Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

facialimpediment posted:

Nashville got gerrymandered and split in 2020, so here's its current representative:

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status/1640514384735739904?t=dpWGW46oUXAYMdCaHdzP_g&s=19

Christ what an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Nashville got gerrymandered and split in 2020, so here's one of its current representatives:

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status/1640514384735739904?t=dpWGW46oUXAYMdCaHdzP_g&s=19

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status/1640770872813273088

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

McNally posted:

This might be a GOP talking point
There's no might. This is a GOP talking point. They just say it differently.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Turd Burglar Josh Hawley wants the shooting investigated as a hate crime against the most persecuted group in the world, Christians.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Naramyth posted:

your right, I’m sure some private school has been shot up

This was a private school, or is that the "joke"?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m not actually sure that children are typically safer from guns when homeschooled.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon posted:

I’m not actually sure that children are typically safer from guns when homeschooled.

But they're definitely safer from learning things, which is the point of homeschooling 99% of the time.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I didn’t know this was a private school. I was doing black humor because what else is there. I’m sorry.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

McNally posted:

This might be a GOP talking point

Any state where they can install compulsory christofascist education will have mandatory public education for the non-elite.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

facialimpediment posted:

Nashville got gerrymandered and split in 2020, so here's one of its current representatives:

Here is the other one.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1640410270014263299

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm..... pretty sure that's approaching false idols.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Do NOT show that photograph to “transvestigators”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Who puts the Christmas tree in the entryway? :psyduck:

It’s possible that the house has a really hosed up floorplan and it’s legitimately the least bad place for it, but I find that unlikely.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Platystemon posted:

It’s possible that the house has a really hosed up floorplan and it’s legitimately the least bad place for it, but I find that unlikely.

Rich people. because the entryway is the tallest room, so you can buy the biggest loving tree and show it off to everyone who walks in the door.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You don't think these people have ever actually explored their supposed faith in any detail do you? Jesus stood for whatever the right wing media sphere said they should stand for.

I mean, gently caress, the bible is pretty clear about how God feels about the wealthy, and who the kingdom belongs to, but that hasn't stopped any of their gently caress you got mine bullshit.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That's probably just a decorative Christmas tree. They'll have another Christmas tree in another room

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

“Hail the newborn prince of peace, hail the Son of… ah gently caress it we got kill sticks “

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

stealie72 posted:

You don't think these people have ever actually explored their supposed faith in any detail do you? Jesus stood for whatever the right wing media sphere said they should stand for.

I mean, gently caress, the bible is pretty clear about how God feels about the wealthy, and who the kingdom belongs to, but that hasn't stopped any of their gently caress you got mine bullshit.

Of course not, but the Ten Commandments are supposedly the cornerstones. Supposedly.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Nah, the ten commandments were probably written by a jew, they can't abide those.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

A.o.D. posted:

Any state where they can install compulsory christofascist education will have mandatory public education for the non-elite.

Texas history classes are the prototype for this.

But yes, it seems like conservative are fine with school shootings continuing to happen because its just one more thing kicking public education to death along the CRT/book bans/chuds showing up at school board meetings with ARs, etc.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Naramyth posted:

I didn’t know this was a private school. I was doing black humor because what else is there. I’m sorry.

Don't worry, you underestimated how disgusting the American right is. That speaks to you having basic expectations for humanity.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Naramyth posted:

We all have a bad posting run sometimes. :cheerdoge:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

stealie72 posted:

There's no might. This is a GOP talking point. They just say it differently.

Conservatives have had it in for public schools since Brown v board and possibly earlier. I'm gonna go out on a wild limb and say that they actually love mass shootings, particularly of the "school" variety (love how that's merely a category by the way). It's a great way to galvanize the gun fucker vote, having schools be unsafe probably makes it easier to gut their funding and last but not least drive up the price of firearms related stocks because surely this'll be the time that these worthless jackals get their heads out of their rear end and ban the things. You'll note it hasn't happened yet

In short, god drat them all to hell and I hope they suffer while they're there

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Looks like a fake tree as well. Just as tacky as the picture with the rifles.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Nobody uses the front door in a rich household, anyhow. That just leads to the lawn you pay someone else to take care of.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
When I first saw the pic my thought was "That's where the camera crew dropped the fake tree for the photo shoot so it would be easier to bring it in, set it up, and take it out."

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Itchy_Grundle posted:

Looks like a fake tree as well. Just as tacky as the picture with the rifles.

Real trees are so much more work, and a fire hazard to boot if you don't keep up on watering it. Fake trees are so much easier and it pays for itself after two Christmases.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bird food bathtub posted:

When I first saw the pic my thought was "That's where the camera crew dropped the fake tree for the photo shoot so it would be easier to bring it in, set it up, and take it out."

Idk, rich people are pretty much tasteless. God they love the tackiest poo poo. The tree in the foyer probably one of the lesser crimes against aesthetics

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Nobody uses the front door in a rich household, anyhow. That just leads to the lawn you pay someone else to take care of.

See I always thought that was a Midwest thing that no one uses the front door, you enter through the garage

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Milo and POTUS posted:

Idk, rich people are pretty much tasteless. God they love the tackiest poo poo. The tree in the foyer probably one of the lesser crimes against aesthetics

People with some money love putting up multiple trees, it is a thing I guess

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
if there's one thing i'm not gonna rag on anyone for it's getting a fake tree. gently caress real christmas trees in america. boy howdy i love to buy a big mature tree just to throw it in a dumpster in two weeks.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My parents always got a live one in a pot from a nursery, kept it very studiously watered, and then we'd get to dig a hole in the rain/snow a few days after Christmas.

My folks do have a bunch of very healthy trees throughout the property now, so it seems to have worked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

2 weeks my rear end, try 2 months. Gonna get our moneys worth

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zamujasa posted:

if there's one thing i'm not gonna rag on anyone for it's getting a fake tree. gently caress real christmas trees in america. boy howdy i love to buy a big mature tree just to throw it in a dumpster in two weeks.

What's the problem? Christmas trees literally grow on trees.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Zamujasa posted:

This.

I have 6 cats and they liked to climb the trees when they were younger and not as fat. Now the space under the tree is like the VIP section of the club and worth fighting over.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Arrath posted:

My parents always got a live one in a pot from a nursery, kept it very studiously watered, and then we'd get to dig a hole in the rain/snow a few days after Christmas.

My folks do have a bunch of very healthy trees throughout the property now, so it seems to have worked.

poo poo like this i have no problem with, if you're getting a real tree to plant later then that's cool and good. it's the "yeah we just chopped it off at the bottom, put it in some water so it doesn't totally dry out before it turns into a shriveled husk :)" ones that can go away forever

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Milo and POTUS posted:

2 weeks my rear end, try 2 months. Gonna get our moneys worth

Christmas lasts from the day after Thanksgiving till Feb 1 at a minimum and so does my scraggly tree

I chop down my tree but those are quick growth, its not like I'm cutting down some 1000 year old piece of history

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Zamujasa posted:

poo poo like this i have no problem with, if you're getting a real tree to plant later then that's cool and good. it's the "yeah we just chopped it off at the bottom, put it in some water so it doesn't totally dry out before it turns into a shriveled husk :)" ones that can go away forever

I don’t really have strong feelings for or against live trees. I just wanted to make sure you knew that they have dedicated tree farms for this. They plant acres of fast growing coniferous trees and stagger which portions are harvested and replanted so there are always new trees to cut down each winter.

It’s not like dudes with chainsaws are running through forests cutting down all the pine trees they can find and selling them in the Lowes parking lot.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Zamujasa posted:

I strip the branches off of ours, leave it out over the winter to cure, and then have a nice 4-5' conical post to use to frame stuff in the garden or as temporary fence posts to run wire to keep our raspberries from flopping all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lots of folks suffer from floppy raspberries, there's no shame in it