Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Konar posted:

Guy who pushed Elon down the stairs as a kid, please come back to finish the job we need you now

e- this :emptyquote: is the best snipe I’ve ever made. No notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1640502698549075972

advanced AI bot swarms

jfc this rear end in a top hat

God, what a turd move. I mean, the For You feed was already in a nosedive since they've shifted towards trying to give you 90% people you don't follow but were maybe interacted with at some point by someone you do, but this just kills it. Everyone says that the Following feed is better, but I find it it unusable since it's real-time, and would require me to sit on there all day long watching the feed instead of just checking in after dinner.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
mastodon is still working fine for me :shrug:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Mozi posted:

mastodon is still working fine for me :shrug:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1640522870714499072

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Masterbatedone

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

Masterbatedone

ah, such innocent days...

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

lmao twitter blue has so far only made 0.01% of his yearly interest payment on the initial loan to buy the company. surely pushing it as hard as he has is the correct business decision for this giga brain genius.

He also cut the valuation of the company in half the other day, site is now worth less than half of what he paid for it

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/26/23657182/elon-musk-twitter-employee-stock-grants-valuation

quote:

Elon Musk has put a $20 billion value on Twitter, making up less than half of the $44 billion Musk paid to acquire the site, according to reports from Platformer and The Information. In a memo sent to staff viewed by Platformer’s Zoë Schiffer, Musk reportedly says that employees will receive stock grants based on Twitter’s $20 billion valuation.

So clearly he's this generation's best big business boy

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Egon defeated the bots but now has to defeat the bots with your $

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1640532921386663938

only thing that can stop a bad AI swarm is a verified, paying AI swarm

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

As soon as the legacy checkmarks go away, there should be an army of people paying $8 to impersonate Tony La Russa.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So how soon after the legacy blue tickets go away do the lawsuits start up again regarding impersonations and what not?

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Haschel Cedricson posted:

As soon as the legacy checkmarks go away, there should be an army of people paying $8 to impersonate Tony La Russa.

Man, people really hate him. That's a pretty brutal headline.

quote:

Tony La Russa Is Everything That’s Wrong With Baseball
The league doesn’t need the White Sox manager—or anyone else who thinks like him.

https://slate.com/culture/2021/05/tony-la-russa-yermin-mercedes-home-run-white-sox.html

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Masterbatedone

I am the Masturbated One

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

cr0y posted:

I am the Masturbated One

That's what she said

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1640522870714499072
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1640535407937847297
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1640535990321250305

he's pissed that he's getting so much of a negative response to this change

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he's not pissed he is actually laughing and having a great time

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

kazil posted:

he's pissed that he's getting so much of a negative response to this change

the man can still be bullied. it's what separates him from the trumps of the world

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ben shapino posted:

he's not pissed he is actually laughing and having a great time

His friends are just out of frame laughing as well.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
lol @ anybody who didn’t delete their Twitter account last year.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

There’s gonna be like 10000 fake imposter accounts offering free bitcoin on April 1.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

davecrazy posted:

lol @ anybody who didn’t delete their Twitter account last year.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

quote:

Elon Musk has put a $20 billion value on Twitter, making up less than half of the $44 billion Musk paid to acquire the site, according to reports from Platformer and The Information. In a memo sent to staff viewed by Platformer’s Zoë Schiffer, Musk reportedly says that employees will receive stock grants based on Twitter’s $20 billion valuation.

With those stock grant announcements I believe part of it was saying that there would be periodic windows when it can be sold (like with SpaceX).

Wonder how long that first window will be delayed, since as soon as it happens it will pop that valuation prediction.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Selling to whom, exactly? It's a closed corporation, it has no market for a public float. There was a sort of pink-sheets OTC for startups and the like, but first point, Twitter is not a startup, and secondly, a lot of that business was kind of anchored by a certain bank who got brought out for like negative $10 billion.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Keep bullying Musk

He's currently hypersensitive and confused why even Twitter Blue morons are calling him out. He's currently flashing red so you can run right up to him and spam light attacks to rack up your combo meter

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm betting he'll still lose those polls. People will realize they can pay $8 a month to own Elon Musk, knowing he'll never get anywhere near profitable that way.

If you pay Elon $8 a month just to try to "own" him in polls then I hate to break it to you but he's the one who has owned you.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Elon is running twitter as capriciously thin skinned and bitchy as lowtax

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

...! posted:

If you pay Elon $8 a month just to try to "own" him in polls then I hate to break it to you but he's the one who has owned you.

$7

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oscar Wild posted:

Elon is running twitter as capriciously thin skinned and bitchy as lowtax

He's even more thin-skinned than Lowtax, which I didn't think was possible.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Nobody uses the "for you" tab though, right?? ....right?????

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

It's pretty funny that he's doing the whole "$8" retorts that his followers loved again, but this time it's because he desperately wants people to know that it's only $7 now (not through app store) (when you buy a year) (Best Value!)

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

...! posted:

This is correct but the Twitter addicts who crow about how left wing they are will convince themselves it's wrong so they can continue feeding their addiction

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the trick is to steal credit numbers to get blue.

also assuming the forever checkmark glitch is still working, cancel it with a charge back and hope Musk gets cut off from the big 4 transaction processors.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

kw0134 posted:

Selling to whom, exactly? It's a closed corporation, it has no market for a public float. There was a sort of pink-sheets OTC for startups and the like, but first point, Twitter is not a startup, and secondly, a lot of that business was kind of anchored by a certain bank who got brought out for like negative $10 billion.

Elon already explained to you that it's an inverse startup. Thus you get inverse equity. I anticipate these stock grants will be managed on the blockchain, possibly using Dogecoin. Elon is simply disrupting the woke and absolete stock grant industry.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 28, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

cr0y posted:

I am the Masturbated One

Don't trust the skull

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’m gonna guess that he’ll walk back all but the one thing he really wants inside of a week

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

kw0134 posted:

Which bank are you referring to here?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

...! posted:

I dunno, seven bucks a month to make a billionaire lose his loving mind even faster sounds pretty cheap.

His whole thin-skinned belief is the validated users love and adore him, and taking that away from Elon would be delicious. Because if that goes, there is definitively no secret "bot-free" majority who actually love him.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

drat, I remember the good ol days when he really thought hed win that poll where everybody told him to step down. Im honestly surprised twitter is still running, its like some personal hell a greek god put him in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I dunno, seven bucks a month to make a billionaire lose his loving mind even faster sounds pretty cheap.

His whole thin-skinned belief is the validated users love and adore him, and taking that away from Elon would be delicious. Because if that goes, there is definitively no secret "bot-free" majority who actually love him.

It's truly incredible that anyone is still stupid enough to think this way after trump. When someone's entire belief system resides within a fictional world, you can't "own" them into reality. They will simply keep building additions to their fictional world that explain how it can't be real