighboring states though at this point I'm not super picky.

My experience: 10 years help desk, mostly at tier 2/3, 1 year Jr. Sysadmin. 4+ years managing Cisco phones (including uccx) , Cisco switches / routers / Meraki
What I'm looking for: More sysadmin or helpdesk supervisor. Public sector or nonprofit a big plus.
What I'm NOT looking for: MSP, sales, contract work
Where I live: Wichita, Ks
Where I'm looking: local or remote. Willing to travel up to 33%. Willing to move if relocation assistance is offered
When I can I start: 1 month
Requirements: ideally $70k+ cost of living if relocating. Full time.
To contact me: PMs on the forums or discord - DJ FootFingers#3157

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 1, 2023

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

johnny park fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 5, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Looking at my last post in here makes me want to cry a single tear of joy. I hadn't even answered my last tech support call yet. It looks like a little kid's letter to Santa Claus. :unsmith:

My experience: I have 8+ years of QA engineering experience, including front end automated testing in TestCafe, Cypress, and Selenium (in descending order of expertise), manual functional API testing of GraphQL & direct SQL queries, test planning, and technical documentation for QA/development/product management teams. I've worked with Python and Ruby on Rails apps, and I've done mobile QA for iPhone & Android.

What I'm looking for: Senior QA engineering positions with automation responsibilities. I am open to (if overqualified for) more junior positions, but my last job was as a senior QA engineer, and I would very much like to keep that momentum going.
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything involving customer service, tech support, call center support, etc. Anything with unpaid overtime and/or on-call responsibilities.
Where I live: Brooklyn, NY
Where I'm looking: NYC is the only area in the United States I'm willing to work, and I'm willing to work remotely though it is not my preference. I'd gladly pack up my things & move to northern Europe for a job opportunity as well.
When I can start: February 20, 2023.

Requirements: $135k/yr. Full-time.
Can be reached by: PM, LinkedIn/email (info that can be passed along via PM)

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

This is not my team but I thought it might be of interest to goons: Network Engineer Senior at the University of Michigan. The manager of this team writes:

quote:

The person who fills this role will be responsible for designing and implementing in-building networks across campus. This includes the distribution layer and access layer (wired and WiFi). You should have a solid knowledge of ethernet and Wi-Fi, switching and routing protocols, and associated equipment.

Looks like the position would be semi-remote so you'd need to live nearish to Ann Arbor, MI.

No salary is posted but the average salary for this title is $97k. Benefits at the University of Michigan are very good and include a 2-for-1 match of retirement funding, 5 weeks/year vacation time with an additional 2 weeks/year sick time pool, and excellent health insurance.

Happy to answer any questions you might have about working at the university, but I don't have any insight into this particular team.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
My experience: 15+ years in various industries, from television, to education, to healthcare. More recently focused on project management, team leadership, and process development/consulting. Have coordinated and overseen numerous projects, including new constructions and total replacements of tech infrastructure.

What I'm looking for: Full-time, primarily remote project management or process consulting would be preferable. Comfortable with helpdesk supervision temporarily, but would prefer to distance myself from tech support at this point in my career.

What I'm NOT looking for: Contract work, helpdesk, MSPs.

Where I live: Denver, CO.

Where I'm looking: Remote, Denver, Portland. A presence in Canada would be nice, as I might be moving that way eventually, but not required.

When I can start: Two weeks notice.

Requirements: Full-time, remote or commutable, $100k starting.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

My experience: 12 years of content management and editorial experience with some light technical troubleshooting thrown in for fun. Six years of customer service roles prior to that. I have my CompTIA Trifecta and I'm just looking to switch careers since working in editorial work and the humanities was turning into a dead end career.

What I'm looking for: Just looking to get my foot in the door, so help desk or jr. sys admin type jobs.

What I'm NOT looking for: Call centers, Fed Gov contract work (Have a MD Medical Card, so that's a no go for now).

Where I live: Washington D.C. Metro Area

Where I'm looking: Remote, DC Metro Area, Baltimore Metro Area

When I can start: Two weeks from offer date.

Requirements: Full-time, remote or commutable.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Would it be appropriate to make a post for a very close friend of mine here? He's just starting out in IT support after deciding to put inside sales support behind him.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

Would it be appropriate to make a post for a very close friend of mine here? He's just starting out in IT support after deciding to put inside sales support behind him.

Buy him an account ya cheap bastard

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

go for it

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
My experience: 20+ years working in the MSP space, from front-line technician up through C-level executive. Significant time in management, leading teams and shaping company procedures, direction, and service offerings

What I'm looking for: Director of Operations or similar internally-focused role (process, strategy, metrics). Looking outside the MSP space as well; internal IT would be fine

What I'm NOT looking for: Sales engineering or external-facing vCTO

Where I live: SF Bay Area

Where I'm looking: Remote, SF Bay Area, Seattle

When I can start: April 3rd

Requirements: Full-time, remote or hybrid (depending on location)

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
My experience: ~7 years now as a generalist sysadmin. Active Directory, Microsoft 365, Windows Server, project management.
What I'm looking for: A systems or cloud administrator position with lots of room for me to learn.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk
Where I live: San Jose, CA
Where I'm looking: South Bay Area, ideally fully remote
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Health insurance, full time.
Can be reached via: klosterdev@gmail.com

cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?
My Experience: ~25 years doing sysadmin work (Linux of various flavors, windows up to about server 2016, experience in dead OSes that nobody should be using (IRIX, Solaris, OS/2)), last 8 years have been spent doing anti-abuse/fraud and legal (global copyright and trademark, LEO requests) and SIEM and endpoint monitoring

What I'm looking for: something interesting. something more sysadmin than legal compliance would be preferred, but both are fun

What I'm NOT looking for: I'm open to anything, honestly.

Where I live: Dallas, TX

Where I'm looking: Remote-only, or remote with very occasional office requirements

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: Nothing set in stone beyond remote; contract work is also fine.

Can be reached via: PM, cash.stine@gmail.com

Sientara
May 27, 2012

My experience: 20+ years in Healthcare IT support, MSCE Server 2016, Active Directory, Microsoft 365, Windows Server, Meditech EMR, Mitel VOIP
What I'm looking for: sysadmin work with opportunities to learn and grow
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk, heavy project management
Where I live: Little Rock, AR area
Where I'm looking: Local, Remote, willing to relocate
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance, full time.
Can be reached via: PM, sientara@gmail.com

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

My experience: 10+ Years in IT. Strong background in traditional system administration with Windows Server - Active Directory, ADFS, MIM, Azure AD Connect, Azure AD, Azure AD Premium - CA, MFA, etc. and experience with DevOps. Deploying IaaS/PaaS with Terraform via ADO pipelines. I can write the PowerShell needed to automate all of the above.
What I'm looking for: Looking for challenging identity projects with Azure AD Connect, Forefront Identity Manager or Microsoft Identity Manager. Not opposed to selling, helping sell, leading teams, etc. but I fully expect to have my hands on the mouse and keyboard with Global Admin or there's a Service Principal that's deploying something I just wrote to production.
What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk. Companies that don't use Azure or Microsoft services. Actual software development. I can't read Assembly or C#.
Where I live: Los Angeles, CA
Where I'm looking: Los Angeles or Remote. Relocation possible depending on project but a strong preference for the West Coast Timezone.
When I can start: May - June.
Requirements: >$135k+ with FTE Benefits.
Can be reached via: Private Message.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 17, 2023

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Hey everyone, question for the thread that is a little off topic but I'd really love some advice.

So to set the scene, I got a contract as an onsite support at a company that makes software most of you have heard of and a lot of you probably use. I'm also in NYC

They asked me yesterday if I'd be interested in transitioning to their White Glove IT group after my contract is up because a lot of Executives changed their home office from other regions to this one.

Right now I'm on contract for $85k a year and my contract is up in 3 months.

My question is, since it looks like I'm going to be on the VIP team when I transition to FTE, how much money should I ask for?

Mods: plz delete post if this is too off topic

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This thread might help!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm cool with it! Also may not be a bad idea to stop by the Working in IT thread.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Thanks guys!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I’m looking for a new software asset management gig.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 28, 2023

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Got a job.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 6, 2023

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

My experience : bit of a factotum with various types of jobs, many of them in a technical nature or requiring similar skills, though only last worked actual IT 20 years ago
What I'm looking for : Cloud Architecture, specifically with AWS. Recently got the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate. Ideally looking to get in with either an AWS MSP or a startup that isn't going to need to go too bonkers in terms of cloud infrastructure requirements, and grow my skills from there.
What I'm not looking for : Non-cloud architecture stuff. At least needs to intersect in some way with it.
Where I live : Northwest WA state
Where I'm looking : Remote only
When can I start : Very quickly/immediately
Requirements : Full time, decent to good bennies, 80-90k+/start
Can be reached : SA forums PM

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 21, 2023

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
My experience: Decade of various desktop support, system administration, network admin, and light cloud work. Almost done with the AWS cloud compute degree at WGU and will have a couple more AWS certs.
What I'm looking for: Any sort of AWS admin or operations work
What I'm not looking for: Customer or end user support poo poo
Where I'm looking: USA Remote only
When can I start: 2 weeks from offer
Requirements: $110k+, work/life balance is a must
Can be reached: Private message

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green
My Experience: Roughly 5-ish years of On/Off "Freelance" troubleshooting for some enterprise but mostly SOHO systems. Lots of linux and web configuration tools and CMs (NGINX/Apache) + some recently acquired certs (A+, Network+ working on S+ Currently)
What I'm looking for: Anything entry level, Ideally ticketing for a NOC or SOC though
Where I'm looking: Remote or Dallas Area (The closer to Denton, the better)
When can I start: 2 weeks from offer
Requirements: Health Insurance is required
Can be reached: Private message

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
My experience: A couple years of tier 2/3 help desk for the Army, plus a decade of working with electronics in a mostly unrelated field
What I'm looking for: I’m not picky, I could do help desk again, I’ve got a CCNA and should be finishing up a degree in network operations so I’ve been looking into networking, currently studying for AWS sysops so cloud stuff is possible too.
What I'm NOT looking for: Cybersecurity
Where I live: Northern Colorado
Where I'm looking: Anywhere from Denver to Cheyenne, or remote
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance, 70k min

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My experience: About 8 years of full-stack webdev (Java, React, Rails, C# although that one not for years); some time before that in test engineering but never again pls
What I'm looking for: Another web dev job. Most of the recruiters cruising LinkedIn etc represent startups that have existed for like three months and have no revenue source, run by insane startup bros whose goal is to sell to Amazon or Uber or whatever in 3 years, get a one-time payoff, and then everyone gets laid off and has to find a new job again (ask me how I know this is what happens!) I would like to work for a medium-sized company (three digit employee total preferably) that is not likely to do this, makes money doing something not evil, and will pay me money to do web dev for them.
What I'm NOT looking for: Any big-tech job (Amazon, Google, Uber, etc); any buzzwordy startup whose sole goal is unabashedly to sell to a big-tech company; finance; national defense
Where I live: North Jersey. Open to remote or NYC hybrid work, depending on location.
When I can start: I just had a kid, so I'd need a few weeks
Requirements: Mid-level or senior-level software engineering title and market-competitive salary for those roles (no contract work, I have a family)
Can be reached: PM. Can provide resume, LinkedIn profile, Github etc but don't wanna post any of that here.