Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Apprently the Ukrainian nickname for the C2 is Elephant. Probably not the association I would for (at least they're not currently painted white...) but I guess it fits in with the little tank-big tank meme that's been going around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1640678987234963456
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1640678990527492098
This shithead gave the order to bomb women and children.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
SO they guy trying to wipe out art as well as kill children and pregnant women is named Atroschenko? Man, these writers are hacks.

But seriously though, what a garbage pile of a person. We can only pray he falls out a window sometime soon for his failure to do anything but war crimes.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
50k North Korean spetsnaz + 800k regular North Korean soldiers (+ 500k North Korean PMC) will soon fight on Russian side

but they will for now remain invisible, awaiting the arrival of Russia's best special forces, which until now have been held in reserve :ssh:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1640688733253951490

zone
Dec 6, 2016

North Korean Spetsnaz. Excuse me while I check out for a while and then die of laughter.
:laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

zone posted:

North Korean Spetsnaz. Excuse me while I check out for a while and then die of laughter.
:laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

its no laughing matter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv3L2knNodU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh, so the clown corps?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
50k spetsnaz of Kim

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

WARNING

*Video contains extreme martial arts performance from the start*

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Coincidences.

https://twitter.com/M0nstas/status/1640675908523573249

Btw, do russians crack 1st April jokes?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

I thought countries doing choreographed '''''''martial arts'''''' had been put in the bin by now.

I guess not! I now think NK is big and stronk and now I'm super scared of them.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Power Khan posted:

Coincidences.

https://twitter.com/M0nstas/status/1640675908523573249

Btw, do russians crack 1st April jokes?
Russia calls it Den' smekha/duraka (day of laughter/april fool's day). Coincidentally, Ukrainians also have their own special April Fool's traditions. They call April fool's day Humorina in Odesa. Both countries celebrate it in their own ways.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Tai posted:

I thought countries doing choreographed '''''''martial arts'''''' had been put in the bin by now.

I guess not! I now think NK is big and stronk and now I'm super scared of them.

Send them the greatest hits of early youtube backyard wrestling, and remind them they did all this of their own free will.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

This is like pro wrestling for soldiers

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

My favorite is the guy that runs through the concrete face first

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1640712554594066435?t=N_LYqchCCXgPEz9sHVtHIA&s=19

Getting close

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I hope they aren't stupid enough to actually go for Moscow/Kremlin.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Tai posted:

I hope they aren't stupid enough to actually go for Moscow/Kremlin.

Russia invaded them, moscow/kremlin are fair game and personally i would love to see ukranian soldiers over-running moscow

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Some drones hitting the Kremlin wouldn't do much but what you should ask yourself is what would putin do in return.

e - I also don't want to see Ukraine boots in Moscow

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tai posted:

Some drones hitting the Kremlin wouldn't do much but what you should ask yourself is what would putin do in return.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

The Russian federal government reportedly has delegated the establishment of a new contract force to Russian federal subjects, suggesting that [it] has not learned from the failures of partial mobilization.
ISW article

The Institute for the Study of War posted:

Key Takeaways

•Rumors about the dismissal of Russian Eastern Group of Forces (Eastern Military District) Commander Colonel General Rustam Muradov on March 27 generated a muted and cynical response in the Russian information space.
•Russian milbloggers also had a muted response to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s March 25 announcement to deploy tactical nukes to Belarus, underscoring that Putin’s messaging is aimed at Western rather than domestic Russian audiences.
•Russian military leadership likely committed limited higher quality Wagner Group elements to the offensive on Avdiivka, potentially to reinforce recent limited tactical successes in the area.
•Russian forces made marginal gains around Svatove and Russian forces continue ground attacks along the Kupyansk-Svatove-Kreminna line.
•Russian forces continued ground attacks in and around Bakhmut and made gains within Bakhmut.
•Russian forces continued ground attacks along the Avdiivka-Donetsk City line.
•Russia appears to be increasingly deploying elements of conventional formations in a piecemeal fashion along the entire frontline, including in southern Ukraine.
•Russian authorities continue forming new volunteer battalions subordinate to irregular formations.
•Ukrainian partisans conducted an improvised explosive device (IED) attack against an occupation law enforcement officer in Mariupol, Donetsk Oblast.

And a map:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

As nice as it would be for a drone to crash straight into Putin's office window it hardly seems worth the attempt.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

Russia invaded them, moscow/kremlin are fair game and personally i would love to see ukranian soldiers over-running moscow

Ehhhh....why? I'm annoyed more than anyone of whining about bloodlust posting but yeah that's objectively just wishing for needless death and war crimes.

No, I don't think Ukraine will push on Moscow. That's a tremendous waste of lives. Going on an invasive offense risks actual escalation and lowers support when they simply need to reclaim their territory from last year to unambiguously be victorious.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Tai posted:

Even more war crimes? Use up more of their unreplaceable missiles bombing orphanages and flower shops?

Lol nuking anyone over a couple of small explosions.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I understand the sentiment but I don't think we should be actively hoping for a Ukrainian invasion of Moscow

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Karma Comedian posted:

I understand the sentiment but I don't think we should be actively hoping for a Ukrainian invasion of Moscow

Not an invasion. Special Aerial Operation.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Karma Comedian posted:

A little drone strike as a treat to keep AA guarding Moscow wouldn’t be bad way to tie up resources.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Karma Comedian posted:

All joking aside, me too. Attacking Moscow would not (unless somehow they manage to get rid of Putin in the attack) repel the invaders of Ukraine.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Russia hosed around and is now finding out. If Ukraine sends some drones to harass Moscow to let them know they aren't safe, maybe drop some sexy cowboy pictures in return for the missile that obliterated that barn then so be it.

Putin is a scrub and this idea of escalation and we should be worried about him is absurd. That dude started all this poo poo and has made it clear he'll do horrible awful poo poo just because. He doesn't need justification for anything since he hasn't needed it before.

Putin isn't able to nuke anyone, nor influence anyone with his weak bungled attempt anymore than he already has. To worry about that is exactly what allows people like him to get to where they are and get the rest of us to go ':ohdear: just give them what they want maybe they'll leave us alone what do you mean they've invaded oh no'. That didn't work before and certainly won't work now.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ehhhh....why? I'm annoyed more than anyone of whining about bloodlust posting but yeah that's objectively just wishing for needless death and war crimes.

No, I don't think Ukraine will push on Moscow. That's a tremendous waste of lives. Going on an invasive offense risks actual escalation and lowers support when they simply need to reclaim their territory from last year to unambiguously be victorious.

Do you genuinely think russia will stop unless there are legitimate consequences for them?

Russia wont leave ukraine until theyre satisfied and they wont be satisfied until the ukrainians are dead.

gently caress this "abloo abloo poor russians shouldnt have to deal with foreign soldiers in their land" bullshit. Not quite so loud when its russians in ukraine, are we?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

There is a big difference between harassing and targeted strikes into Moscow (especially with the goal of eliminating military targets and Pooty Tang is absolutely a valid target) and actual boots on the ground. The former is absolutely a defensive act. The latter is not.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As long as civilian targets aren't attacked I don't see a problem with it? :shrug:

The only concern really is if this will get the muscovite riled up a-la Pearl Harbor, or instead get them to actually think about consequences of the war that they're otherwise able to ignore completely now. Putin's gonna warcrime anyway so whatever.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Propaganda drones are a far cry from "ukranian soldiers over-running moscow" and if we were only talking about cowboy nudie pics airdropped in the 'burbs just now I wouldn't have said anything.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Nelson Mandingo posted:

There is a big difference between harassing and targeted strikes into Moscow (especially with the goal of eliminating military targets and Pooty Tang is absolutely a valid target) and actual boots on the ground. The former is absolutely a defensive act. The latter is not.

Bunch of cowards. I demand Ukraine air drop just planeloads of boots on moscow.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Nelson Mandingo posted:

So allied troops on ground in germany during ww2 were wrong, gotcha

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

DandyLion posted:

Bunch of cowards. I demand Ukraine air drop just planeloads of boots on moscow.

Their mobiks are in desperate need

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oh there is absolutely zero moral hazard to Ukraine striking back against Russian leadership. The idea that there would be seems crazy to me. As a practical issue, I just don't see Ukraine as being capable of actually pulling off any serious damage.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

quote:

Russia wont leave ukraine until theyre satisfied and they wont be satisfied until the ukrainians are dead.

One more year of losing at the level they have and Russia won't have a choice but to leave Ukraine alone. They're hemorrhaging men and material so fast they'll have nothing left to fight with.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

Oh there is absolutely zero moral hazard to Ukraine striking back against Russian leadership. The idea that there would be seems crazy to me. As a practical issue, I just don't see Ukraine as being capable of actually pulling off any serious damage.

A lot of people didnt think ukraine would last this long but here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

So allied troops on ground in germany during ww2 were wrong, gotcha