Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

that reminds me of a while back when I made an admittedly very bad post in a stream of consciousness fit of anxiety about a bunch of poo poo bothering me at the time, including about my little sister being murdered, and some psycho goon with goose in their username thought the appropriate response was to link me to a snuff film of a woman being decapitated iirc under the guise that it was a link to online therapy

They got banned for it but nowadays it'd probably be a perma

Jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That would 100% be a perma today even without the part about your sister.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

The code garglers are going down tonight

:hmmyes:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

TheSwizzler posted:

The code garglers are going down tonight

glad to see they’re learning to be considerate lovers at last

rox
Sep 7, 2016

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
It’s the place to be.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Chode garglers

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Invictus posted:

that reminds me of a while back when I made an admittedly very bad post in a stream of consciousness fit of anxiety about a bunch of poo poo bothering me at the time, including about my little sister being murdered, and some psycho goon with goose in their username thought the appropriate response was to link me to a snuff film of a woman being decapitated iirc under the guise that it was a link to online therapy

Jesus loving Christ dude, nobody should have that happen to them.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

:kstare:

that is hosed up, and it is hosed up that there are people here that want to go back to that kind of interaction.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

holy poo poo thats completely hosed

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh my god

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't get why someone would do that.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Zesty posted:

What did Elentor get banned for again? Something discord related? I chanced across an old PM they sent me. I think they meant it for someone else? Just amazingly aggro out of nowhere.

There is a weird curse on the Path of Exile thread that turns every well-regarded poster into a bizarre little creep outside the forums. My own funny example is the vaunted Larry Parrish, because my only encounter with him outside of SA was when he went on a 15 minute tangent in in-game chat theorizing how big Ben Shapiros sisters tits were, to the chorus of the entire PoE goon channel repeatedly telling him to shut the gently caress up.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Control Volume posted:

There is a weird curse on the Path of Exile thread that turns every well-regarded poster into a bizarre little creep outside the forums. My own funny example is the vaunted Larry Parrish, because my only encounter with him outside of SA was when he went on a 15 minute tangent theorizing how big Ben Shapiros sisters tits were, to the chorus of the entire PoE goon channel repeatedly telling him to shut the gently caress up.

Lmao gently caress yeah. RIP little guy

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Captain Invictus posted:

There should be a retroactive perma for this imo

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Control Volume posted:

There is a weird curse on the Path of Exile thread that turns every well-regarded poster into a bizarre little creep outside the forums. My own funny example is the vaunted Larry Parrish, because my only encounter with him outside of SA was when he went on a 15 minute tangent in in-game chat theorizing how big Ben Shapiros sisters tits were, to the chorus of the entire PoE goon channel repeatedly telling him to shut the gently caress up.

lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

because they are mad at their posting enemies? i'm less surprised that it happened and more surprised that it's not happening somewhere here at this very moment, tbh.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Control Volume posted:

lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Seth Pecksniff posted:

There should be a retroactive perma for this imo

Yeah, legit contact an admin if this person is still posting. I suspect most would just perma out of pocket for that, and rightly so.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When you gargle code, your mouth makes modem noises.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Control Volume posted:

lmao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Control Volume posted:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Paladinus posted:

that's called a jeffery. mr. yospos if you're nasty.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Captain Invictus posted:

The person that did this is garbage and I'm sorry this happened to you

Paladinus posted:

astral please c/d?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Control Volume posted:

Free him

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

it was in the era of helldump I believe, so some people took things to another level, people mockingly refer to some things on here as helldumping, but nothing really compared to actual helldump, that poo poo was hosed. I mean, my post was really bad unfiltered stream of consciousness stressposting, and a lot of people hate me. Clearly that justifies what they did to get in an own on me.

I'm almost positive I saw their username on...something sensitive or whatever that offsite is, when it got linked to to me because I think there was a mock thread/post about me there, which would absolutely explain the "why"; because they're monstrous enough to post on SS. I don't remember the exact username though, I think it might've been something like "Duck Equals Goose"?

Control Volume posted:

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

big duck equals goose

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Big duck equals goose?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=105355

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I host a virtual bad movie night event online every Saturday (like MST3K) and two worlds comes to my event sometimes. He's gotten a whole lot less two worlds-ish, you'd hardly recognize him from his forums days. dude's got himself a decent job, stable living situation, a friend group, dude's doing a lot better than when he was talking about The Brute

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh, I found the guy. it was Big Duck Equals Goose.

just a horrific human being judging by their rap sheet

and I was a bit off, it was in 2013. the thread was a stream of consciousness after having a nervous breakdown from having my supervisor at work show me and a bunch of other coworkers a video of a (content loving warning)middle eastern man decapitating his bound and gagged wife with a butter knife for supposedly cheating on him and my supervisor finding the video hilarious, and the fallout stemming from that. I had what I think was a psychotic break, just a total brain chemical overload, and had to leave work, and made a terrible post about it right afterward which got semi-rightfully dunked on by a lot of people. But then people like him hopped in and went to town, and eventually got to doing poo poo like trying to trick me into going to some snuff website.

like I doubt he'd ever return anyways since he definitely doesn't fit with modern SA, but that's totally the sort of poo poo I've seen early oughts goons do before because it's ~hilarious~

edit: yeah that's the guy

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 28, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
One of the crazier parts of the Elentor saga was that she decided to take a victory lap about her "sick own" on the LP discord of all places, then when everyone unanimously asked what the gently caress was wrong with her, she started switching between typing like Sephiroth and tone policing people for being mad at her.

Like it was "I only survived my dark past by becoming a bad person, unlike those too weak to survive" followed by "excuse me sweetie but you're being very hostile right now" up until she got booted. She legit thought she was going to get cheers and high fives

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Danaru posted:

One of the crazier parts of the Elentor saga was that she decided to take a victory lap about her "sick own" on the LP discord of all places, then when everyone unanimously asked what the gently caress was wrong with her, she started switching between typing like Sephiroth and tone policing people for being mad at her.

Like it was "I only survived my dark past by becoming a bad person, unlike those too weak to survive" followed by "excuse me sweetie but you're being very hostile right now" up until she got booted. She legit thought she was going to get cheers and high fives

So the person who did the FFVII lp legitimately thought she was essentially Cloud having a mental breakdown... and that this was good because it made her tough.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Danaru posted:

Like it was "I only survived my dark past by becoming a bad person, unlike those too weak to survive"

Thats just what everyone from Brazil says

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

might replay yakuza 0

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

oh, I found the guy. it was Big Duck Equals Goose.

just a horrific human being judging by their rap sheet

and I was a bit off, it was in 2013. the thread was a stream of consciousness after having a nervous breakdown from having my supervisor at work show me and a bunch of other coworkers a video of a (content loving warning)middle eastern man decapitating his bound and gagged wife with a butter knife for supposedly cheating on him and my supervisor finding the video hilarious, and the fallout stemming from that. I had what I think was a psychotic break, just a total brain chemical overload, and had to leave work, and made a terrible post about it right afterward which got semi-rightfully dunked on by a lot of people. But then people like him hopped in and went to town, and eventually got to doing poo poo like trying to trick me into going to some snuff website.

like I doubt he'd ever return anyways since he definitely doesn't fit with modern SA, but that's totally the sort of poo poo I've seen early oughts goons do before because it's ~hilarious~

edit: yeah that's the guy
Christ, I'm really surprised that wasn't a permaban as recently as 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm pretty sure it was a permanbannable thing. Not sure what happened except :lol: modmins win again

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

And the last two bans mention the poster requesting a perma so... Why not?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

No you don't understand the guy WANTED a perma, therefore he shouldn't have one, because we have to present as capricious and flighty in order to keep up appearances

god Xylo sucked rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am in favor of going back and dropping a 9 year overdue perma on the account, preferably also calling xylo a dweeb in the entry