Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

All cola tastes the same unless its flavoured or full sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Mugsbaloney posted:

Refraining from issuing a verdict until I know what "doing the dogs" means...

“Our award-winning primetime ITV show ‘Paul O’Grady: For the Love of Dogs’, following Paul as he meets some of the dogs in our care.”

https://www.battersea.org.uk/about-us/paul-ogrady-love-dogs

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

stev posted:

Pepsi Max is so much better than the vaguely brown water that is Coke Zero.

Pepsi max is so bad I've stopped going to places that have it instead of coke.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Came in once a week for about 4 hours to do the dogs. Refuses point blank to ever do a second take - would storm off and walk out if asked. Smoked furiously inside the buildings (which was just allowed because no one wanted to upset him)
Horrible to everyone involved - I was told “this show isn’t about the dogs, it’s about keeping Paul happy”
How often did you discard the first take? He always seemed adorable with the dogs.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

stev posted:

Verily!

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

forkboy84 posted:

The post isn't really about you, and wouldn't be even if you personally were a crofter from Skye. The point is that rural affairs shouldn't be seen as a massive demotion equivalent to being sacked, especially to an MSP who made being from outwith the Central Belt a bit part of platform, alongside attacking the record of the new First Minister repeatedly and talking about how she's stalwart against any social progress. It's dumb. Land reform is a huge part of the brief, and is something the Nats need to do much more on, for example.

I just hope there's no place for my MSP Fergus Ewing in the cabinet.

Your main point is fine but it came across as very true Scotsplaining to me last night which is the sort of thing that massively pushes my identity politics buttons. Let's face it though you have no idea what my background is and things were all getting a bit McSuacey yesterday evening with the football.

My point is not that rural affairs isn't important, it's that the fact she decided to choose her pride and faction over that brief shows that the SNP are very much a house divided. Even when I worked for MSPs over a decade ago before the SNP took power it was widely accepted that their politics was all over the shop and most of them wouldn't be in the party without the one driving single issue. Since then they've attracted every careerist going while wallpapering over the back end. The cracks are showing now and I think it's going to get worse for them not better for a good while at least.

Zalakwe fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 29, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Gorn Myson posted:

How often did you discard the first take? He always seemed adorable with the dogs.

Oh he genuinely liked dogs. Just hated humans. Which I suppose is fair enough

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Guys a pro, "one take is enough, and yeah of course I'm going to smoke, I'm lily savage motherfucker."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
He sounds a bit like Krusty the Klown, I'm ok with it

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
And how many brown M&Ms did he ask for?
Saw him in a stage play Prisoner Cell Block H in around 28 years ago, hilarious.
Sad he's gone but obviously never encountered him in real life.

Meanwhile watching BBC news for the first time in years while waiting to check out of hotel and they're talking about the NHS satisfaction survey. Satisfaction has plummeted so why aren't the BBC saying why that is: 13 years of Tories shovelling tax money to their mates and Tories deliberately crapping the service to pave the way for privatisation which absolutely will not be better but will give Tories lucrative positions on private healthcare' boards.
For Tories also read Wes Streeting.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Best thing about Paul O'Grady was that he loving hated Tories

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

And how many brown M&Ms did he ask for?
Saw him in a stage play Prisoner Cell Block H in around 28 years ago, hilarious.
Sad he's gone but obviously never encountered him in real life.

Meanwhile watching BBC news for the first time in years while waiting to check out of hotel and they're talking about the NHS satisfaction survey. Satisfaction has plummeted so why aren't the BBC saying why that is: 13 years of Tories shovelling tax money to their mates and Tories deliberately crapping the service to pave the way for privatisation which absolutely will not be better but will give Tories lucrative positions on private healthcare' boards.
For Tories also read Wes Streeting.

cos the BBC is a far right institution headed entirely by particularly virulent tory headbangers

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Oh he genuinely liked dogs. Just hated humans. Which I suppose is fair enough
Sorry if he was a twat to you on that show, but you've just made me like him more.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

stev posted:

His Divine Shadow posted:

Pepsi max is so bad I've stopped going to places that have it instead of coke.
Pepsi Max and Coke Zero are basically indistinguishable :colbert:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Undiluted cringe

https://twitter.com/rachelreevesmp/status/1641001008913416192?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

Came in once a week for about 4 hours to do the dogs. Refuses point blank to ever do a second take - would storm off and walk out if asked. Smoked furiously inside the buildings (which was just allowed because no one wanted to upset him)
Horrible to everyone involved - I was told “this show isn’t about the dogs, it’s about keeping Paul happy”

you should ring in to This Morning right now and set them straight lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Failed Imagineer posted:

He sounds a bit like Krusty the Klown, I'm ok with it

voices are similar except for the accents now i think about it :spooky:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

smellmycheese posted:

lol

Paul O Grady being a diva is unsurprising.

Still a good egg though. Especially when that diva-ness was used for good.
I sincerely hope this story is true because :3:
https://twitter.com/markmdownie/status/1640983433621954561

TACD posted:

Pepsi Max and Coke Zero are basically indistinguishable :colbert:

:mods:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Pepsi Max always tastes flat and almost gone off to me. Coke Zero just tastes like regular coke which is witchcraft.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Strong 18 year old desperately trying to pad their uni application energy

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I like chess, it's fun.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/accidentalp/status/1641025028710957057?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
If Corbyn had come out saying he liked chess journalists would have spent the entire day calling him an elitist pseudo intellectual ghoul, before doing a deep dive on whether he did actually like it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

In good news, a right wing extremist was caught and investigated by the authorities for terrorism offences.

Of course that might have had something to do with the fact that he was a UK national who decided to do his crimes in Ireland.

https://twitter.com/ConorGallaghe_r/status/1640810601902493726?t=Nuu9NtJmb0Xg9NTeOdksug&s=19

And for bonus points, this guy was also a Nonce, because of course he would be.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Answers Me posted:

If Corbyn had come out saying he liked chess journalists would have spent the entire day calling him an elitist pseudo intellectual ghoul, before doing a deep dive on whether he did actually like it.

HYPOCRITE Jeremy Corbyn claims to be an anti-monarchist despite liking chess, noted for its focus on protecting the King

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Literally a shitter version of Boris in the JCB. WHY WHY WHY

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Perfect Element posted:

Literally a shitter version of Boris in the JCB. WHY WHY WHY

I like that they went to the effort of dyeing the hay bales blue to represent Tories

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Nothing screams environmental concerns like firing up a JCB to run through some hay bales to make a gesture towards your incompetent and irrelevant party.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

What even is this? Who is it for? It sounds like there's five people there. He's not even driving the tractor. Just put his branding on a destructive vehicle for personal gain.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

HYPOCRITE Jeremy Corbyn claims to be an anti-monarchist despite liking chess, noted for its focus on protecting the King
Just like the antisemite Bobby Fischer.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Aphex- posted:

Pepsi Max always tastes flat and almost gone off to me. Coke Zero just tastes like regular coke which is witchcraft.

To me pepsi max tastes insanely sweet, sweeter than the actual sugared drink. To the point it makes me feel ill. I wonder do they taste the same across the world, or even europe? Are there regional variatons?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Dabir posted:

Strong 18 year old desperately trying to pad their uni application energy

Knowing chess doesn't mean you're actually good at anything else. Case in point my brother in law, 40 years old lives at home with his dad, was legally declared not fit to handle his own business and has a caretaker to handle his money for him since he kept giving it away to people in chat rooms pretending to be hot asian women who needed travel fare to come see him.

His dad once arranged a marriage for him too, since he's the only son. Alas she dumped him as soon as she got citizenship and married the first best balding finnish engineer she found.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Aphex- posted:

I'm beginning to think people taste artificial sweeteners in different ways. Coke Zero tastes so weird compared to regular Coke to me. I'm sure I could tell them apart 100% of the time in a blind taste test.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Kate Forbes turns down Rural Affairs bit gets weirder

"BBC Scotland political editor Glenn Campbell said he understands that Ms Forbes felt the SNP's partnership agreement with the Scottish Greens would have "tied her hands and cost her dearly in her constituency"."

WHAT? She got 56% last time out, to the Tories 19.3%. On the list vote the Greens got 9.2% of the vote in her constituency And of the 9 council wards that make up Skye, Lochaber & Badenoch? 3 have Green councillors. I'd like to hope someone would challenger on the patent absurdity of this bollocks but alas, journalists are useless

She literally has the biggest majority at Holyrood & 8th largest share of the vote. gently caress off ya bigot

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 29, 2023

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

forkboy84 posted:

The Kate Forbes turns down Rural Affairs bit gets weirder

"BBC Scotland political editor Glenn Campbell said he understands that Ms Forbes felt the SNP's partnership agreement with the Scottish Greens would have "tied her hands and cost her dearly in her constituency"."

WHAT? She got 56% last time out, to the Tories 19.3%. On the list vote the Greens got 9.2% of the vote in her constituency And of the 9 council wards that make up Skye, Lochaber & Badenoch? 3 have Green councillors. I'd like to hope someone would challenger on the patent absurdity of this bollocks but alas, journalists are useless

Ah but being in a government job for the last 5 years didn't associate her with that agreement in any way of course. Only now because reasons

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Answers Me posted:

Remember when Corbyn said his favourite novel was Ulysses and journalists tried to fact check it because he was obviously too dumb to read such a well respected tome.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

Remember when Corbyn said his favourite novel was Ulysses and journalists tried to fact check it because he was obviously too dumb to read such a well respected tome.

They could never make their mind up: on the one hand he was too dumb to appreciate good art, but also too snooty and out of touch to be Prime Minister because he didn’t know who Ant and/or Dec were

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Answers Me posted:

You know who else likes chess? That's right, RUSSIANS!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Answers Me posted:

They could never make their mind up: on the one hand he was too dumb to appreciate good art, but also too snooty and out of touch to be Prime Minister because he didn’t know who Ant and/or Dec were

Mostly he just liked going on holidays and taking pictures of disused Soviet tractor factories and eating cold beans from the can, coldly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Headline: It’s CHECKMATE for Corbyn as would-be Labour Grandmaster is ejected from the party

Graphic: A pawn with Corbyn’s photoshopped face is in the corner of a chessboard while the black and white kings stand next to each other, looming over him. The rest of the board is empty.