Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!!!

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1640786101119090688

e: 93 - From wikipedia:

quote:

93 (ninety-three) is the natural number following 92 and preceding 94.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I've said it before, but known electoral fraudster Lutfur Rahman's first act as (returning) Mayor of Tower Hamlets was to order the reversal of a bunch of LTN-type infrastructure. He still went ahead with it even when school children were essentially blockading the roads in protest.
For some people, the inability to drive your car WHEREVER I drat WELL WANT TO is an affront to civil liberty that takes precedence over all actual affronts to civil liberty that they don't give a poo poo about.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

ThomasPaine posted:

Lol say what you like about Humza Yousaf being a bit of an empty suit centrist melt but he clearly knows how to wind the gammons up going by one of his first tweets as FM

https://twitter.com/HumzaYousaf/status/1640820255080554496?t=7dGzj-ktngQ9g-eSH6rILA&s=19

I'm not the right person to make this post but I'd also be a bit skeeved out if the new prime minister or whatever went all god botherer on his first post

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

forkboy84 posted:

Rural Affairs are pretty important in a country as Rural as Scotland.

My mum's from Lairg so I realise but thanks anyway.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm not the right person to make this post but I'd also be a bit skeeved out if the new prime minister or whatever went all god botherer on his first post

If they were Christian you wouldn't give a gently caress.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

I don;t trust those so called 'fact checkers' give me a Q source on this!

ThomasPaine posted:

Lol say what you like about Humza Yousaf being a bit of an empty suit centrist melt but he clearly knows how to wind the gammons up going by one of his first tweets as FM

https://twitter.com/HumzaYousaf/status/1640820255080554496?t=7dGzj-ktngQ9g-eSH6rILA&s=19
It took me a second because they're just stood there in prayer like even what the Covenanters wanted, no ritual, no superstition, nothing even overtly 'foreign'. But then I remembered that the commenters have access to the secret 'racist oval office' goggles.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

wouldn't I

so why do we get annoyed with the frogs turn us gay lib dem dude?

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 28, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
lol it's Ramadan right now, being weirded out by that tweet is like being weirded out by a Christian talking about going to a carol service

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

You stated you weren't the person to make the point but you made it anyway, you clearly know the issue here. It's loving Ramadan, go figure that even a secular Muslim might show to the Muslim community that they're represented at the highest office in Scotland.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Because he listens to the Alex Jones Show and thinks that the Jewish doctors are putting contraceptives in the water to turn the frogs gay.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ThomasPaine posted:

His father grumpy that he can't get at the food he's eyeing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah why would the guy backing GRR be different form the virulent homophobe? Clearly progressive + brown skin = bigot.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Ah, just a couple dozen more posts and I'll be able to read the rest of all those articles

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

You stated you weren't the person to make the point but you made it anyway, you clearly know the issue here. It's loving Ramadan, go figure that even a secular Muslim might show to the Muslim community that they're represented at the highest office in Scotland.

what issue do you think I know?

What I meant is you can't handle me making posts and lose your poo poo and jump to things like

Tesseraction posted:

Clearly progressive + brown skin = bigot.

which is like OK...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

what issue do you think I know?

What I meant is you can't handle me making posts and lose your poo poo and jump to things like

which is like OK...

You directly compared someone on the progressive wing of the SNP, to someone on the reactionary wing of the Liberal Democrats. At best you're seven fedoras deep on r/atheism and at worst you're being obsessed with someone being The Wrong Religion in public office.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

like literally the other lady that he beat to the role we didnt want to win because why again?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Because she hates gay and trans people and unmarried mothers.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

You directly compared someone on the progressive wing of the SNP, to someone on the reactionary wing of the Liberal Democrats. At best you're seven fedoras deep on r/atheism and at worst you're being obsessed with someone being The Wrong Religion in public office.

the progressive wing and the reactionary wing? they were both party leaders?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's almost like the issue isn't them having religious faith, but that one side uses it to punch down on a marginalised group and the other doesn't.

Please, put down the fedora, it's nearly midnight.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Because she hates gay and trans people and unmarried mothers.

did she say why that was?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I don;t trust those so called 'fact checkers' give me a Q source on this!

It took me a second because they're just stood there in prayer like even what the Covenanters wanted, no ritual, no superstition, nothing even overtly 'foreign'. But then I remembered that the commenters have access to the secret 'racist oval office' goggles.

The left photo looks like he's about to do a musical number.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Zalakwe posted:

My mum's from Lairg so I realise but thanks anyway.

The post isn't really about you, and wouldn't be even if you personally were a crofter from Skye. The point is that rural affairs shouldn't be seen as a massive demotion equivalent to being sacked, especially to an MSP who made being from outwith the Central Belt a bit part of platform, alongside attacking the record of the new First Minister repeatedly and talking about how she's stalwart against any social progress. It's dumb. Land reform is a huge part of the brief, and is something the Nats need to do much more on, for example.

I just hope there's no place for my MSP Fergus Ewing in the cabinet.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1640795191236804609

She fake cried better than Hancock

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

did she say why that was?

Mate it's literally the equivalent of a PM making a Merry Christmas post, it's totally harmless. There's every chance Yousaf isn't even particularly religious anyway and it's purely a nice public gesture for Ramadan.

If he was spouting ultra-conservative reactionary bullshit and justifying it with Islam in the same way Forbes was doing with Christianity we'd be calling him out on it, obviously, but he's openly socially progressive and isn't giving any indication that any religious belief he might have will prove a threat to anyone, which is kinda the key point here.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Yeah, every heroin-addicted, khat-chewing, white-cider-drinking muslim is putting on a good show for the fam right now because of Ramadan.
Honestly, it'd be pretty odd if - as a newly-important muslim - he didn't tweet something about it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

Mate it's literally the equivalent of a PM making a Merry Christmas post, it's totally harmless. There's every chance Yousaf isn't even particularly religious anyway and it's purely a nice public gesture for Ramadan.

If he was spouting ultra-conservative reactionary bullshit and justifying it with Islam in the same way Forbes was doing with Christianity we'd be calling him out on it, obviously, but he's openly socially progressive and isn't giving any indication that any religious belief he might have will prove a threat to anyone, which is kinda the key point here.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly and would most likely have a pint with the young lad now in charge of scotland, and possibly be more politically aligned with him than yourself.

But I was just replying to this post

ThomasPaine posted:

where you suggested he was winding people up and his religion was in fact an issue? Also apparently I wasn't infact allowed to say what i liked about him.

And thats before I get into tesseraction claiming I wouldn't care if he was a Christian, before segueing into me owning a fedora?!? which i assume means I have an issue with all religions? Before posting an image accusing me of moving goalposts? FFS

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol. This is pretty distasteful even for the mail

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Tesseraction posted:

I think I'd give a gently caress if they were, but not if they were anything else. This country has a long history of christian bastardry and a wide base to call upon. It'd also feel like another step towards US bullshit.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

smellmycheese posted:

Lol. This is pretty distasteful even for the mail

That sucks, Paul O'Grady was a good egg afaik.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

keep punching joe posted:

That sucks, Paul O'Grady was a good egg afaik.

I worked with him at Battersea and I can assure you he was not.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

smellmycheese posted:

Interesting, do tell

Otherwise he was at least vocal about his loathing and contempt for tories, so even if he was a personal wrongun that's still better than 95% of our celebrities (who are also probably personal wronguns)

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

smellmycheese posted:

Go on then, speak ill of the dead for our gratification.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

kingturnip posted:

I've said it before, but known electoral fraudster Lutfur Rahman's first act as (returning) Mayor of Tower Hamlets was to order the reversal of a bunch of LTN-type infrastructure. He still went ahead with it even when school children were essentially blockading the roads in protest.
For some people, the inability to drive your car WHEREVER I drat WELL WANT TO is an affront to civil liberty that takes precedence over all actual affronts to civil liberty that they don't give a poo poo about.

outside schools makes sense (unless it’s just turning the road into a chelsea tractor school drop off cul de sac), but his point was that all the posh roads got LTNs and the poor streets got all the traffic, but yeah driving turns people brains into uber mad max road warriors doing a speed race regardless

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Perfect Element posted:

Go on then, speak ill of the dead for our gratification.

Came in once a week for about 4 hours to do the dogs. Refuses point blank to ever do a second take - would storm off and walk out if asked. Smoked furiously inside the buildings (which was just allowed because no one wanted to upset him)
Horrible to everyone involved - I was told “this show isn’t about the dogs, it’s about keeping Paul happy”

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Fair warning - those piss chugging charlatans at pepsi uk have changed the recipe on pepsi classic to be nearly entirely sweeteners. As such its disgusting and undrinkable swill, yet they are still charging 2.50 for it as if its full sugar. Absolute crooks.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Refraining from issuing a verdict until I know what "doing the dogs" means...

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

not one iota surprised paul ogrady is a massive diva

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Diva or not, he was a driving force for LGBTQ+ rights in the UK. And I'm sad he is gone.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Fair warning - those piss chugging charlatans at pepsi uk have changed the recipe on pepsi classic to be nearly entirely sweeteners. As such its disgusting and undrinkable swill, yet they are still charging 2.50 for it as if its full sugar. Absolute crooks.

I don't drink sodas with sugar, or sodas much at all really, but holy crap Pepsi Max is sooo bad. Coke Zero otoh, possibly the best soda out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pepsi Max is so much better than the vaguely brown water that is Coke Zero.