Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Some of the best pizza I've ever had was on Sardinia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I've been hosed for pizza since I had Sallys Apizza in New Haven CT and Johns of Bleecker street in the space of 36 hours

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Some of the best pizza I've ever had was on Sardinia.

I've had pizza in Porto Cervo and it sucked but it is a bit touristy

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I had Russian pizza once at a pizza bar in st petersburg and it came with spicy kolbasa and leaves of cabbage covering the top of it like the worlds worst chicago style deep dish. russian pizza is something that should not be

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

HonorableTB posted:

I had Russian pizza once at a pizza bar in st petersburg and it came with spicy kolbasa and leaves of cabbage covering the top of it like the worlds worst chicago style deep dish. russian pizza is something that should not be

Eh well, that country hosts the highest diplomatic guest and they (the chinese delegation) orders KFC.

They KNOW

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Swedish pizza should be grounds to exclude them from NATO.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

HonorableTB posted:

i like dominos theory

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

HonorableTB posted:

i like dominos

They have a 50/50 chance to ignore me when I ask for none of that loving garlic oil on the crust.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

i like dominos

me too especially the delivery guarantee

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Von Pluring posted:

Can't disagree with that - I had terrible (touristy) pizza in Venice back in 1989.

a venetian friend says it's because they can't own proper pizza ovens in the city proper given how much of a tinderbox the old city is. idk, but like i said, when you're in venice, you don't eat pizza.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

Please don't doxx my No-Lone Zone Two-Man Concept.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

gently caress this makes me think of those Deathlands books, pulp sci fi about life in post-nuclear apocalyptic America. Those books were utter garbage and they kicked so much rear end to young me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Dominos had to stop using the Noid on their nukes because Russia kept assuming Avoid the Noid was about them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

These people and their hot salads must be stopped

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Tai posted:

I've had pizza in Porto Cervo and it sucked but it is a bit touristy

I was in Alghero 25+ years ago. I stayed there fore a week with my family, and we visited the same restaurant every evening. Apart from the food all I can remember was it had fishtanks with moray eels in.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Not been there. Boats I've worked on only stopped at Cervo. It's where super rich douches parked their yachts trying to impress each other. Think Saint Tropez of Sardinia.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

mobby_6kl posted:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

All those ammo dumps and warehouses that were recently blown to kingdom come in and near Donetsk seem to be having their effect.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

HonorableTB posted:

i like dominos

Queueing up the 6er and Ban+30 as we speak

j/k Napoli pizza rules tho but when you eat it you gotta say "mi piace la beez a NAAAH-boli" and do the finger pinch hand gesture

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

McGavin posted:

Swedish pizza should be grounds to exclude them from NATO.

I guess you’re right, some of our pizzas could be considered an escalation.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I lol every time I remember that Gorbachev's legacy is bringing Pizza Hut to Russia, and Putin's legacy is convincing them to leave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTIc-f1h3E

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Zero VGS posted:

I lol every time I remember that Gorbachev's legacy is bringing Pizza Hut to Russia, and Putin's legacy is convincing them to leave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTIc-f1h3E

His man was a bit of an uno card

zone
Dec 6, 2016

If I want fast food pizza Dominos is my best option. Pizza Hut is just bad here.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

zone posted:

All those ammo dumps and warehouses that were recently blown to kingdom come in and near Donetsk seem to be having their effect.

50 ammo dumps as of July of last year

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-says-it-has-destroyed-50-ammunition-depots-using-himars-war-with-russia-2022-07-25/

Ukraine says it has destroyed 50 Russian ammunition depots using HIMARS
By Natalia Zinets
KYIV, July 25 (Reuters) - Ukraine said on Monday its forces had used U.S-supplied HIMARS rocket systems to destroy 50 Russian ammunition depots since receiving the weapons last month.

In comments on national television, Defence Minister Oleksiy Reznikov underlined the growing impact that the High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) are having as Ukraine tries to repel Russia's invasion.

"This cuts their (Russian) logistical chains and takes away their ability to conduct active fighting and cover our armed forces with heavy shelling," Reznikov said.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I've only complained about pizza once in my life and that was like last year when my boss said "I think we should get Little Caesars tomorrow" and I yelled at him because Little Caesars IS NOT 'planned in advance" pizza. It is pizza for then you go "I want pizza RIGHT NOW, but I'm lazy/stoned and have a few bucks. gently caress it, I'll just get a Hot n Ready. gently caress, what am I saying, I'll get the Crazy Bread too" and then the light changes and you turn into the strip mall where Little Caesers is.

We still got Little Caesars for lunch the next day.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Little Caesar's is an honorable pizza for the working class and they were in Russia before they shut down operations in protest of the Russian war of agression

https://www.cbsnews.com/detroit/new...%20in%20Russia.

Domino's has not.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Von Pluring posted:

It really, really doesn't.

On a scale of 1-10 you must be at least a 9 for love of fries on a pizza to have this hard headed take on Honest And True Italian pizza.

Italians abominate their pizza, they badly abuse it and blame the new world.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1640828059317071872
Even if they do commit to this it might just be a feint at most, maybe this guy saw all the combat engineering equipment Ukraine got recently and formed an idea in his own head how it'd be used.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

St pozzaburg

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Russia is hurting for manpower as Putin removes upper age limits on conscription for Rosgvardia troops occupying Ukraine:

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-remo...gn=Partnerships

Newsweek posted:

Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree removing an upper age limit for Russian National Guard members serving in parts of Ukraine that are under the control of Russian forces.

The presidential decree, signed on March 27—which Putin designated as National Guard Day in 2017—states that age restrictions for its citizens in the Federal Service of the National Guard Troops of the Russian Federation serving in the affected regions have been lifted until January 1, 2026.

The Donetsk and Luhansk regions, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia were illegally annexed by Putin in the fall of 2022 following "sham" referendums. Russia is not fully in control of any of the regions, and foreign governments, including the United States, have said the move was illegitimate.

Russia created its National Guard, or Rosgvardia, in 2016. It is separate from the Russian Armed Forces, and reports directly to Putin. National Guard soldiers have been heavily used in Ukraine throughout the full-scale invasion launched last February, and many have been sacked for refusing to fight in the war-torn country.

The decree notes that Russian citizens serving in the annexed territories will instead be assessed by a military medical examination conducted in absentia, which will determine whether they are fit to serve.

In a speech on Russia's National Guard Day, Putin described its key tasks as "countering terrorism, extremism and organized crime, guarding significant strategic facilities, maintaining law and order during mass events, and monitoring the arms trade."

"These are all complicated and highly responsible aspects of your work requiring high professionalism and a systemic approach, strict compliance with the law and a constant commitment to achieving specific and tangible results in the interests of maintaining the security of our society and state and reliably protecting the rights and freedoms of citizens," he said.

The Russian president also said that during what he still calls a "special military operation" in Ukraine, Rosgvardia members "are acting boldly and resolutely; they are defending Russia, our citizens, and they are fighting bravely, displaying fortitude and an intrepid spirit in the most difficult situations."

Just months into the war, in May 2022, court papers showed that 115 members of the Russian Guard were sacked for refusing to fight in Ukraine. Rosgvardia soldiers were also deployed across the country in October over "increased attacks" on military registration and enlistment offices since President Vladimir Putin's decision to partially mobilize reserve troops to fight in Ukraine, according to State Duma Deputy Alexander Khinshtein.

Putin's latest decree comes more than a year into his faltering war. The Institute for the Study of War (ISW), a think tank based in Washington, said in an assessment this month that Russia's new offensive in Ukraine appears to have stalled already.

Anton Gerashchenko, an adviser to Ukraine's minister of internal affairs, told Newsweek in a February interview that Russia had already begun an offensive, and that a counteroffensive from Kyiv was coming. The ISW said Russia has barely expanded its territory in Ukraine in a month of its new offensive.

Russia's military activity in the south of Ukraine is declining as Ukrainian strikes on logistics, warehouses, and supply points make it impossible to maintain any kind of momentum:

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1640658946582036481?s=20

Rats fleeing a sinking ship:

https://twitter.com/Heroiam_Slava/status/1640283198809579520?s=20

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Step by step, setting up the correct conditions. Ukraine has time on its side. If Russians also weren't hurting so much for manpower why start up a second round of moooobilization and start removing age restrictions?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1640828059317071872
Even if they do commit to this it might just be a feint at most, maybe this guy saw all the combat engineering equipment Ukraine got recently and formed an idea in his own head how it'd be used.

Seems like would be extremely risky and telegraphed move, but looking like you're preparing it as a feint would make more sense in order to tie up some defenses there.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

zone posted:

Step by step, setting up the correct conditions. Ukraine has time on its side. If Russians also weren't hurting so much for manpower why start up a second round of moooobilization and start removing age restrictions?

Also good luck trying to coordinate and motivate any new recruits once they've been anywhere near the front lines for 10 seconds, let alone getting anybody else but the super naive/patriotic/destitute to volunteer

zone
Dec 6, 2016

EorayMel posted:

Also good luck trying to coordinate and motivate any new recruits once they've been anywhere near the front lines for 10 seconds, let alone getting anybody else but the super naive/patriotic/destitute to volunteer

When the tales of what was happening to Wagner prisoner battalions came back from the front, Prigozhin already began experiencing difficulty in conscripting new prisoners to fill it up, as well. Though this is no longer of consequence since the Ru MoD directly conscript prisoners into penal battalions now

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gaeta has the superior Tiella to eat. The orginal seafood recipe was fantastic. Wasn’t a fan of the quickly cooked blazing hot Naples style. Center was usually borderline cold and messy.
Also they call a French fry and hotdog covered pizza an “Americano”.
Ngl it was pretty good in a trashy way.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1640841908254588934
These people are loving insane, holy poo poo.
:nws: warning for misogyny

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

mobby_6kl posted:

Seems like would be extremely risky and telegraphed move, but looking like you're preparing it as a feint would make more sense in order to tie up some defenses there.
It may also have the bonus of facilitating the establishment of a bridgehead in the event the main thrust of the offensive demands sufficient force reallocation by the occupier. Probably doesn't make sense to dilute the initial offensive, but having the potential to exploit opportunities as they arrive is always a good thing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Alan Smithee posted:

wonder if the new york street pizza is any good

Looks deece tbh

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah I don't really understand why you would attempt the largest river crossing since world War loving 2 when you have some decent tank country in the north aswell as open ground in the center. I mean they'd have to cross like 125KM of terrain to get to the main Russian supply hub for the entire occupation . melitopol.

What Ukraine really needs is a clobbering blow that breaks the back of the Russian army. We got to understand the supplies are an issue ammo's an issue artillery is an issue however they are still fighting against ukraine. Now they may be fighting at 5% manpower or 5% combat effectiveness but they are still fighting. That's what needs to be suppressed. Now while they're doing all this fighting under duress it doesn't mean that they're not going to stand against the ukrainians counteroffensives. They're going to fight. The back needs to be broken as effectively as possible and completely shatter cohesiveness across the front.. at this point I think 3 km of gained across the entire front would send bigger shock waves than a 50 km gain in a single direction unless that direction happens to cut the North and South off and basically put donetsk under an L shaped crossed siege.

But all in all I really don't understand what a river crossing at the Dniper would do, I mean yes it's a pretty grandiose military achievement which takes a hell of a lot of time to do but it really isn't going to shift the tide as immediately as a grab for melitopol or sivoerdonetsk would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

That's why I think any attempt at crossing the Dnipro will be very limited if that and only as a feint to draw in resources. There are two options that seem likely otherwise, and that's an attack in Zaporizhzhia towards either Polohy and from thence to Tokmak, or use Vuhledar as a springboard to attack Volnovakha to destabilize the logistics chain, or charge headlong towards Kreminna again. Or if the forces around Bakhmut find themselves severely attrited enough, there might be a third option of a modern Operation Uranus. Those rumors of a concentration of Ukrainian forces near Chasiv Yar certainly suggest that possibility is being thought of.