Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

"Haha my fellow workers, don't bosses suck?"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Trying to corner the coveted Dilbert market

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: best edit

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

So the crucifix becomes... a crosshair aimed at a practice target?

Hey! Stiglich sucks at cartooning, everyone!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

No.

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

I don't know Michael, but I guess it's too soon to ask without being political?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pants Donkey posted:

Let’s see how many cartoonists don’t know what a trans man is

It begins

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Given how Stiglich has drawn trans women in the past, I firmly believe that this lazy mess was the result of a fervent desire to be the first one to put out a cartoon on it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Skios posted:

Given how Stiglich has drawn trans women in the past, I firmly believe that this lazy mess was the result of a fervent desire to be the first one to put out a cartoon on it.

It's such a mess that I missed the error in his description until your mention. From what I've read the suspect was first reported to be woman, then it was reported that they had listed pronouns he/him on LinkedIn or such. Which would make the shooter a trans man. It remains to be confirmed what their actual deal was but it looks like Stiglich managed to get the option that no one has reported.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/GadzooksB/status/1640356462278103040?t=CRi3128oCVQ3ieXswmANPw&s=19

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nominations: Laziest Non-Gorrell, gently caress You, Least Concealed Bigotry (Transphobia)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Stiglich calibrates his Switch controller.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

We actually were making headway with Iran and normalizing relations with the nuclear power deal and relaxing sanctions. Then the GOP torpedoed the deal and Trump assassinated one their folk hero generals because he could. Why the gently caress would Iran ever trust us again? Biden sucks but he isn’t the one that drove Iran to China

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

We actually were making headway with Iran and normalizing relations with the nuclear power deal and relaxing sanctions. Then the GOP torpedoed the deal and Trump assassinated one their folk hero generals because he could. Why the gently caress would Iran ever trust us again? Biden sucks but he isn’t the one that drove Iran to China

If that's true, then why am I spending so much time blaming Biden?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
"Transsexual politics" in Uncle Sam's woke bin. So like, Branco is upset that people decided it's not cool for their team to pick a new out-group to hate? Because I didn't hear poo poo about transsexuals in politics until conservatives decided to punish them for existing.

Neito posted:

If that's true, then why am I spending so much time blaming Biden?
It's only Derangement Syndrome if the poo poo you're worried about is actually true.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

U.S. DOLLAR
THE
YUAN

real cool of him to write in that stupid fake chinese font too

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Nenonen posted:

It's such a mess that I missed the error in his description until your mention. From what I've read the suspect was first reported to be woman, then it was reported that they had listed pronouns he/him on LinkedIn or such. Which would make the shooter a trans man. It remains to be confirmed what their actual deal was but it looks like Stiglich managed to get the option that no one has reported.

Dollar to donuts that Stiglich and the rest of the lovely rightwingers are still going to say and continue to say a trans woman did this, regardless of any facts, just so they can keep pushing hate.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Dollar to donuts that Stiglich and the rest of the lovely rightwingers are still going to say and continue to say a trans woman did this, regardless of any facts, just so they can keep pushing hate.

Elon Musk already replied to a tweet saying as much.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

At this point I'm not even sure if I have enough information to know if this person was trans at all. Is the only thing supporting this that they used used "he/him" pronouns in a few online profiles?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Starmer preventing Corbyn standing at next election – Jeremy Corbyn will not stand as a Labour MP at the next general election, Keir Starmer will confirm at Tuesday’s NEC meeting"

Telegraph:

Humza Yousaf narrowly beats Kate Forbes in SNP race

Matt:

What Prince Harry is up to on his surprise visit (attending the court case against the Daily Mail)

Times:

Evening Standard:

William Hill to pay record £19 million penalty for ‘alarming’ social responsibility failings

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

At this point I'm not even sure if I have enough information to know if this person was trans at all. Is the only thing supporting this that they used used "he/him" pronouns in a few online profiles?
I heard their manifesto mentioned deadnaming, but I’ve been traveling so I haven’t been able to confirm.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

These may be out of order:

Le Monde

Israël : la rue fait reculer Netanyahou/The streets make Netanyahu back up by Kichka from Israel

by Chappatte from Switzerland
Charles III's visit cancelled
"For once I had someone I could talk to..."

Charlie Hebdo

The brave officers of the Moto Brigade are denied action against the strikers
"It's heartbreaking that they can't make these f****ts pick their balls up from the street."
"I understand you only too well my friend!"

I get the impression that their putting on the linguistic airs of bourgeois French people. I'm not sure because it's not the circles I run in, so I don't know how they're supposed to talk.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

I heard their manifesto mentioned deadnaming, but I’ve been traveling so I haven’t been able to confirm.

I think I'm just not going to believe anyone about anything on this shooting for the next week or so.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fister Roboto posted:

I think I'm just not going to believe anyone about anything on this shooting for the next week or so.

See what the conservatives say the facts are, and then reasonably assume the opposite.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh man, what a damning quote!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label
N'ville, seriously? I have never heard anyone call it that, and I spent close to 15 years working with actual southerners in the deep south.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I wonder if that's pronounced EN-ville or NUH-ville

::looks it up::

Oh, it's pronounced "Mike Lester beats his wife"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

skeleton warrior posted:

I wonder if that's pronounced EN-ville or NUH-ville

::looks it up::

Oh, it's pronounced "Mike Lester beats his wife"

Considering it's Lester, he probably just saw the letter N and he reflexively threw in an asterisk to finish out the rest of the word.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm going to scream if Mike Lester ends up having the least lovely take on this.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
Stupid question, but i assume that is not an actual quote, is it?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

JamesBont posted:

lol

quote:

“My name is Joe Biden. I’m Dr. Jill Biden’s husband,” the 80-year-old president began his remarks at an East Room gathering of women-owned businesses.

“And I eat Jeni’s ice cream — chocolate chip. I came down because I heard there was chocolate chip ice cream,” he said.

“By the way, I have a whole refrigerator full upstairs,” Biden added at his only scheduled public appearance of the day. “You think I’m kidding? I’m not.”
i'm sure they would have reacted mature and civilized if he used the time to call for action on gun violence in america. huh. he did that the last couple of times and...oh...oh no they did not.

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 28, 2023

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

The Aston by-election is this weekend, caused by former human services Alan Tudge quitting amidst the Robodebt commission. By all usual metrics the Liberals should retain the seat; if they don't it won't look good for Dutton.

Katauskas:

Le Lievre:

Wilcox:

Broelman:

Golding:

Daniel Andrews to begin trade trip to China amid criticism over transparency (Guardian). Andrews isn't bringing any Australian journalists with him on the trip.

Spooner:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hey rear end in a top hat, how exactly do nuclear submarines, or the lack thereof, influence school shootings?

Kellies Nomination: Worst Two Things Happened
Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense
Kellies Nomination: Most Internationally Tone Deaf
Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy
Kellies Nomination: gently caress You, Broelman

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 29, 2023

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

JamesBont posted:

Lol I assumed it wasn't real, just a somewhat exaggerated impression, but it pretty much was

Oh well the government pretty much runs itself, even if we had a lucid coherent figurehead in the Oval Office trains of toxic waste would be crashing just as much, so I wouldn't worry too much about president goodbrains.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

VitalSigns posted:

Lol I assumed it wasn't real, just a somewhat exaggerated impression, but it pretty much was

Oh well the government pretty much runs itself, even if we had a lucid coherent figurehead in the Oval Office trains of toxic waste would be crashing just as much, so I wouldn't worry too much about president goodbrains.
My understand is it's a real quote (minus "unintelligible") and a bit stitched together, the catch is the conference wasn't supposed to be about the shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

My understand is it's a real quote (minus "unintelligible") and a bit stitched together, the catch is the conference wasn't supposed to be about the shooting.

Ah yeah that's the lie, the topic of the event