Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Soylent Pudding posted:

This is a massive understatement.

Ben-Gvir a piece of poo poo who openly kept in his living room a portrait of Baruch Goldstein, the terrorist who murdered 29 Palestinians in the Cave of Patriarchs massacre. Ben-Gvir was also convicted under Israeli anti-terorism laws for supporting the Kahanist (think Jewish ISIS) terrorist group Kach. The Israeli Knesset passed an anti-racism election law to outlaw the party. Kach was also a state department designated terrorist organization until it was removed during the Trump administration. It's still a specially designated entity though.

His current party is a Kahanist party and straight up theocratic fascist. He supports expelling "disloyal" Arabs from Israel, but has apologized for his stance during his Kach years when he called for deporting all Arabs. But he specifically called for deporting the leader of the Israeli Arabs party. He also called for the anti-zionist Neturei Karta* ultra-orthodox community to be deported "on a train." I'll let you guess why suggesting removing Jews by train is particularly vile.

Even AIPAC wants nothing to do with these fuckers. Or at least they didn't as of a year or so ago and I'm scared to look to see if that changed.

They also support full repeal of the Oslo Accords, total annexation of the West Bank, and essentially immunity from prosecution and unlimited rules of engagement for the IDF. They want Orthodox indoctrination in Israeli schools. The general ideology is that only Orthodox Jews should have citizen rights in Israel, that Israel should be a theocratic society adhering to strict Orthodox interpretation, and want to ban miscegenation in the form of Jewish interfaith relationships.

Ben-Gvir is also a provocateur and absolute poo poo-stirer. You may remember the protests and violence a few months ago at the temple mount? That was started by Ben-Gvir staging an official visit.

Also surprising no one he received a religious exemption from IDF service.

*Neturei Karta and an ultra-orthodox sect that is militantly anti-zionist. They believe that Israel can only be founded by the messiah. They further believe the messiah cannot return to found Israel if Israel already exists. So they call for the dismantling of Israel so that the Messiah can appear and found Israel.

I take it since the IDF doesn’t have any ultra orthodox members due to religious exemption they arnt completely onboard with this lunatic? Sounds like he has mostly non trained up partisan support?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Crab Dad posted:

I take it since the IDF doesn’t have any ultra orthodox members due to religious exemption they arnt completely onboard with this lunatic? Sounds like he has mostly non trained up partisan support?

The exemption was open to students studying full time at yesheva. Ultraorthodox could still choose to serve. I imagine some did. There are also plenty of right wing anti-Palestinian racists who aren't ultraorthodox. But overall I imagine the IDF and IDF reservists are less ultraorthodox than general Israeli society. This is my across the ocean view at least. I don't have hard numbers off hand. I would not put my hopes on "well if it comes to violence in the streets the democracy side will be better trained and organized".

When I did birthright a decade ago we stayed a few days at a kibbutz settlement in the occupied west bank. They had their own private security force walking around with assault rifles. Most were some degree of Orthodox but I wouldn't call the place ultraorthodox by any stretch. If I remember correctly at least a few of the security personnel I talked to served in the IDF. Also the trip organizers were really mad at me when I told the rest of the group we were in a west bank settlement.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

99% of mass shooters are angry white dudes but now we've got a real problem!

Not saying it’s right but as far as the ME report is gonna say, this was perpetrated by an angry white man. Who got got by actual cops, not whatever the gently caress those hundreds of boys in Uvalde want to call themselves.

Unless she was post op. I think. It’s been a while since I binged SVU. Also, SVU is fictional and takes place not just in a different state, but reality itself. I say that, because the same could be said of Tennessee itself.

gently caress this person for what they did, and what will come of it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Soylent Pudding posted:

the trip organizers were really mad at me when I told the rest of the group we were in a west bank settlement.

Where did the rest of the group think that they were? The Moon?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Platystemon posted:

Where did the rest of the group think that they were? The Moon?

A kibbutz is just a type of commune. The previous one we stayed at was in Israel proper. They just told us we were at another Kibbutz "east of Jerusalem" until I pointed out the only thing east of Jerusalem is the west bank.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Modern Israeli politics has always befuddled me because it seems like everyone hates the Haredi, albeit for different reasons. The dwindling left seems to hate them for taking advantage of Israel’s generous welfare system without contributing much to it (“Torah is my profession!”) whereas the hard right hates them for not serving in the IDF. And it seems to me that the settler bloc could show J6 types a thing or two about being extremely militant, entitled and armed, although strict adherence to Orthodox Judaism doesn’t seem to be their thing, just ethnic and historical supremacy. I’m not Jewish but spent a lot of time reading English-language Israeli media (Haaretz, JPost, YNet, Israel National News) and the divisions between each outlet were pretty stark.

This article is 12 years old but has always struck me. It’s long but well worth the read, especially when you consider that people like these teenage settlers are starting to get into positions of power or influence.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/israel-middle-east/articles/girls-at-war

Edit:

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Not saying it’s right but as far as the ME report is gonna say, this was perpetrated by an angry white man. Who got got by actual cops, not whatever the gently caress those hundreds of boys in Uvalde want to call themselves.

Unless she was post op. I think. It’s been a while since I binged SVU. Also, SVU is fictional and takes place not just in a different state, but reality itself. I say that, because the same could be said of Tennessee itself.

gently caress this person for what they did, and what will come of it.

I have to admit that one thing I struggle with is when lovely people start claiming that they’re transgender or nonbinary. Ezra Miller, the Flash star, was actually grooming underage girls and identifies as non-binary, the Colorado Springs shooter tried to claim they were non-binary, and now this shitbag in Tennessee may be trans as well. Having known a few trans/non-binary people, I grapple with wanting to be respectful and supportive of people’s identities and their pronouns with also feeing like none of the aforementioned people or those like them have earned the right to hide behind a nonconforming gender identity given that their horrible actions will make it that much harder for people who are already struggling for acceptance in an increasingly hostile social space. I also recognize this isn’t my gate to keep as a cishet white dude but gently caress, this is going to get so much worse for LGBTQIA people now.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 28, 2023

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

pantslesswithwolves posted:

, just ethnic and historical supremacy.

Just lol at any modern person taking pride in their lineage just surviving as a sign of supremacy.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Quick break:

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1640511347363311617?t=bisIAWGvCvYloBbGVnMLOA&s=19

lolololololo

a BLOCK ME list, fuckin rad

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Which comes hot on the heels of being able to hide if you're Verified or not because Elon had a tantrum about people making Verified Account Block Lists. "For You" is about to become a way to see who bought their Blue and then hid their checkmark out of shame.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Soylent Pudding posted:

A kibbutz is just a type of commune.

I mean yeah sure but

quote:

They just told us we were at another Kibbutz "east of Jerusalem" until I pointed out the only thing east of Jerusalem is the west bank.

The geography isn’t exactly subtle. It’s like leaving West Berlin and being shocked to find yourself in East Germany.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I laid out of work sick today and spent it all binging the first two seasons of Silicon Valley and holy gently caress is that poo poo a documentary of real events that happened in real time

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

shame on an IGA posted:

I laid out of work sick today and spent it all binging the first two seasons of Silicon Valley and holy gently caress is that poo poo a documentary of real events that happened in real time

I did a 2 year remote working stint for a Silicon Valley firm from the UK, computer graphics/rendering engine stuff. Wanted to see what it was like in the big famous place, dreamt of it since I was a kid! I'm currently, as I always should have done, doing small jobs for little places that have about 3 employees.

I am never ever doing that poo poo again, the stuff I saw, jesus. I actually had the thing from office space happen when I had 4 different bosses bollock me within a few hours for not hitting a target they never mentioned.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I only ate it for the nutrients. I was never enjoying it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MrMojok posted:

I only ate it for the nutrients. I was never enjoying it.

The number of calories you eat when eating pussy has less to do with nutrients and how much you enjoy it, and more to do with how she wipes.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

shame on an IGA posted:

I binged it a few months ago and agree 100%. It's hilarious how little has changed.

Also Zach Woods is the best part of that show.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Brute Squad posted:

I binged it a few months ago and agree 100%. It's hilarious how little has changed.

Also Zach Woods is the best part of that show.

Oh yeah his meltdown at the convention where he keeps asking people increasingly deranged survey questions is gold.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Texas is apparently pushing a TEXIT (Texas Exit) Secession bill, lmao.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Isn't that a regular thing or is this one different?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CommieGIR posted:

Texas is apparently pushing a TEXIT (Texas Exit) Secession bill, lmao.

They do this every session.

Some of the "statement" bills are allowed to go further than others, but they are all stopped. Besides, it would be difficult for Abbott to attempt a run for the White House if his state tried to succeed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ASAPI posted:

Some of the "statement" bills are allowed to go further than others, but they are all stopped. Besides, it would be difficult for Abbott to attempt a run for the White House if his state tried to succeed.

The dude isn't making a Whitehouse run if Desantis gets shot down by Trump and right now it seems likely he will be.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
i know this is bullshit culture warrior posturing so state representatives can leer at cameras and say shucks i tried to do something about the rest of the country progressing into the future without texas vote for me and well get it done next time and i know its too much to expect the idiots who take them seriously to know enough recent united states history or global macroeconomic theory to understand why that would make things in texas so unbelievably much worse than they are now but just

come on

you dont even need to have finished high school to know what makes the united states the last remaining superpower and the idea of throwing all of that away so they can be yeehaw zimbabwe stuck between the us and mexico seems like a high price to pay just so they can treat women like property latin americans like slaves and african americans like targets

edit theres an implicit women latin americans and african americans arent texans today in what i wrote and thats horseshit obviously but we all know whos pushing and supporting texit bills and it aint them

Sexual Lorax fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 28, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

The dude isn't making a Whitehouse run

bro

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

If Desantis can't get the nomination, there's no way Abbott will, given the MAGA darlings that operate the circus tent.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You are giving me entirely too much credit for the post I just made.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I wanted to make that joke! Lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ASAPI posted:

I do think Texas is trying to succeed. They’re successful at a lot of things.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

If Desantis can't get the nomination, there's no way Abbott will, given the MAGA darlings that operate the circus tent.

Abbott is in a wheelchair. A tree fell on him and he sued the homeowner for a large sum of money (a move he has since worked to outlaw other people from doing)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CainFortea posted:

Abbott is in a wheelchair. A tree fell on him and he sued the homeowner for a large sum of money (a move he has since worked to outlaw other people from doing)

How the gently caress did I miss that!

My bad, I ruined the joke.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
No, you see, he got a settlement while as governor he outlawed punitive damages. Nevermind that his settlement was only as large as it was due to the threat of punitive damages.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Wild that you can take shots about some dude being paralyzed and people say sorry for stepping on your joke, but you can't say the b word because its inappropriate in the eyes of our grognard mods

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Its pretty obvious why the B word, covering a full half of the population in a derogatory gendered way, is an lovely insult to use 99% of the time.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Grip it and rip it posted:

Wild that you can take shots about some dude being paralyzed and people say sorry for stepping on your joke, but you can't say the b word because its inappropriate in the eyes of our grognard mods

What.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ll never stop taking shots at the guy for cashing out on his disability and then eliminating the same opportunity for everyone else.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Betard?
Bigger?
Bunt?

I’m lost here help me out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Brunch?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sexual Lorax posted:

i know this is bullshit culture warrior posturing so state representatives can leer at cameras and say shucks i tried to do something about the rest of the country progressing into the future without texas vote for me and well get it done next time and i know its too much to expect the idiots who take them seriously to know enough recent united states history or global macroeconomic theory to understand why that would make things in texas so unbelievably much worse than they are now but just

come on

you dont even need to have finished high school to know what makes the united states the last remaining superpower and the idea of throwing all of that away so they can be yeehaw zimbabwe stuck between the us and mexico seems like a high price to pay just so they can treat women like property latin americans like slaves and african americans like targets

edit theres an implicit women latin americans and african americans arent texans today in what i wrote and thats horseshit obviously but we all know whos pushing and supporting texit bills and it aint them

No no no. You've got it all wrong. The latin americans are the targets, and the african americans the slaves.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Crab Dad posted:

Betard?
Bigger?
Bunt?

Brindle, obviously...

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Crab Dad posted:

Betard?
Bigger?
Bunt?

Bruh

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

It never fails to baffle me when people get all salty they can't use their favorite slurs. There are lots of ways to call someone a piece of poo poo, be more creative.

Like, if someone says this word is making them or someone else uncomfortable, why is that a problem for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Grip it and rip it posted:

It's wild that the one poster who's been probated half a dozen times for using gendered insults and misogynistic language is salty about not having the green light to continue that lovely behavior.

It's also wild to think that IKs and mods are not omnipotent and might not have seen the post in question before you did.

We are human and trying our best. The military and military adjacent space has historically been really lovely about how they talk about women. We've tried to make this a more inclusive space that welcomes all. I am sorry if not using gendered insults is too heavy of a burden for you to bear.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 28, 2023