Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Real hurthling! posted:

pulse wasnt targeted?

In the trial of his wife evidence of his Google searches that night were introduced and included nothing but stuff like "clubs near me". I believe he tried a few others that had guards outside and then drove to the next one. He had no knowledge it was an lbtq place and it wasn't his first choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbus
May 18, 2004

The Demilich posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1640423005913268227?s=20

Everything I described is in this 20 min segment.

what in the gently caress

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

always fun to remember that Stephen Paddock shot over four hundred people in under 10 minutes.

He also ate two dinners

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wikipedia says 867 on top of the 60 killed, that might include people tripping on each other

What if we just limited it to one gun per person. Or one main gun and a secondary. Chris Rock's bullet control model.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

goochtit posted:

It really is remarkable how little of a cultural imprint the deadliest US mass shooting seems to have made
i thought sandy hook was the moment most people gave up, but lol oh man the paddock shooting was a full retreat

he shot almost five hundred loving people and nothing changed! virtually anyone with a credit card could do it again tomorrow!

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Love Rat posted:

They also won't bother with the fact that the overwhelming number of shooters are cis-gendered straight males (with a pretty high portion of those being white). They don't give a flying gently caress about evidence.

It's such an easy argument to refute. But they literally don't care.

“They were no angel. We can sin as much as we want, though.”
You are right, the chuds don’t care. Even if every Trans person wore a suit and voted straight ticket Republican, it wouldn’t be enough.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Inspector Hound posted:

Wikipedia says 867 on top of the 60 killed, that might include people tripping on each other
60 murdered on top of 413 injured by gunfire

and nothing changed lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TenementFunster posted:

60 murdered on top of 413 injured by gunfire

and nothing changed lol

Wrong. Trump instantly banned bump stocks in a unilateral move, making him the most anti gun president of the millennium

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Mass shootings have now been going on long enough that people will get nostalgic for the mass shootings of previous generations. "I miss it when mass shooters used to shoot up their own schools and workplaces, these new guys that just pick a target have no class!"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
what gun are y'all buying to commemorate the latest shooting? I'm thinking a .45

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

10mm since they were probably 10 years old

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I haven’t seen this commented much upon, but there’s something eerie about several of these shooters shooting up their old elementary schools. Like, they’ve been so disconnected for so long the only space they feel any kind of meaningful emotional connection to is the school they went to 20 years ago.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

mastershakeman posted:

Wrong. Trump instantly banned bump stocks in a unilateral move, making him the most anti gun president of the millennium
nah, you’re wrong. trump knew it would never take effect, and it didn’t. his freaks on the fifth circuit were more than happy to take out his trash.

porfiria posted:

I haven’t seen this commented much upon, but there’s something eerie about several of these shooters shooting up their old elementary schools. Like, they’ve been so disconnected for so long the only space they feel any kind of meaningful emotional connection to is the school they went to 20 years ago.
maybe but mostly it’s just really easy to murder children with an AR-15

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The Demilich posted:

lmao

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i was a member of the trench coat mafia.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Radirot posted:

i was a member of the trench coat mafia.

la coatsa nostra

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003
A friend of mine in Nashville got shot in the leg while at the bar on Friday night. Some guy got into a fight in the bar, and a gun fell out of his pants in the struggle. He got kicked out but came back soon after with another gun and shot randomly into the bar. Wrong place, wrong time.

He's fine, and spent all weekend on sweet sweet legally prescribed fentanyl. Don't think the MNPD are going to be focusing on that case at the moment though lmao

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
One of my coworkers was a survivor of the Vegas shooting. One of my friends was in the shooting at the parade near Chicago last year. I remember him posting to our chat group that he was okay even when we just talked two hours ago. That's when I found out.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

goochtit posted:

It really is remarkable how little of a cultural imprint the deadliest US mass shooting seems to have made
I think it's partly because we (so the FBI claims) have absolutely no idea why he did it. He's a blank sheet.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
tbh - maybe I’m cynical but not sure why 60 at once would move the needle if 50k americans dying to guns every year doesn’t

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

So no

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Vomik posted:

tbh - maybe I’m cynical but not sure why 60 at once would move the needle if 50k americans dying to guns every year doesn’t

9/11 "mattered" and people keep thinking that was because of the 3,000 or so people that died.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

McCracAttack posted:

9/11 "mattered" and people keep thinking that was because of the 3,000 or so people that died.

It was made clear that was a property damage issue.

Hell we lost over a million and counting to covid and no one cares. Life is cheep in the west

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

If you care about the loss of life in America you are part of a vanishingly small minority. Americans do not give a single poo poo about anyone.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
If the trend with shooters starts being towards people who are actually important and for an actual goal, that’s where I feel the line is.

Up to now it’s just bitch rear end little kids and peasants at social events, aka nobody important. Get a legislature or an executive board and now we’re gonna start hearing about assault rifle bans

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

skooma512 posted:

If the trend with shooters starts being towards people who are actually important and for an actual goal, that’s where I feel the line is.

Up to now it’s just bitch rear end little kids and peasants at social events, aka nobody important. Get a legislature or an executive board and now we’re gonna start hearing about assault rifle bans

Steve Scalise was and is pretty important, but that shooting didn't get treated any differently than the others.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
he got shot in the nuts and then advocated for fewer gun laws

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I remember like 5-7 years ago I think something like 7 cops got murdered in Dallas in one night by one shooter? And then like 5 got murdered in a totally different city a week later? You'd think chuds would care if cops of all people (who they worship) were victims of mass shootings that maybe something needs to be done about the gun situation but LOL nope.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

The Demilich posted:

every presidents statement after a mass shooting: somber tone, what a terrible tragedy
Biden: I love ice cream and kids

This Jeni's Ice Cream psyop is melting my brain.

Twerk from Home posted:

Steve Scalise was and is pretty important, but that shooting didn't get treated any differently than the others.

That senator was shot in June 2017, and then Las Vegas shooting happened in October 2017. A senator was shot and the biggest mass shooting occurred in the same year, but still nothing was done. Also during the Vegas shooting, a security guard discovered a barricaded door and was shot and informed hotel security 5 minutes before the mass shooting. It still took cops over 90 minutes to find and take down the shooter. So cops being useless is nothing new either.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

every presidents statement after a mass shooting: somber tone, what a terrible tragedy
Biden: I love ice cream and kids

This Jeni's Ice Cream psyop is melting my brain.

That senator was shot in June 2017, and then Las Vegas shooting happened in October 2017. A senator was shot and the biggest mass shooting occurred in the same year, but still nothing was done. Also during the Vegas shooting, a security guard discovered a barricaded door and was shot and informed hotel security 5 minutes before the mass shooting. It still took cops over 90 minutes to find and take down the shooter. So cops being useless is nothing new either.

meh Scalise is a rep not a senator and no one cares about them, there's like 500 of em

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
" The officers approach the sound of gunfire and Engelbert, armed with an assault-style rifle, rounds a corner and fires multiple times at a person near a large window, who drops to the ground, the video shows.

Collazo then pushes forward and appears to shoot the person on the ground four times with a handgun, yelling, “Stop moving!” The officers finally approach the person, move a gun away and then radio, “Suspect down! Suspect down!"

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

drat those pigs released that body cam footage at the speed of light

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
honestly, good. if cops can do one thing right it’s quickly take out the mass shooters

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Yeah the modern policing mindset where you're basically carrying out war against anyone who triggers a 911 call is appropriate for situations like this and only situations like this. The ideal policing setup is that you have a few people who do this kind of stuff and then a bunch of social workers for everything else

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Yeah the modern policing mindset where you're basically carrying out war against anyone who triggers a 911 call is appropriate for situations like this and only situations like this. The ideal policing setup is that you have a few people who do this kind of stuff and then a bunch of social workers for everything else

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The US: We only have solutions to problems you can shoot*

*efficacy may vary

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

mark immune posted:

la coatsa nostra

:worship:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Vomik posted:

In the Marines! Outstanding! Those individuals showed what one motivated marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will be able to do the same thing!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Civilized Fishbot posted:

also lots and lots of lawyers and auditors and poo poo. "Law Enforcement" is also EPA, OSHA, NLRB, IRS, CFTC, FTC, etc. white collar crime is vastly underenforced or just not at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
the important facts reported

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1640768716714508290?s=20