Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

(pulled off a ninja edit on this post)

this post was reported for ninja edit lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

death cob for cutie posted:

tell us the name, JOHNATHAN CENA :allears:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i was really into mafia and pokemon back in the late 90s and my username was charizardscumhunter@aol.com it wasnt until i signed on that i immediately realized how it could be misread and i started getting flamed in the america online chatrooms i begged my mom to let me change my name but she told me that sometimes we have to live with our poor life choices

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
lmao your mom is badass

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Leperflesh posted:

this post was reported for ninja edit lmao

lmao

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I said it showed why we need an IK

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ninja

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

OR DID I?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:ninja:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

lmao your mom is badass

:emptyquote:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi,

King Burgundy(he/him). My first game with mafia players was an Awful Survivor where I was voted out first by a clique of mafia players who already knew each other. I don't remember which one. But I played in Battleship Mafia shortly thereafter back in 2014. I continued playing through 2020 or so when I just couldn't manage the time it took to play these games the way I wanted to anymore.

My favorite mafia memory will forever be the mafia soldiers game Shine V, where I led the Mexico team to victory against Bif's Texas. There really is nothing quite like that experience and I'm sad I probably won't have anything like it again.

I played mafia for the puzzle solving/game solving/logic aspects. *Pure* mafia was never that interesting to me. The more moving parts to logic through, the better.

I can't imagine I'll have the time to return any time soon given my pending cross country move, but I do still think of it fondly and enjoy still talking with so many of you in the discords.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

(this is the same message as was posted on discord)

Invitation to 10th Annual Mafia Championships

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 10) posted:

Ahoy there! 🙂

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 10 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 370+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part :)

It's that time again, folks! Mafia Championships are rearing their ugly head once more. We need (read: not a need) one person to represent the Something Awful Mafia community at this Internet Mafia Tournament (I swear to god that's what this is).

Now, this is a fairly big commitment. Read the above link but these people post like you would not believe. They have a post MAXIMUM... that people actually hit... This is not a casual thing, this is serious internet mafia business, these people take it seriously.

I went two years ago and Yami Fenrir went last year and you can absolutely reach out to either of us here or privately if you want a greater sense of what this is like. We need to nominate and choose 1 player (and 1 backup) by April 22.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

please be advised that votefinder will be completely unavailable for an undetermined amount of time. maybe a day.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 27, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mistborn: Chaos in Luthadel only needs 2 more players.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm toaly a prolific mafia player. They them she her I can be mean and standoffish but I usually mean well (60% of the time). My favourite memory of mafia was when I carried as solo scum one game for 4 rounds and won lylo.

My favourite game, there's a lot of them. Like the somber games. Like the birb games a lot. (They're good fun). I really like the flavour of the taste cult games. I think of them a lot.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The ocean is an object of no small terror.

The Passage is now open for signups.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I kept trying to post my whole mafia history but it's just not working for me. I just want to say thanks to everyone who has been gracious enough to play in my games over the years. A fervent, irrational desire to put on a good show and impress you all has been the driving force behind my progress as a creator.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

I kept trying to post my whole mafia history but it's just not working for me. I just want to say thanks to everyone who has been gracious enough to play in my games over the years. A fervent, irrational desire to put on a good show and impress you all has been the driving force behind my progress as a creator.

somber! somber! somber!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Some of the posts from the last few days reminded me of this PYF thread, PYF Time Something Awful Helped You / Saved Your Life: A Good Vibes Thread. I bet there's a few stories of folks who found this community (or helped create it) that could be reposted over there, if you felt so inclined. Heartwarming stuff!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I propose b- for Mafia Champs based on performance in the All Stars game I ran and the stats I ran for that game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

I propose b- for Mafia Champs based on performance in the All Stars game I ran and the stats I ran for that game.

Show us the stats!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still say we send krell

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

We should send leperflesh and train him wrong, as a joke

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Sub Rosa posted:

binus will soulread and name all the scum on D1 so I agree

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

Can't believe we're comparing Mafia to PTSD, jesus christ

mafia gave me ptsd

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

bowmore posted:

mafia gave me ptsd

Thank you for your service :patriot:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I'm gonna shart my loving jorts

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Maerlyn posted:

binus will soulread and name all the scum on D1 so I agree

And then get eliminated D1 for refusing to explain himself.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

death cob for cutie posted:

I'm gonna shart my loving jorts

Jose Valasquez posted:

Thank you for your service :patriot:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I think things are in a workable situation re: VF for now

let me know if it breaks

going to bed now

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Seems like kind of a good news bad news situation for votefinder atm.

- it is finding votes again, yay!

- We’re still waiting on the domain transfer, which is normal and fine but means we won’t be able to use the url you all know and love until that happens.

- there’s at least one pretty serious issue related to some data missed in the db transfer. VF keeps track of every single mafia post and we lost the vast majority of those posts. We didn’t think this was going to be that big of a deal but it was, so E+ had to hack poo poo together so VF would ignore that.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Jump King posted:

Seems like kind of a good news bad news situation for votefinder atm.

- it is finding votes again, yay!

- We’re still waiting on the domain transfer, which is normal and fine but means we won’t be able to use the url you all know and love until that happens.

- there’s at least one pretty serious issue related to some data missed in the db transfer. VF keeps track of every single mafia post and we lost the vast majority of those posts. We didn’t think this was going to be that big of a deal but it was, so E+ had to hack poo poo together so VF would ignore that.

Does the account not have archives?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

wins32767 posted:

Does the account not have archives?

If you’re thinking about scraping old games and saving those posts again we could probably do that yes. The issue is not that those posts don’t exist, just that we no longer have copies of them in the database

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Jump King posted:

If you’re thinking about scraping old games and saving those posts again we could probably do that yes. The issue is not that those posts don’t exist, just that we no longer have copies of them in the database

Yeah, that’s the path I was going.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey folks! The admins are trying to reboot the old idea of a monthly announcement highlighting things going on around the forums of general or widespread interest, and pragmatica in particular mentioned "games open to general entry/recruitment" as a thing to include, including Mafia! It looks like the next announcement is scheduled for April 1st. Yes, yes, april fools, but this isn't actually a joke.

If you'll have a Mafia game open for recruitment on the 1st and you'd like me to request a sentence about it with a link, PM me and I'll be happy to ask Prags to include it!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What if the mafia game we have open on the 1st…is a joke?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

could be funny imo

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
What's the new site for Votefinder?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mordiceius posted:

What's the new site for Votefinder?

http://172.105.14.246/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

What if the mafia game we have open on the 1st…is a joke?

then your posting would fit right in!!!