Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Do the Loporrits use a modified Lalafell skeleton/model or are they unique? I ask because they seem to have a LOT of player animations. If this was WoW i'd be speculating that they're gonna be a new race next expansion (this would not work in FF obviously)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm sure they're 90% Lalafell. I want that sassy hands on hips emote and the two-hand wave.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Macaluso posted:

Do the Loporrits use a modified Lalafell skeleton/model or are they unique? I ask because they seem to have a LOT of player animations. If this was WoW i'd be speculating that they're gonna be a new race next expansion (this would not work in FF obviously)

I believe they're unique. It's possible to apply generalized emotes to other skeletons without the same rigging being used. But their general movement doesn't seem to share anything from lalafell, e.g., their idle, walking, and running animations are all quite different, and they don't even have a proper animation for rotating in place.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

<------ see, Vath doing Moonlift Dance despite their wonky nonsense.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The rusty buzzsaw is nice, but is there a knifey-est axe out there somewhere?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Bruceski posted:

Bloodborne 2 lookin good

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/_kimitty_/status/1640365030750429184?t=mJvbLa53Tci9tleMT3uY0A&s=19

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Finally got around to wrapping up endwalker last night, clocking in at a total /playtime of 1296 hours. As a person who swore off the genre after maplestory waaaay back in the day I never expected to find myself loving my time with this game as much as I did. Here's a tiny pic dump since I don't think I've ever actually posted my wol before:

Also I'll put this one behind spoilers since it's from the final ew duty but this is the funniest mid-blink screenshot I've ever taken in my life, my character just looks so incredibly done with this man's poo poo:

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

These pics are fantastic, but this one made me gasp. Wow.

Bruceski posted:

That's a good look! I'm also looking for a good knife-axe. In the mean time, this is what I'm sticking with until I spot something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Crackerjack posted:

These pics are fantastic, but this one made me gasp. Wow.

That's a good look! I'm also looking for a good knife-axe. In the mean time, this is what I'm sticking with until I spot something.

Oh, good choice!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I look forward to the incoming stupidly sexy tonberries

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My irritation is that the body piece dyes the tail the same tone as the robe, which I guess is the only plausible way it could work, but the inconsistency in body-part color if you don't just go monochromeberry bugs me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, I really wish this game had a better dye system. It really lags behind other games on that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The PvP series 3 ends with 6.4, right? I assume we'll get a date for that with the liveletter.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Antivehicular posted:

My irritation is that the body piece dyes the tail the same tone as the robe, which I guess is the only plausible way it could work, but the inconsistency in body-part color if you don't just go monochromeberry bugs me.

This killed my glam idea of replacing the Tonberry head with the Namazu head and I'm very upset about it!!!

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Lookin for group question: My wife and I are looking to work on P8S, but I wasn't sure if the Catgirl Bargains Discord was only for members of the goon FCs. We're only really available saturdays, but we've cleared phase 1 and seen up to High Concept. Any goons care to help 2 folks on Saturdays?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

M.c.P posted:

Lookin for group question: My wife and I are looking to work on P8S, but I wasn't sure if the Catgirl Bargains Discord was only for members of the goon FCs. We're only really available saturdays, but we've cleared phase 1 and seen up to High Concept. Any goons care to help 2 folks on Saturdays?

Anyone's welcome on the Discord server, we don't screen for SA membership

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
E: ^^^ That post far outweighs mine, ignore what I said

Last I saw the goon verification was independent of the game itself, go through that quick process to prove you're you and I'm sure nobody will mind that you're not actually in an fc

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Lala adventure plates? Lala adventure plates!

I love my little gremlin so much.

Tanks:

Casters:

Healers:

Melee DPS:

Ranged DPS:

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Bruceski posted:

The PvP series 3 ends with 6.4, right? I assume we'll get a date for that with the liveletter.

I'm not sure if the live letter will give and exact date, but if not ~1 month after will be a fairly reasonable bet.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Lalafell!

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Lalafell postin'!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I don't have any recent pics because I'm bad/lazy with gpose but I'll always Lalapost the few that I have.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I have been a Lala in the past. I like them, but I also like having legs sometimes.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ahhh!

https://twitter.com/sem_sep/status/1640636575657914368?t=CV9wk0Y69pcXwLEA2Xs-cQ&s=19

So loving good

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It really is incredible, although I find the chosen lyrics for Endcaller (Zodiark's theme) a little disappointing. Considering the original version didn't have any lyrics but the chant sound effect they used sounds like it has what could be lyrics about Zodiark.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

My hot take is that the vast majority of FFXIV songs are best enjoyed without knowing the official lyrics.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/Haurchefent/status/1640595585723166720

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Is there a setting or something for maintaining the class portraits? I find it kind of annoying that it will reset if you change your gear, but it still preserves the settings you had. You just have to make sure and resave your portrait whenever the gear set is changed.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Most of my lalaposting has been on Mastodon these days or discord, but lets see some greatest hits.

As you may be able to tell, Yolocaza has been working in an RP tavern for awhile now.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Nice Lalapope

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Ah, I am inspired. Behold, tancor.

dyslexicfaser
Dec 10, 2022

The little fingies clutched onto the rim really sells it

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The tank is to protect us, not him

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My wind up alt on the right

Our FC wind up alts (except the last on the right, their main is a Lala)

Other assorted Lalaposting:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The gentle likpa!

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

bobtheconqueror posted:

Is there a setting or something for maintaining the class portraits? I find it kind of annoying that it will reset if you change your gear, but it still preserves the settings you had. You just have to make sure and resave your portrait whenever the gear set is changed.
Super annoying when you get a new right-side piece of gear and it resets your portrait, and then you can't reapply the portrait because you're out doing your dailies (and your next roulette pops before you get back to a rest area) so now you have the default one.

It shouldn't even reset the portrait! Nothing on the right side has a way to turn your previously acceptable portrait into something bannable!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

There needs to be a Dalamud plugin that automatically re-saves your portrait when you save your gear set.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Endwalker spoilers I'm in Elpis and hanging out with Venat and Emet-Selch and I just love how surly Emet is at all times :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

quiggy posted:

Endwalker spoilers I'm in Elpis and hanging out with Venat and Emet-Selch and I just love how surly Emet is at all times :allears:

The dude had enough of your poo poo BEFORE living through another 12,000 years of your poo poo.