Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

Not that Disney could ever have real financial problems in the short term, but it doesn't seem great for them that they've somehow managed to give people Marvel fatigue, Star Wars fatigue, and live-action remake fatigue all at the same time.

people are still drinking that garbage though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DementiaEncarnate
Mar 27, 2023

by Fritz the Horse

quote:

Forget Meta Platforms And Buy Disney For The Metaverse
Summary
Meta Platforms releases Q3 earnings.

Meta's early metaverse plans were panned by critics.

Disney can leverage its parks with AR technology.

Julio Aguilar/Getty Images Entertainment

I warned investors of my marketplace subscriber service that Meta Platforms (NASDAQ:META) was heading for further losses at $163. The stock has now shown signs of bottoming at the $123 level that I projected. Any upside in Meta will be slow due to a stagnating Facebook platform and huge investment in a metaverse flop. In this article, I will discuss why Disney (NYSE:DIS) is the better metaverse play.

The metaverse is set to be the future of commerce
In December of 2021, Bloomberg analysis said that metaverse revenues could reach $800 billion by 2024. This was a big increase from an earlier prediction of $500 billion and the cryptocurrency bear market may have pushed that further out.

In another report from analysts at McKinsey, which was written in June 2022, they thought the stakes were higher:

"We estimate it may have a market impact of between $2 trillion and $2.6 trillion on e-commerce by 2030, depending on whether a base or upside case is realized."

Many big-name brands and corporations are entering the metaverse with Walmart (WMT) being a recent adopter. Walmart launched two experiences on the online gaming platform Roblox (RBLX).

The retail giant has an experience that will feature a blimp dropping toys, a music festival, games, and a store of virtual merchandise, or "verch".

Walmart is looking to the future of commerce and how it can combine its physical stores with an online presence.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4549791-meta-platforms-vs-disney-buy-dis-for-metaverse

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/dpakman/status/1640718252543447041

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Quit trying to make "verch" happen.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Basebf555 posted:

Not that Disney could ever have real financial problems in the short term, but it doesn't seem great for them that they've somehow managed to give people Marvel fatigue, Star Wars fatigue, and live-action remake fatigue all at the same time.

You nailed it bud. I had a big plan last year to rewatch all the MCU movies in order just cause and by the 3rd Thor it's just like blech, they're all just green screened cheesy rear end drawn out fight scenes where you know the good guy is gonna power up at the end and win

I could for real care less about the next phase or whatever of comic book movies now lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

Still laughing at the fact that Gina Carano was || that close to having a Disney branded dumptruck pulling up to her door and just unload enough fat stacks of cash that would make Scrooge McDuck jealous, but she couldn't shut the gently caress up about being a fasc piece of poo poo

DementiaEncarnate
Mar 27, 2023

by Fritz the Horse

just what the gently caress is happening with jimmy carter?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/prophethusband/status/1640783383763492871

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
my son is also named Verch

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Basebf555 posted:

Probably bad idea to make like 3 franchise movies a year for the past few years. It was like when everyone was making Western movies in the 50s.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/GarandThumb1/status/1640703237316820994

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Still laughing at the fact that Gina Carano was || that close to having a Disney branded dumptruck pulling up to her door and just unload enough fat stacks of cash that would make Scrooge McDuck jealous, but she couldn't shut the gently caress up about being a fasc piece of poo poo

And just when you thought that self-own was enough, she joined up with Ben Shapiro's movie studio to make a stupid movie about Hunter Biden lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
like, A/R might be neat, but we live in a capitalist hellscape so all it would be used for is putting ads in front of my face for Bass Pro Shops while I’m at Yellowstone or something.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

As soon as guns are given to teachers, the shootings are just going to come from inside the school.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Madonna is chaotic good

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

:911:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

we just wont pay you for the training! haha you teachers and faculty make enough money for it and the guns, right???

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

DementiaEncarnate posted:

just what the gently caress is happening with jimmy carter?

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1633222265931464706?s=20

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

yeah that supposed manifesto is absolutely never going to be released

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

holtemon posted:

And just when you thought that self-own was enough, she joined up with Ben Shapiro's movie studio to make a stupid movie about Hunter Biden lol

Daily Wire made the 8th most expensive Western movie in history with her and only made under a million.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

I take it this individual is pro-choice since abortion only kills liberals, thank you for your service

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

nature is healing

DementiaEncarnate
Mar 27, 2023

by Fritz the Horse

or, you know, you solve the structural problems that are creating a columbine out of every 4th student

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
All the teachers gonna be meeting in the breakroom before class to clean their Desert Eagles and AR-15s

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

same, President Peanut, same

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:captainpop:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DesertIslandHermit posted:

As soon as guns are given to teachers, the shootings are just going to come from inside the school.

*kindergarten teacher teaching math to 1st grader* yup that's right, you take two bullets, add them to three bullets, and you get five, the maximum number of bullets you're legally allowed to have loaded in your .22, because of the gay liberal agenda

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Good Citizen posted:

“It Doesn’t Matter” intensifying.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

hmmmm

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

VR has always been a bottomless failure. But maybe this time

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

holtemon posted:

You nailed it bud. I had a big plan last year to rewatch all the MCU movies in order just cause and by the 3rd Thor it's just like blech, they're all just green screened cheesy rear end drawn out fight scenes where you know the good guy is gonna power up at the end and win

I could for real care less about the next phase or whatever of comic book movies now lol

Why would you put yourself thru that

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

nope. im surprised they even mentioned there was one - it was the police chief that announced they found one.

i wonder whats to stop them from just fabricating it to fit their narrative

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

drat, free mets poster??

DementiaEncarnate
Mar 27, 2023

by Fritz the Horse

External Organs posted:

Quit trying to make "verch" happen.

Your whole company is dependant on it!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

What would I prefer the leading cause of children's death be? That is a very interesting question.

Not the clever refutation he thinks it is. Somebody tell him natural causes.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
"Marvel Fatigue" probably has more to do with everyone too busy playing Hogwarts Legacy right now

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

titty_baby_ posted:

Why would you put yourself thru that

I ask myself that every day lol

I guess it was just nice to not have to scroll through all 6 of my streaming services looking for something to watch and have a list of things ready to go instead

But live and learn!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Remember after parkland when Florida paid for a bunch of armed security in schools but they didn't pay a living wage so a ton of them sold their state issued guns to pay rent

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Buddykins posted:

nope. im surprised they even mentioned there was one - it was the police chief that announced they found one.

i wonder whats to stop them from just fabricating it to fit their narrative

It’s already happening. Bring up transgender. Chuds get mad. New details come out that contradict the initial narrative. Story has already moved on to another shooting at a preschool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DementiaEncarnate
Mar 27, 2023

by Fritz the Horse