Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Let he who is without probes cast the first dunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

can y'all move on from petty rapsheet slapfights and talk about the loving game please

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I just unlocked more loadout slots and this is the first time I'm learning that there are now loadouts in the game.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Bug hat on strand titan is very good and fun in pvp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kith posted:

can y'all move on from petty rapsheet slapfights and talk about the loving game please

Oh I bet you'd like that, you motherfucking..... *squints* Air Combat long play watcher?

Anyway, hey, grapple melee, what keybinds are you guys using for that poo poo.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie wrote 10,000 words about how Master Raids didn't hit the mark and then proceeded to

- Make them harder

- Got rid of Extra Perks

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Buzzard with Kinetic Tremors looks like it'll be fun but what other perk should I go for?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie wrote 10,000 words about how Master Raids didn't hit the mark and then proceeded to

- Make them harder

- Got rid of Extra Perks

Yeah, I was super excited for enhancing adepts when it was first announced, because with 7 possible perks if it rolls 2 the odds of getting a specific combo is 8% which sounds reasonable. With only a single perk the odds of a specific combo is 2% which is way more spoils than I'm willing to gamble with. I'm just going to be happy with crafted.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom

Kith posted:

Someone with your rap sheet would say that

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roctavian posted:

Buzzard with Kinetic Tremors looks like it'll be fun but what other perk should I go for?

Overflow is really good on PvE guns

4ttC has nice synergy with Kinetic Tremors

Pulse Monitor will reload your gun pretty much any time an enemy so much as glances at you.

Buzzard looks like an excellent gun, for both PvE and for PvP

(can't run Buzzard in the Immortal (Adept) slot lol)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MJeff posted:

Oh I bet you'd like that, you motherfucking..... *squints* Air Combat long play watcher?

Chappy posted:

Someone with your rap sheet would say that

i sentence you both to Nightmare Hunts

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

Yknow, speaking of, when they posted all that stuff about making Nightmare and Empire Hunts harder, I really thought they were going to like... Add something to the Rewards side of the equation.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was not prepared for this week's story beats, particularly Zavala having a long speech about death. :gonk:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yknow, speaking of, when they posted all that stuff about making Nightmare and Empire Hunts harder, I really thought they were going to like... Add something to the Rewards side of the equation.

empire hunts and nightmare hunts deserve to be folded into Vanguard Ops. then the rewards would make sense

seriously though the difficulty:reward ratio has been completely hosed since lightfall launched, things are in a dire state atm. the vendor refresh has been very good but activity reward drops have been poop from a butt.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

- Make them harder

- Got rid of Extra Perks

https://twitter.com/livncerealbowl/status/1640858954887573506?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Tassi doesn’t know how to read, all his opinions and theories suck and have no basis in anything, and he played TERF game and got insanely defensive about it. his poo poo is an epic no-click zone

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kith posted:

activity reward drops have been poop from a butt.

Defiant battlegrounds have been good at dropping red borders, as long as you have the keys for them. I don't think there will be much point to the legendary versions aside from the triumph, though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Tassi doesn’t know how to read, all his opinions and theories suck and have no basis in anything, and he played TERF game and got insanely defensive about it. his poo poo is an epic no-click zone

To confirm, by "Extra Perks" I don't mean "Enhanced" perks. I mean like how the other Master Raid weapons have a 2x2 grid of selectable perks

These are officially the only Adept weapons in the entire game that lack a bonus/extra/selectable perk

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

To confirm, by "Extra Perks" I don't mean "Enhanced" perks. I mean like how the other Master Raid weapons have a 2x2 grid of selectable perks

These are officially the only Adept weapons in the entire game that lack a bonus/extra/selectable perk

I assume there’s some under-the-hood reason why we can’t have guns with both selectable and enhanced perks.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I assume there’s some under-the-hood reason why we can’t have guns with both selectable and enhanced perks.

Then if you ask me, they made them shits worse!!!

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom

Kith posted:

Take it back

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Are you telling me that you can get weapons that are very good in PVP by playing and winning the sweaty PVP mode. That's bunk.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay I just did my first RoN and it was....really....really easy.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
???

https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1640745579616632834?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Bleck posted:

Are you telling me that you can get weapons that are very good in PVP by playing and winning the sweaty PVP mode. That's bunk.

One of the best PvP guns in the game right now, the ikelos smg, was dropping from the seasonal activity all last season. I honestly can’t think of a single gun I use a lot in PvP (I don’t usually PvP, but when I do…) that came from a raid or dungeon or even another PvP mode. A good PvP gun is one that you can kill mans with and that is going to be a different gun for everyone.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MJeff posted:

Many suspect it was a Dungeon that got revised to a Raid! The first encounter in particular feels a lot like the intro to mechanics at the start of Spire of the Watcher

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The last IB was delayed a week because they wanted to fix a bug, so the next one is happening sooner than usual

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The season is all hosed because Guardian Games is the final like 2-3 weeks or something, and IB was only a 'twice a season treat' until they changed course on that VERY recently. Even before the Trials/IB switcheroo the schedule was crazy at Iron Banner every 3 weeks!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

At least I'll have a shot at another few extra pinnacles then since this week is hosed for me

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

PERMACAV 50 posted:

One of the best PvP guns in the game right now, the ikelos smg, was dropping from the seasonal activity all last season. I honestly can’t think of a single gun I use a lot in PvP (I don’t usually PvP, but when I do…) that came from a raid or dungeon or even another PvP mode. A good PvP gun is one that you can kill mans with and that is going to be a different gun for everyone.

My favorite PVP weapons have been Dead Man's Tale and and Funnelweb (to replace my dear departed Recluse), so far. Dead Man's Tale apparently used to be somehow better and that frightens me.

I also really like the feel of The Manticore but the perk does not help me win out scuffles as often as it does Get Me Killed. I'm hoping they maybe redo that one to feel a bit better, someday.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I suck at PvP and I was astonished at how many kills I was able to get using my crafted Ikelos with PvE traits; I might just craft another one specifically to make PvP for next IB

e: god dammit I think their fix to the empowered finisher thing fucks up loadouts. Try this and see if it happens to you too: have a loadout with some finisher type thing in the class item, say the one that gives grenade energy. Then have another, separate loadout that has lets say empowered finisher in it. Equip one of them and hover over the other one, you'll see it marked as "contains invalid mods" with specifically the different mod in your class item being x-ed out despite the fact that in THAT loadout, it's fine. Now equip that loadout and notice that your finisher mod did not change with it; it's still the one from the first loadout. You have to manually switch it to the one you want. And then when you do that and swap back to to the first loadout you'll have the same issue.

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 29, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

I'd like to say my first run was easy too but I barely interacted with the mechanics. Fun as hell though, sure beats failing endlessly on the leviathan gauntlet. Thanks goons for a good run

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Many suspect it was a Dungeon that got revised to a Raid! The first encounter in particular feels a lot like the intro to mechanics at the start of Spire of the Watcher

That seems too goofy to be true but it seems straight up not balanced for six people.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MJeff posted:

That seems too goofy to be true but it seems straight up not balanced for six people.

https://youtu.be/5bZjIQJMIMM

Straight up solo Nezarec and there’s another video I saw yesterday of someone solo flawless from start to Macrocosm (which has also been soloed). It won’t be long before you see a full solo clear.

JamesJBuffalkill
Sep 14, 2004
A Textbook for an SA Account. I'm Sold!
Sorry to distract from all the high level/end game chat, but are there any particular goon clans for newer players? Been playing for a few weeks and realized this game was missing goons.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://youtu.be/5bZjIQJMIMM

Straight up solo Nezarec and there’s another video I saw yesterday of someone solo flawless from start to Macrocosm (which has also been soloed). It won’t be long before you see a full solo clear.

you can solo Atheon and Riven as well, are those raids actually dungeons too?

the way people talk about RoN is so loving exhausting

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Chappy posted:

Take it back

sounds like someone just earned themselves an Empire Hunt too

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

arsenicCatnip posted:

There are a whole lot of people taking leaks entirely on their face in the wake of Lightfall landing with a dull thud. I’m still not convinced by this “Strand was meant to ship with Witch Queen” stuff as if the Light 3.0 stuff was somehow less work.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

arsenicCatnip posted:

:yeah:

like poo poo we get it it's an easy raid but that's not a bad thing!!! sometimes you gotta sprinkle in a VoG or DSC to the lineup so you have entry-level stuff for people who don't really do this stuff very often

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

arsenicCatnip posted:

The Atheon solo involves doing a finisher on a Harpy to circumvent the timestream, because that's the only way to not instantly wipe when you have less than four people. Soloing Riven is possible because Bungie expected people to split into two teams of three and every fireteam collectively went "lol no".

Granted, the Nezarec solo appears to involve doing a finisher for some kind of loadout shenanigans, but that's not completely circumventing most of the mechanics of the fight.

More to the point, in most of Root of Nightmares, 3-4 people team seem to be completely perfunctory.

Kith posted:

like poo poo we get it it's an easy raid but that's not a bad thing!!! sometimes you gotta sprinkle in a VoG or DSC to the lineup so you have entry-level stuff for people who don't really do this stuff very often

Don't.....VoG and DSC already fill that role, then?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

Meanwhile barely anyone wants to touch GoS because the last boss is such a pain in the dick. (And the loot is not great, but that's a bit beside the point)