Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Bucky Fullminster posted:

there is some very weird discourse going on in the Qanon thread if anyone would care to take a look and tell me if I'm insane.

The backstory is that after 2.5 years of work I can finally report how it actually started.

You might think that this information would be of interest to that thread. You'd be mistaken.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

See what I mean about the weird discourse?

On top of all the damage this thing has done here and around the world, we just had an election in which officials were harassed by people radicalised by this machine, I tried to share information about its roots, and this mod just came into the embassy and actually banned it. Without even having read it.

Is that the standard we're happy to tolerate in here?

It's been in the Q thread for about a week now, and they hate me even more than you guys do, and despite their desire to tear it and me apart, not one person has managed to find a single thing that's actually wrong with any of it. They have literally just straw-manned it - responding to things I don't say instead of things I do. It's honestly surreal.

I understand I manage to get people off side, so please take me out of it and look at the case itself. Our world is on fire and these are some of the arsonists, who are not only still walking free, they are still hard at work undermining democracy to advance their theocratic fascist agenda, and top journalists are actively denying their connection to it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'll get right on it Bucky.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
me hitting myself in the dick with a 2x4 over and over again: i just don't get it???

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Wow he's got two bans in two days for his blog spam.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i've been paid to come here and send bucky a message.

"we're onto you. we're going to keep you from spreading this."

i dont get what it's about though.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Could we be looking at another IWC?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the cheque says it's from SA LLC idk who that is tho

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Could we be looking at another IWC?

the bucky gimmick has evolved. it's super effective.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and another re-reg already.

maybe this money could be used to pay for advertising? i'll admit, while i'm no enterprising blog author, i'd imagine that SA has a pretty lovely ROI for you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
gamble responsibly

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
When is this place going to become normal?

quote:

Speaker of the House Milton Dick has read the riot act to a group of Coalition MPs, saying he was "disgusted" after they injured a female House attendant while trying to avoid a vote on Tuesday afternoon.

The lower house had been voting on a government bill on income-management policies when the incident occurred, with some Coalition MPs barrelling their way towards one of the exits.

Mr Dick said he had ordered the doors to the House of Representatives to be locked, as is the procedure during a parliamentary vote, but some Opposition MPs tried to force their way through a door that a House attendant was trying to close.

"After the Speaker orders the doors to be locked, no Member may enter or leave the chamber until after the division, it does not matter whether the doors have been able to be fully closed," the Speaker said.

"The most serious aspect of this incident is that members physically pushed their way past the attendant to get out of the chamber, resulting in them getting hit in the doorframe and hurting their arm.

"I'm particularly disgusted by this behaviour, and I will not tolerate it."

The Speaker said he had received a written report about the incident.

"For a staff member of this place to be treated in this way, when they are simply doing their job, is disrespectful and a very serious matter," Mr Dick said.

"I want to make it clear that I'm committed to ensuring that this building and this chamber are safe and respectful places of work for all.

"No staff members should be hurt in the course of doing their work in service of this House.

"We all know that members are busy, however I'm sure we would all agree that no member's time is worth more than a staff member's safety."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hambeet posted:

Is it?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Bucky owns and should not be banned

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

we're talking about him aren't we? you can't BUY that type of hype pal.

well, maybe you can.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hambeet posted:

we're talking about him aren't we? you can't BUY that type of hype pal.

well, maybe you can.

:shrug:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Amethyst posted:

Bucky owns and should not be banned

And fritz needs to gently caress off

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

If people behaved like that at my office they'd be loving fired and almost certainly sued by the attendant. Nice to know these loving children have a hand in writing the laws we all must live by.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

I thought that picture was of the main villain from Time Bandits. You should write about that, that movie doesn't get enough love.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Closing the doors is having no effect, obviously we need to shackle them to their seats

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

SecretOfSteel posted:

I thought that picture was of the main villain from Time Bandits. You should write about that, that movie doesn't get enough love.

David Warner fan club 4lyfe

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SecretOfSteel posted:

David Warner was good in anything.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

David Warner was good in anything.

I dunno, he was pretty poo poo in the last tour of India

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

hambeet posted:

the cheque says it's from SA LLC idk who that is tho

To be clear, money is not the only way to influence people. Disinformation is far more insidious than that, and people are far more complicated.

SecretOfSteel posted:

I thought that picture was of the main villain from Time Bandits. You should write about that

Have you seen what's happened to the socio-political landscape, particularly in America? I'm tired, if you think a tv show needs more love then you write about it.

hambeet posted:

It's not a gimmick, and clearly it's not effective.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got came from this thread - "read the room, bite the tongue." I am yet to figure out how to reconcile that with what to do when we are under attack and I'm trying to sound the alarm. And people are being repeatedly and explicitly told to not listen, that it's nonsense, and that the person sounding it is crazy. By mods and journalists who haven't even actually read the thing they are banning, let alone found a single thing that's actually wrong with it. This isn't about the article, this is about the response to it.

The whole point is that people are living in different realities, and we need to be able to figure out how to communicate across that gap to find a way forward. That's the challenge, and it's extremely difficult, especially in these circumstances. I think someone in here also said "people are not thinking beings that feel, they are feeling beings that think", and there seems to be a big element of that at play too.

Thanks Amethyst, and hear hear Ranter.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Well? What are you waiting for?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
That's dumb, obviously most users are just gonna buy two 2-roomers, have these jokers never played Candy Crush before?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Morrison back at a marketing firm?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Recoome posted:

Well? What are you waiting for?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

You telling me you dont want Death Star style drop in your building????

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

To be clear, money is not the only way to influence people. Disinformation is far more insidious than that, and people are far more complicated.

Have you seen what's happened to the socio-political landscape, particularly in America? I'm tired, if you think a tv show needs more love then you write about it.

It's not a gimmick, and clearly it's not effective.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got came from this thread - "read the room, bite the tongue." I am yet to figure out how to reconcile that with what to do when we are under attack and I'm trying to sound the alarm. And people are being repeatedly and explicitly told to not listen, that it's nonsense, and that the person sounding it is crazy. By mods and journalists who haven't even actually read the thing they are banning, let alone found a single thing that's actually wrong with it. This isn't about the article, this is about the response to it.

The whole point is that people are living in different realities, and we need to be able to figure out how to communicate across that gap to find a way forward. That's the challenge, and it's extremely difficult, especially in these circumstances. I think someone in here also said "people are not thinking beings that feel, they are feeling beings that think", and there seems to be a big element of that at play too.

Thanks Amethyst, and hear hear Ranter.

No one here is saying you don't have good evidence or that it's all a lie. Your article is too long for any of the fuckwits that you're trying to communicate to, and everyone else that does care knows your article isn't going to fix anything.

We had a very public tv series exposing Q on a global scale and nobody really gives a poo poo about it any more.

You aren't convincing people that agree with you entirely to read your article. How will you get through to cooked cunts?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Laserface posted:

No one here is saying you don't have good evidence or that it's all a lie. Your article is too long for any of the fuckwits that you're trying to communicate to, and everyone else that does care knows your article isn't going to fix anything.

I’m saying that

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Recoome posted:

I’m saying that

you ain't said poo poo

but yes, that is what the Q thread is saying.

Laserface posted:

We had a very public tv series exposing Q on a global scale and nobody really gives a poo poo about it any more.

You aren't convincing people that agree with you entirely to read your article. How will you get through to cooked cunts?

It's not just about Q. It's about the historical context for the structural forces that have created this whole mess. Q is only one of their products, and as a fun detail yes I can finally reveal who it actually was.

And it's not the cooked cunts I'm trying to get to, although that may have been my intention in the beginning. I'm trying to get through to the "Q watching" community, who emphatically do not believe me. Because they've been cooked by prominent journalists like Will Sommer and Mike Rothschild and Dale Beran, who are considered the authorities on this, are still going on podcasts like QAA and Jared Holt, to say these names sarcastically and tell listeners that these people had nothing to do with it.

The big one is of course way too long, so I cut 14,000 words of background detail to get right to the point as quick as I can. But I don't know if I'll get banned for sharing it.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Bucky mate, we know that fascists take advantage of cultural conspiracies and idiots. The Nazis did it, it will happen again. Please consider sinking your energy into addressing the root cause of fascism and reaction, capitalism. You'll do far more good than trying to change a social fascist's mind.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Ranter posted:

Bucky mate, we know that fascists take advantage of cultural conspiracies and idiots. The Nazis did it, it will happen again. Please consider sinking your energy into addressing the root cause of fascism and reaction, capitalism. You'll do far more good than trying to change a social fascist's mind.

To the extent that the peace does identify and name a central villain, it’s definitely capitalism.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
send it to the intelligence agencies, they're the only ones who can do anything with it

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
send it to the police so they can all high five each other for making it into an article

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Bucky, I believe that the world is round and I also believe that people who don't believe that the world is round need to be educated out of their ignorance, but if a crazed looking hobo with a tinfoil pyramid on his head and encrusted in his own poo poo corners me and launches into a deranged rambling hour-long screed about how the world is in fact round I'm going to tell the oval office to gently caress the gently caress off and it has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with the central concept of what he's trying to communicate or whether I think that others should also be internalizing the information he's spruiking.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Breetai posted:

Bucky, I believe that the world is round and I also believe that people who don't believe that the world is round need to be educated out of their ignorance, but if a crazed looking hobo with a tinfoil pyramid on his head and encrusted in his own poo poo corners me and launches into a deranged rambling hour-long screed about how the world is in fact round I'm going to tell the oval office to gently caress the gently caress off and it has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with the central concept of what he's trying to communicate or whether I think that others should also be internalizing the information he's spruiking.

Yes but in this case fritz is insisting the world is flat

And it’s a perfectly presentable piece how dare you

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Thank you for supporting SA by getting banned and reregging repeatedly. :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

seppo mods please don't ban australians in this thread thank you