Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Cuttlefush posted:

iirc they have some poo poo where ad companies can pay them to specifically let their ads through

That's optional, it's just a checkbox in the options (don't even remember if it defaults to on or off).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Just finished Dread. Final boss took me ~5 attempts. The experiment boss was harder imo but executing the final boss fight properly is crazy satisfying. Really makes you feel like a space ninja. Shame you don’t get to play with the Metroid suit and the giant pink death laser any more than you do though.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

hell yeah, grats. That final boss feels great to stunt on once you learn it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Just finished Dread. Final boss took me ~5 attempts. The experiment boss was harder imo but executing the final boss fight properly is crazy satisfying. Really makes you feel like a space ninja. Shame you don’t get to play with the Metroid suit and the giant pink death laser any more than you do though.

I died once with the metroid suit and big beam because I didn't realize I had to shoot the boss until too late in that scene lol :frogbon:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think I’d I had been a split second slower it would have killed me. I was just hitting buttons and saw the cannon start to charge and said “oh. OH!” and shot it just as it was on top of me

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Dread's final boss, and boss design in general, is just so insanely good.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It’s the first Metroid game I’ve ever played where the bosses felt challenging and weren’t just speed bumps that you pump hundreds of missiles into on your way to tourian or w/e. This might be my favorite Metroid game of all time. Maybe tied with Prime but they’re totally different games. Prime is moody ambient alien weirdness. Dread is “learn to be a space ninja”.

My only bitch with dread is that the EMMI sequences were pretty lame.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason posted:

[doing high pitched voice out the corner of my mouth] FAAAGGOT [looks back and forth] WHO SAID THAT???

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Very hosed up to probe Arf for that, he clearly wasn’t the one who slurred

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

surc posted:

Yes, no

Mobile chrome doesn't allow extensions, firefox does.

e: oh lol also it doesn't work at all on ios you can install some entirely separate app called "Adguard" or something I guess
There's something called Vinegar, for "cleaning the tubes" - it works by being an iOS Safari.app extension that replaces JavaScript players with iOS' native HTML/HLS video player.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Twitch specifically has multiple weird ways of displaying ads some of which are blockable some of which ain't.

It is more work setting up but you can get an ad free experience by opening up a twitch stream in vlc player rather than using their website. Assuming you're okay with missing the chat. Use inspect element each of the different available video qualities is listed as a different file ending in "m3u8", copy and paste the address for a given quality into vlc's open network stream. Twitch used to be kind enough to only load the media stream you actually selected on the player, but for some reason now they load all them even if you specifically selected same 1080p. Some there is a bit of guesswork getting the one you're looking for.
Nah, you've just got to do a lot more effort to block it.
The best way is, as you point out, to grab the actual network stream - but unfortunately Twitch adopted to this by using EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY-SEQUENCE, which is part of the RFC for the HTTP Live Streaming and seems to only exist to force ads.

A better way to get around ads on Twitch is to use Streamlink Twitch GUI.
Somewhere in its options, it lets you disable ads (at least I assume so, since it's an option in streamlink, which is the command line utility it's based around.

EasilyConfused posted:

That's optional, it's just a checkbox in the options (don't even remember if it defaults to on or off).
Maybe it's optional now, but even the act of an ad company buying the anti-ads add-on was a big enough deal for users to abandon ship in droves.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
In the 90s there was some bullshit candy called baby bottle pop, and to this day I remember the jingle for the commercials.

Anyway baby blowjob mod has the same cadence so I’ve been ruined forever.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

RyokoTK posted:

In the 90s there was some bullshit candy called baby bottle pop, and to this day I remember the jingle for the commercials.

Thank you for reminding me of that terrible jingle

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

ilmucche posted:

guess it's time to download firefox then...

Opera comes with built in adblock and vpn.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

does it come with being a usable browser

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

all the browsers are basically as good as chrome at this point unless you need to have google built into it.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

RyokoTK posted:

Yeah, it also fits to Baby Beluga and therefore as a parent who had a Raffi album I can’t engage in the conversation or I’ll be destroyed by earworms

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Famethrowa posted:

all the browsers are basically as good as chrome at this point unless you need to have google built into it.

FTFY

Everything is Chromium‐based, except for Safari, which is the ur‐Chrome, and Firefox, which is legitimately its own thing.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Dread kicks so much rear end and does have probably the best boss fights in any Metroid game

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

skeleton warrior posted:

Yeah, it also fits to Baby Beluga and therefore as a parent who had a Raffi album I can’t engage in the conversation or I’ll be destroyed by earworms

As someone who was raised by that Raffi cassette, I don’t hear it at all

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why do people think Firefox is unusable? I've used it for almost twenty years and I'm a well-known dumbass.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I got tired of Twitch breaking my adblock every 6 days and just paid for Twitch Turbo. Sucks, but at least it gives the streamers I watch ad revenue I guess

Turbo is also nice if you watch Twitch on anything other than a computer.

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 28, 2023

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

As someone who was raised by that Raffi cassette, I don’t hear it at all

It works if you cadence it as bah-low-jobs

Also, please stop making me feel old

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

skeleton warrior posted:

It works if you cadence it as bah-low-jobs

Also, stop making me feel old

I was cutting-edge as a toddler I promise I’m not young

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

I was cutting-edge as a toddler I promise I’m not young

Stupid hipster babies with their beards and their coffees and their trucker beanies

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why do people think Firefox is unusable? I've used it for almost twenty years and I'm a well-known dumbass.
It's good right now but in the 2010s there it developed semifrequent memory leaks that would cause it to crash if you had too many tabs open.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

skeleton warrior posted:

Stupid hipster babies with their beards and their coffees and their trucker beanies

Do I *watch* Barney? I don’t even own a TV

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Alaois posted:

does it come with being a usable browser

It's chromium based, so i's basically chrome with a different ui and additional features. I have used it for a few years, no complaints.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

Do I *watch* Barney? I don’t even own a TV

The Backyardigans sound so much better on vinyl. But I’ve been listening to this new group from Australia, The Wiggles? They’re kind of obscure, I doubt you’ve heard of them

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

skeleton warrior posted:

The Backyardigans sound so much better on vinyl. But I’ve been listening to this new group from Australia, The Wiggles? They’re kind of obscure, I doubt you’ve heard of them

Psh, poser. I bet you don't even know their early stuff with Archie.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Waste of Breath posted:

Psh, poser. I bet you don't even know their early stuff with Archie.

Anthony was the Syd Barrett of the Wiggles

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have come to the conclusion that dragon age inquisition is actually a good video game even if the hinterlands suck

edit: I thought this was one of the video game chat threads that I follow instead of the sagas thread that occasionally has video game chat, but I stand by my post

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 28, 2023

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i think it really suffers from witcher 3 existing

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Bold take on the Wiggles

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

theyre all going to get hosed up. only safari and firefox are safe. absoultle noobs

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Stux posted:

theyre all going to get hosed up. only safari and firefox are safe. absoultle noobs

Anything you need to do works in Lynx and everything else is a toy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

not gonna disagree with that

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

I have come to the conclusion that dragon age inquisition is actually a good video game even if the hinterlands suck

edit: I thought this was one of the video game chat threads that I follow instead of the sagas thread that occasionally has video game chat, but I stand by my post

Every once in while the banter lines where Cassandra gets convinced to say the inquisition's motto of "Into darkness, unafraid" and Sera cuts in with "Around the corner fudge is made!" pops into my head and I don't even remember the last time I played that game.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I used Firefox through the memory leak era because I could not be bothered to switch to a different browser

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Cthulu Carl posted:

Every once in while the banter lines where Cassandra gets convinced to say the inquisition's motto of "Into darkness, unafraid" and Sera cuts in with "Around the corner fudge is made!" pops into my head and I don't even remember the last time I played that game.

Sera is one of the most annoying companions in any RPG, I absolutely hated her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Struggling against the final boss in Metroid Dread then looking up a guide video is how I found out my joy-con was busted and I'd been playing with a handicap. Thought i just sucked and complaining about dropped inputs was some DSP loser poo poo but it was actually happening the whole time lol