Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Truspeaker posted:

Between last week's trails and iron banner, I took the suros catalyst from 0 to complete. Turns out, pretty good gun! I have absolutely no idea how to use the "speed up as you hold fire" perk, the other one feels so much better, even after the recoil boost from the catalyst. Not that I've spent much time with it since, because my broken rear end brain says "you cant level this up any more, don't bother using it!" and instead I've been trying to figure out how to use the multitool, with absolutely no luck. Fwiw, Jade rabbit just felt right to me, but I don't really get the ranges or spots to be in to do well with Mida at all.

Also, despite really just having it equipped to passively level it while grinding out suros, that crafted seasonal fusion is pretty good in crucible once you get some range on it (and of course, the best-choice-on-basically-every-fusion-rifle Arrowhead Break). I put threat detector and successful warm up on it since Ive been pretty much only doing pvp, fully intending to eventually swap it to reservoir burst and envious assassin for pve bullshit, but it's been working so well I might just leave it as is. Really absurd you can't put multiple perks on a crafted gun, or even get a discount for perks a gun has had before.

You've already put in more thought than bungie did for crafting, careful so you don't overdeliver on thoughts! I think we should be able to put adept mods on crafted weapons as well. I'm waiting to see if the new crafting poo poo that they talked about actually drops this season and if so how bad it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The only thing I miss from HOTDOG is an active clan chat. Random shitposting while you're shooting aliens and everyone dropping what they were doing to scream HOTDOG when the clan ranked up added a certain je ne sais quois to the Destiny experience.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I wish there was code that banned people from Iron Banner if they fight guys while standing a foot outside the zone that needs capturing

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the best thing about iron banner is when the enemy starts a hunt and your whole team spontaneously decides that now is the time to split up and rush them

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have never once not seen it happen. Do I have so objective marker or UI element turned off that I'm missing?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Zokari posted:

the best thing about iron banner is when the enemy starts a hunt and your whole team spontaneously decides that now is the time to split up and rush them

extremely "guy who hacked the enemy team's VC" voice: guys saladin just told me "find your prey and end them", we got this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well they can't take advantage of the Hunt if they're dead! You guys don't know anything about strategy.

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023
And make sure you're not near any of the capture points when the hunt is over, they'll be expecting that!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Was Heart of Inmost Light crazy busted before? It feels pretty good now, I just got it from a random drop.

Trying a Void Titan build with Wavesplitter. Feels a bit like the old Warlock Agee’s build, but not as snappy. I spend a lot of time waiting for a shield throw to coke back. Instant overshields on Barrier is sweet though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Was Heart of Inmost Light crazy busted before? It feels pretty good now, I just got it from a random drop.

Trying a Void Titan build with Wavesplitter. Feels a bit like the old Warlock Agee’s build, but not as snappy. I spend a lot of time waiting for a shield throw to coke back. Instant overshields on Barrier is sweet though.

Yes. It was absolutely insane, with the right build you could have close to 100% uptime on insanely powerful grenades.

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

Yeah it was absolutely incredible. Consecration Slam + Healing grenade with the right set of mods would make you functionally invincible for most content. Severance Enclosure has been my personal pick for a replacement but I think I've seen some builds leveraging a different exotic for a very similar effect but with grenade kills providing most of the buffing and healing

Turgid Flagella fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 27, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Was Heart of Inmost Light crazy busted before?

It was literally the most powerful exotic in the game, bar none. Arc 3.0 made it even stupider with homing Storm Grenades.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

It was nerfed a little. I would guess because a strand titan has three melee’s which would instantly give you a 2x grenade and barrier which would last 8 seconds instead of the current 5.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HOIL made every activity into Mayhem. Just infinity grenades, all day every day. Outdamage your entire group on Atheon with Storm Grenades alone. Utterly disgusting stuff.

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

Kith posted:

HOIL made every activity into Mayhem. Just infinity grenades, all day every day. Outdamage your entire group on Atheon with Storm Grenades alone. Utterly disgusting stuff.

yeah, rip

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I have never once not seen it happen. Do I have so objective marker or UI element turned off that I'm missing?

Uh-oh, yea sounds like you’re missing the pro gamer tooltips. Also includes advice such as ‘run straight past a lone team mate on an enemy point to attempt to interrupt the enemies part-completed capture of your last remaining point, over 100 meters away’. And ‘A purple countdown? What’s that? Ignore it and push forwards alone into the enemy spawn.’

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Got winterbite, super fun, can't wait til its fixed so I can be weird for using it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Destiny2Team/status/1640479948547964928

That checks out. Quicksilver felt like it was firing couch stuffing on Neomuna.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
This is fun but I don't recognize the... Strike? What the gently caress is this indiana jones poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxDc3rAoJ-s

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This is fun but I don't recognize the... Strike? What the gently caress is this indiana jones poo poo?

That’s from the Grasp of Avarice dungeon.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Guess I need to get into dungeons. I've only run like two of them maybe. Pit and Duality or something.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lmao as someone who has struggled immensely wit that section, that is amazing

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Guess I need to get into dungeons. I've only run like two of them maybe. Pit and Duality or something.
Do you have the 30th Annerversy Bundle? Sadly Grasp of Avarice is tied to that, so it's basically a standalone purchase.

Dungeons are some really great content if you can find some people to run with. You owe it to yourself to check them out, particularly if you happen to own anyone of the ones you gotta pay for (like Duality and Spire from the WQ Deluxe. I think Shattered Throne is tied to the Forsaken bundle, Pit of Heresy tied to Shadow Keep, and then Prophecy is the only outright free one.)

and then there's one coming next season as part of Lightfall Deluxe. I'm very excited for it! If the rumors of a returning Titan are true, I'm gonna put my bets on something deep in the archology or maybe even something very "underwater" feeling.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Hell yeah

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

dope as hell

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

lmao as someone who has struggled immensely wit that section, that is amazing

Yeah, I need to figure out what all these things people keep pinging in discord for.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Kith posted:

The only thing I miss from HOTDOG is an active clan chat. Random shitposting while you're shooting aliens and everyone dropping what they were doing to scream HOTDOG when the clan ranked up added a certain je ne sais quois to the Destiny experience.

We do this in SNEK sometimes

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

that was amazing

I should really learn how to rocket grapple.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

The new Exotic MG kicks serious rear end. I use MGs as my primary Power weapon all the time. I've been using Chain of Command since I got it a few seasons back but this new one is seriously good.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I own all content so I really need to apply to the clan and run raids and dungeons. As I previously stated, raids are my favorite thing ever ever ever.

e: And, as the laws of nature demand, I am of course terrible at them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You should love dungeons then, they're midway between raids and strikes/battlegrounds. They have encounter mechanics but simpler ones designed for three people (or one person with a lot of skill and patience) and almost none of the "you missed it by half a second, so a nuke goes off and you have to start over" wipes you get in raids

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Solo dungeons are insanely frustrating and satisfying to clear.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i did shattered throne solo last week to finally get wish ender and im just gonna assume all the other dungeons are a similar level of difficulty and pat myself on the back for my incredible skill

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Please Mr Bungie, just one Militia's Birthright and I can sleep :negative:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i dragged two newbies through VoG while having had no sleep in a day's time and with a team organized five minutes prior

a smooth, natural high

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just want to share something I've noticed lately. Ive been playing a lot of vanguard ops playlist and I've seen more than half of the upper ranked players completely skip out on giving commendations to lower ranked players.

Say what you will about the commendation system but it's still something we all need to grind through

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
There are idiots who will take you through dungeons whether you’re in any clan or not, just hop on discord. Or don’t, you can post your bungie ID here and I will friend you and teach you dungeons (or just blast you through if you want to get completions/exotics).

Raids are the best thing in the game but dungeons are a close second and let me walk away from my keyboard whenever when I’m solo, something I can’t do in a raid.

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

uwaeve posted:

There are idiots who will take you through dungeons whether you’re in any clan or not, just hop on discord. Or don’t, you can post your bungie ID here and I will friend you and teach you dungeons (or just blast you through if you want to get completions/exotics).

Raids are the best thing in the game but dungeons are a close second and let me walk away from my keyboard whenever when I’m solo, something I can’t do in a raid.

I asked how to get Wish Ender last week and within minutes two absolutely wonderful goons dragged me through the dungeon twice so I could get it and we all had a great laugh every time I fell into every obvious newbie trap. 10/10.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Commendations are insanely stupid. There isn't enough time (even though they recently increased the allowed time) to give them out meaningfully, you only give two per thing so you can have a crucible match that you get none in, and despite meaning something, they're meaningless. I literally give each person in a strike a commendation that isn't applicable to them and picking the top player in crucible or gambit to give a commendation to each time seems like it fucks over other people.

It is a through-and-through bad system and I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I try to rotate through giving my commendations to players based on their relative position to me after pvp because its ultimately meaningless; in strikes I always give 2 out

of course sometimes it bugs out and when I run several in a row I have "already given that commendation" at the end of the run, sorry folks