Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I would rather have material bombs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
I hope meat arrows are real

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cartoon Man posted:

I don’t see a sheika slate in any of the trailers and I also don’t see a blue sheika slate bomb in that sequence you’re referencing. It looks more like a rock that’s been fused with something to make it explode. I’m hoping you can fuse anything to have an explosive property, like meat.

Ah, yeah I think you're right.
Maybe that pole he's using turns items fused to it into explosives?

Seeing as how the mechanical parts have a battery life, I'm very curious how we will be able to expand that and how complex we can get with machines.

Modders are gonna make a Gundam.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I will be incredibly mad if they get rid of Stasis the funniest power.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope they let you combine weapons with that as well

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

Great looking trailer. Can't wait to play the new Zelda in beautiful 480p upscaled on the fanastic hardware of the Nintendo Switch!

gonna cry?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
If fusing bombs to weapons is real, I will make so much dumb poo poo. Bomb swords. Bomb hammers. Bomb sticks. Bomb shields. Bomb everything

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope there is some springy poo poo you can attach to your shield as then bounce off it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
ToTK looking good, though I'm having trouble getting hyped over the sky islands thing. I feel like it may get annoying or repetitive

Other than the sky islands looking meh though everything else looks solid and I'm glad weapon durability is back. Plus they said they have lots more to show and there'll be plenty of new poo poo so I'm hopeful this will be more than "BotW but with a sky ocean on top"

The new powers seem very fun, especially love how adding monster parts to weapons can influence their traits

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Electric Phantasm posted:

hopefully they'll have some sort of Temple of Time Turnip that has a similar effect that you can slap onto a stick

or maybe your new powers can be improved or changed and Recall can be modified to be like Stasis again

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I'm crying tears of joy right now, as the new Zelda looks even more awesome.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I want two main changes, other than a new plot...

A) quick cooking with some sort of recipe book. Have the materials? Choose the meal (that you had to discover first) from a list, and it'll use up those materials.

2) OoT-like fishing.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Looks like Link has Batman venom vials, we’re getting Bane Link

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Can't wait to make a real long pitchfork and stab enemies on the new Zelda OLED switch I was able to preorder.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Will I cry over the aggressive resolution scaling, anti-aliasing, and low res textures that all together make the game look like it's 3 generations old? Probably not.

For weapon durability still being in the game though? Maybe.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
meltdown march continuing as expected

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
1st party Nintendo Switch games famously do not use any anti-aliasing. Try harder troll.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I already preordered the special edition OLED Switch and the controller and the case. I already have an OLED Switch. I have a problem.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
when people ask me my favorite features of a game, i always say things like: resolution scaling, anti-aliasing, whatever the hell "post-processing" is

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I already preordered the special edition OLED Switch and the controller and the case. I already have an OLED Switch. I have a problem.
The problem is that you have too much money, and I found a way that I could personally solve that problem for you. Check your PMs.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

American McGay posted:

1st party Nintendo Switch games famously do not use any anti-aliasing. Try harder troll.

Ah right, it's not ant-aliasing, it's just poorly done aggressive depth of field and super low res shadow effects trying to mask a resolution so poorly upscaled that everything over 30 feet away looks like it could have come straight out of Minecraft.

My bad.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fundamentally I still see little reason to actually engage in combat.

Now you can get monster parts to make cool weapons... But I don't need cool weapons if I mostly avoid combat. Like in the last one I had no reason to spend my weapons to get more weapons, the only thing I had to actually fight was in a shrine, challenge, or divine beast.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I recommend relaxing and playing vidoe games instead of giving a poo poo about fake things like "framerate" or "resolution"

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The game is gonna look cool when I play it on my TV, that's all I give a poo poo about.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Now you can get monster parts to make cool weapons... But I don't need cool weapons if I mostly avoid combat. Like in the last one I had no reason to spend my weapons to get more weapons, the only thing I had to actually fight was in a shrine, challenge, or divine beast.

So you only have to engage in combat when you're in a focused gameplay section rather than exploring the world. Is there an open world game where that isn't the case

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

Ah right, it's not ant-aliasing, it's just poorly done aggressive depth of field and super low res shadow effects trying to mask a resolution so poorly upscaled that everything over 30 feet away looks like it could have come straight out of Minecraft.

My bad.

:frogout:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the sheikah slate was a wii u tablet so this time link has turned his arm into a joycon

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I recommend relaxing and playing vidoe games instead of giving a poo poo about fake things like "framerate" or "resolution"

I'm sorry, Digital Foundry doesn't have charts for "relaxing" and "playing" so I don't know how much of that each game has.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The best looking 3D game this year is a remake of a gamecube game. The best looking game overall is a 2D game about pizza. As long as Zelda doesn’t run less than 30 fps it will be fine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The best looking 3D game this year is a remake of a gamecube game. The best looking game overall is a 2D game about pizza. As long as Zelda doesn’t run less than 30 fps it will be fine.

Bayonetta Origins!!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Postman posted:

i'm gonna make so many monster squashing flying deathtraps with boulders and weapons pointing down

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Lol, just use the consumables that's why they give you so many of them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

GreatGreen posted:

Great looking trailer. Can't wait to play the new Zelda in beautiful 480p upscaled on the fanastic hardware of the Nintendo Switch!

I guess not ALL of us have a release year Switch that can be overclocked... :smugbert:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Bayonetta Origins!!

I’m still going to give it to metroid but yeah Bayonetta Origins is visually amazing and pleasing to look at over anything my PS5 has shown me so far.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the best game of 2023 is xenoblade chronicles 2 because i played it in 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I’m still going to give it to metroid but yeah Bayonetta Origins is visually amazing and pleasing to look at over anything my PS5 has shown me so far.

I thought you were talking about RE4make funnily enough

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I thought you were talking about RE4make funnily enough

RE4 remake is nice looking but doesn’t wow me. Feels very similar to other games in terms of aesthetics. Gameplay wise it’s amazing.

In terms of visuals, I prefer games that go for a more timeless look. Which is why Jet Grind Radio is still one of the best looking games today.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that said playing xc2 before xc3 was probably a mistake because i was xenobladed out by the time i got to like i guess the halfway point in xc3, but by then i was significantly preferring xc2 anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

In terms of visuals, I prefer games that go for a more timeless look. Which is why Jet Grind Radio is still one of the best looking games today.

On that note, port Future to pc, cowards