Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Has anyone called Pat Bev Play-in P yet because I think we could get that going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Lockback posted:

Taking the suspension isn't a great move though because your still get suspended every 2 techs, right?

In any case I don't understand why they have that rule if they're just going to play these stupid games with it.

You are moving the clock back to 2 techs which is not a horrible idea but I also wonder if luka gets more than one tech in the last 7 games.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It’s tough, because the only way to completely remove the incentive for strategically taking techs is to make *every* tech past the 15th trigger a suspension, and that seems insanely harsh.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rjmccall posted:

It’s tough, because the only way to completely remove the incentive for strategically taking techs is to make *every* tech past the 15th trigger a suspension, and that seems insanely harsh.

I don't see why you couldn't add in half or quarter long game suspensions

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I think you give them a restriction like in League of Legends where Luka gets a chat restriction. Isn’t able to talk to refs at all for five games.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

hifi posted:

You are moving the clock back to 2 techs which is not a horrible idea but I also wonder if luka gets more than one tech in the last 7 games.

The guy can't stop getting Ts.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I support the greater allowance for players to go off on refs ala VanVleet considering all the bogus ejections this year. You're not the main character you striped fucks!!!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lockback posted:

Taking the suspension isn't a great move though because your still get suspended every 2 techs, right?

In any case I don't understand why they have that rule if they're just going to play these stupid games with it.

now that rasheed is out of the league the rule is antiquated and serves no obvious purpose

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

the tech foul rule is stupid because it’s largely discretionary, and unlike suspending players for flagrant 2s doesn’t really keep anyone safe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I support the greater allowance for players to go off on refs ala VanVleet considering all the bogus ejections this year. You're not the main character you striped fucks!!!

nba refs don't even wear stripes smh

The wolves won so I wasn't complaining about it but the refs were ridiculous last night wrt one Draymond Green once again and it's basically the reason I hate watching the Warriors. I think the Wolves got called for two flagrants and almost a third but when Dray clearly smacked Rudy across the face they wouldn't even review it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It was confusing when Rudy got inadvertently elbowed in the head there was no review. I thought they all got reviewed.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Yeah no the refs legit hate the Wolves. They are a super whiny team so I kinda get it but it's sorta run away now.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Embiid out tonight lmao

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

hifi posted:

NBA penalty box, hell yeah. They should adopt live ball substitutions while they're at it too.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kingcobweb posted:

Embiid out tonight lmao

Coward

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

got a new 2nd favorite hooper

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1640412536641142784

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I watched him on offense in Denver and it’s true, no one bothers defending him

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

That’s a great idea, they should do that.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

I’m thinking that maybe Kawhi carried Pat Bev for most of those wins. I don’t really miss him.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Lockback posted:

Yeah no the refs legit hate the Wolves. They are a super whiny team so I kinda get it but it's sorta run away now.
Yes but, KAT and Jaden also have well earned reputations as foulers (particularly KAT offensively) so they're also being watched closer and given less benefit of the doubt, like when KAT picked up his second as an illegal screen for a warrior stepping on his stationary foot.

This has been, dating back to the Boston/Chicago fiascos, a particularly rough run of reffing. The only two consistent yearlong/YOY issues I recall are that nobody gets the superstar whistle and that it's open season on the bigs and skinny wings for postups and rebounds (dating back to Vando routinely being "helped" into the baseline crowd). Which feeds the persecution complex of KAT and Jaden.

Hopefully Jaden gets the all defense recognition and a more trusting whistle on D while KAT does better with more limited physicality as he spends more time outside on both ends. And refs decide that they'd rather reward Ant's version of hunting contact than Trae's (not holding my breath on that one)

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
draft brothers

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1640436871225286656

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Goddamn, that's a sick stat line from Ingram.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

10 assists a game??? Wow

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Goddamn, that's a sick stat line from Ingram.

Ingram has been playing out of his mind this season. Media has been sleeping on him.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/nbafilmtweets/status/1640474854653841409?s=46&t=3d9JmXOJWgE8nozHLwUyjQ

Related: I learned today that Pooh Jeter plays international ball for the Ukraine under the name Yudzhin Dzheter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Magic are 27-23 in their last 50 games so that means they have locked up the moral victory baby!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Space Camp fuckup posted:

10 assists a game??? Wow

Look at the turnovers. He's been playing well on offense lately

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Vinestalk posted:

Ingram has been playing out of his mind this season. Media has been sleeping on him.

I wouldn't go that far. He's missed like half the season, for one. And struggles when coming back from injury for a few games. Has been playing well lately. Still having lapses on defense but he is at least giving effort to rebound.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Magic are 27-23 in their last 50 games so that means they have locked up the moral victory baby!

:yeah:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

nba refs don't even wear stripes smh
oh yeah...
i try not to see refs

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Have a reason to watch Hornets games again this season, thanks Mark

https://twitter.com/bgeis_bird/status/1640483432030519296?s=46&t=3d9JmXOJWgE8nozHLwUyjQ

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
When you score 44 points but your team's point guard is Spencer Dinwiddie:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/BOSSportsGordo/status/1640449158141075456

jaylen brown is Leavin. he Gone

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man the guy just sounds defeated

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
what happened?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is why the magic fan poster above caretrolling about the Hornets winning a game is funny.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

verbal enema posted:

what happened?

he lives in boston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Declan MacManus posted: