Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Also another great bit from the episode:

I honestly think this episode is better about what it's like to be high than the Weed Factory one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jeff and the Weed Factory is about weed culture more than it is specifically about getting high.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

"You guys promise me you got the rainbow sloth and not just the brown bear because it was cheaper?" plays in my head every time I walk past a build-a-bear.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Cheetah... Cheetos. There is so much beauty in the world.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i think these butterflies want to die

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Neeksy posted:

Also another great bit from the episode:

I honestly think this episode is better about what it's like to be high than the Weed Factory one.

I have never done drugs (although I would absolutely try some edibles if I knew where to get them over here) and I think Sister Christian is a great song.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Completely out of nowhere but did anyone else anticipate hearing the song Return to Innocence in the episode Daesong Heavy Industries II: Return to Innocence?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Completely out of nowhere but did anyone else anticipate hearing the song Return to Innocence in the episode Daesong Heavy Industries II: Return to Innocence?

No, I was also expecting it to hear it at some point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08&ab_channel=EnigmaVEVO

It might have been planned, but they couldn't get the rights or it was too expensive to use.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I guess I'll have to make the AMV some day.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Now that I think about it, it's kind of weird that Roger got really high just like Stan did in that episode. Nowadays he's usually on at least a dozen different drugs at all times.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

TheFattestPat posted:

Now that I think about it, it's kind of weird that Roger got really high just like Stan did in that episode. Nowadays he's usually on at least a dozen different drugs at all times.

Hotboxes kind of work different than just smoking cause every breath has some smoke in it. At least that's how i figured it.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That persona just had lower tolerance than Roger normally does.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

Nep-Nep posted:

That persona just had lower tolerance than Roger normally does.

Of course, why didn't I realize that?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Roger is like Charlie Sheen: a guy who is really into hard drugs but never really took to weed, for whatever reason (makes him fly uncontrollably)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheFattestPat posted:

I dunno, even for a heavy user hot boxing an entire barn full of weed is pretty intense.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Steve, stop babbling at your sister in Aramaic. It's a dead language.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Adult Swim just aired this episode and this has to be one of the best B plots they've ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBWLQMDUP0w

I always lose it when Snot pretends to be Steve and Stan still calls him Snot.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

limp_cheese posted:

Adult Swim just aired this episode and this has to be one of the best B plots they've ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBWLQMDUP0w

I always lose it when Snot pretends to be Steve and Stan still calls him Snot.

Steve listening to the phone is always hilarious: https://youtu.be/_BDMAYxlfcs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Reminder: Show’s back tonight y’all! Dive on in!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The_Doctor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DElxVXS7PD0

Dive on in

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Doive on in

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Let's get rowdy rowdy!!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1640413505592410121?s=20

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1640383425285705728?s=20

It's a Roger episode, get hyped.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Unfortunately the Hulu episode lineup still ends with "You Are Here" and the last 7 episodes of season 17 are still missing :argh:

The_Doctor posted:

Fellow Traveler
A lunar misstep sends Roger on an unexpected detour to New Mexico.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All these people are just Roger characters.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Avery Sr.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Wandering the desert like an Israelite.

Saltier than Lot's wife.

I'm loving dying here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at all those personas from the commercial being just in this episode.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I wonder if we're going to get Fellow Traveler episodes from now on.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i turned on some accessibility feature on the hotel tv i'm on that narrated all the scenes and i thought it was just some weird framing of the episode cause that's something this show would do

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

chunkles posted:

i turned on some accessibility feature on the hotel tv i'm on that narrated all the scenes and i thought it was just some weird framing of the episode cause that's something this show would do

I had that happen with that movie the adjustment bureau and I thought it was an interesting stylistic choice

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
drat that episode was good

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

this sucks, it's been two hours and the episode still isn't up on any of the legal streaming sites OR the illegal ones! Am I going have to wait until morning to watch this like some kind of caveman!?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Day after is pretty typical for iTunes, VUDU, or Amazon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

....so it turns out you can watch the whole thing for free on the TBS website:

https://www.tbs.com/shows/american-dad/season-18/episode-1/fellow-traveler

In retrospect probably should have checked there first.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I like how they got Paget Brewster just for the closing credits.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"They're sun-fresh chips they're healthy for you, healthier than regular chips- Oh, no they are not"

Tiny moment, but also the universal reaction to reading sun chips nutritional content

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

....so it turns out you can watch the whole thing for free on the TBS website:

https://www.tbs.com/shows/american-dad/season-18/episode-1/fellow-traveler

In retrospect probably should have checked there first.

awesome, just using opera's lovely built in vpn gives me the goods

cute little leonard zane reference in this new ep

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I got the sense that this could be a potential direction to go if AD! doesn't get renewed. Like it felt like this was going to be its own show but then again American Dad is the queen of non-sequitor television so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Why would the framing device of this episode be preferable to the current show that would make it more likely to go on?

Anyways, AD isn't going to be renewed, at least not by TBS. That's a given. TBS is out of the scripted content game and there was word that they even tried to get out of this slate of episodes but were unable to. It's time to start lobbying Hulu now to continue the show beyond the 44 episodes (well 43 now) that have already been committed to.