Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

banning cat videos is sure to be a popular move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Head of :denmark: Strategic Logistics says we need missiles capable of striking Russia to have a fighting chance in an air war.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hogwarts is an elite boarding school where everyone is obsessed with sports, and graduates go on to be members of HM’s government, calling in favours with old boys, but there are no equivalents to the Foot Guards or Household Cavalry to really burnish that pedigree.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Mar 27, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i thought the food guards were the elves

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cuttlefush posted:

i thought the food guards were the elves

lol touche

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSb585bGYmQ

now they're just taking a piss

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
really, considering all the upper class britishness of it all, I'm surprised that there was no hosed up sex stuff going on at hogwarts as far as we know

like some wizard's career in the ministry of whatever being compromised because he put his penis inside a dead centaur's mouth or whatever. Or date rape involving that one potion that can make you look like someone else. Or, let's be honest here we're talking about the brits, pedophilia

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

January 6 Survivor posted:

really, considering all the upper class britishness of it all, I'm surprised that there was no hosed up sex stuff going on at hogwarts as far as we know

like some wizard's career in the ministry of whatever being compromised because he put his penis inside a dead centaur's mouth or whatever. Or date rape involving that one potion that can make you look like someone else. Or, let's be honest here we're talking about the brits, pedophilia

buddy, you don't even get to be a minister unless you gently caress a dead centaur's mouth

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

isn't there a ghost that inhabits the bathrooms and spies on people taking a crap?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Mister Bates posted:

a very American understanding of diplomacy, where it is not a negotiation between multiple parties, but rather something you do after you have already won, in order to formalize your demands and acquisitions. you do not work out mutually agreeable terms, you dictate them.

they don't see a diplomatic solution as an alternative to a military solution, but as part of one. win the war militarily and then negotiate the terms of the enemy's surrender.

and if you can't beat them militarily, I don't know, I guess just keep fighting the war indefinitely

it is the same mentality that kept them fighting in Vietnam until the US military was on the verge of collapse and kept them fighting in Afghanistan until their colonial auxiliaries all dropped their equipment on the ground and walked off the job, I'm sure it will work out better this time

I'm not sure, I think these people have just convinced themselves that the invasion is not the natural, limited outcome of 30 years of containment policy, but the first step on some kind of Soviet reconquista. If that were the case, then yeah, negotiating would arguably be dumb. I'm not sure how to convince them otherwise (Re: Art Thief guy's tweet), but it's like any of theirs or ours opinions matter.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

there is no question whatsoever as to what the boys do with polyjuice potion, with each other.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
all i know is that the further apart one keeps jk rowling and any sex stuff whatsoever the better off we'll all be

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ДНР в СЦКК: факты военных преступлений Украины posted:

⚡️❗️According to the official data of JCCC DNR from the beginning of the escalation* as of 19:30 on 27.03.2023

🆘In the 403 days of escalation, 684 civilians, including 28 children, were killed in the territory within the pre-SMO borders.

3,787 civilians, including 106 children, died in the territory liberated during the course of SMO.

Total: 4471, including 134 children.

In the territory in the borders before the beginning of SMO 2,568 civilians, including 181 children, were wounded in various degrees of severity.

104 cases of civilians, including 9 children, blown up by mines Lepestok PFM-1 were registered. Three of the victims died as a result of injuries.

In the territory liberated during SMO, 1,685 civilians, including 93 children, were wounded.

Total: 4253 including 274 children.

🏠Damage:
- 10,239 residential buildings;
- 2509 civil infrastructure facilities, including 140 medical facilities, 507 educational facilities, 999 social security facilities, 73 critical infrastructure facilities, 790 electricity, water, heat and gas supply facilities.
- 1302 vehicles.

The data on damage and destruction of residential buildings and civil infrastructure objects on the territory liberated during the course of the SMO is impossible to establish accurately at the moment.

During the 403 days of escalation, the JCCC of the DPR recorded 16451 instances of weapons fire, of which 16119 involved the use of heavy weapons.

The enemy fired 104462 shells of various calibers including 40 Tochka-U rockets, 260 rockets from Himars MLRS, 22 rockets from BM-30 Smerch MLRS, 258 rockets from BM-27 Uragan MLRS, 13499 rockets (122 mm) and 24536 shells of 155 mm caliber.

* с 17.02.22
@DNR_SCKK
(from t.me/DNR_SCKK/14389, via tgsa)

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Head of :denmark: Strategic Logistics says we need missiles capable of striking Russia to have a fighting chance in an air war.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mawarannahr posted:

ok I now believe the Estonian PM may have said that or really anything

www.politico.eu posted:

The plan commits to providing Ukraine with 1 million rounds of ammunition over the next 12 months, setting aside €2 billion for the effort.

Lol €2000 per bullet, that's some world class grift.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

harry potter is a series of childrens books

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Weka posted:

theyre artillery shells not bullets

but still way too expensive

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Weka posted:

it's personal https://twitter.com/kajakallas/status/1639686737894014979

she really wants to win, half her posts are about the importance of winning. ftw https://twitter.com/kajakallas/status/1627052657981497344

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

sounds like her grandparent might have been political

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1640374458769715208?s=20

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

that six month old baby was no angel

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Which general?

quote:

Colonel General Oleksandr Syrskyi

Oh.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

that six month old baby was no angel

That baby was eating grain that belonged to Stalin

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Gonna kill as many Ukrainians as possible, it's what the baby would have wanted.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'll have you know anti-personnel LEGO® bricks are not proscribed by the Convention with respect to the Laws and Customs of War on Land.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

yea, the most british thing about harry potter is that even in a world with literal magic that could trivially eliminate scarcity there still must be an underclass

Britsh sounding voice: Well that's just proper like, innit?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Uncanny

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Megamissen posted:

sounds like her grandparent might have been political

She’s descended from Baltic Germans and her grandfather was a founding member of the Estonian Defence League. I’ll let you guess which side of WW2 they were on.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

I'll have you know anti-personnel LEGO® bricks are not proscribed by the Convention with respect to the Laws and Customs of War on Land.

Yeah some bastard dumped a whole cluster bomb of them on our floor. Fortunately, like the Soviets did, I just order children to go in and defuse them.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

OctaMurk posted:

theyre artillery shells not bullets

but still way too expensive

MSRP $300

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

bedpan posted:

Bolivia sold off the right to rain water in the 90s to Bechtel

say sike motherfucker

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dixon Chisholm posted:

say sike motherfucker

Prior to privatization the water works of Cochabamba were controlled by the state agency SEMAPA. After pressure from the World Bank, Bolivia put SEMAPA up for auction for privatization but not capitalization. Only one party was willing to bid on the project. . .

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://t.me/rybar/45123

The Russian Army has captured Kamenka, east of Avdiivka, and are pushing southwest.

No notable movement elsewhere.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

whats an estonian anyway? a type of dog?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

whats an estonian anyway? a type of dog?

close enough

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

mawarannahr posted:

it's personal https://twitter.com/kajakallas/status/1639686737894014979

she really wants to win, half her posts are about the importance of winning. ftw https://twitter.com/kajakallas/status/1627052657981497344

I find it hard to believe her mother was deported and led a very difficult life of her daughter is now a prime minister - even if it is for a country that has fewer people than a small town in Montana

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The idea of a bunch of besuited liberals sitting around engaged in conversational mutual masturbation at a "Ukraine Lunch" is so funny to me

Really sure you're gonna solve it over those sandwiches guys, good job

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
they're basically aliens at this point, much like the US political class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol, what an insane grift.