Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I really enjoyed Tobal No. 1’s Story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I really enjoyed Tobal No. 1’s Story mode.
i saw the most loving insane bit about tobal number 2

quote:

According to Ken Kutaragi, when tested with a "performance analyzer" which Sony's engineers had developed to test how much of the PlayStation's potential a piece of software uses, Tobal 2 was shown to use 90%, while every other PlayStation game released up until that point measured at 50% or less.

what does this mean

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, for example, Formula One from Psygnosis is a great-looking game, but according to our performance analyzer it is only using 50% of PlayStation's potential. And this was, until very recently, the most advanced game. Tekken 2 uses only 30% to 40%. But now Tobal No. 2 uses 90% of PlayStation's potential. I was very surprised to see this

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Tobal 2 used more of the brain and was close to developing psychic powers

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You know how they say we only use 10% of our brain's potential

It's exactly as meaningless as that

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

Well, for example, Formula One from Psygnosis is a great-looking game, but according to our performance analyzer it is only using 50% of PlayStation's potential. And this was, until very recently, the most advanced game. Tekken 2 uses only 30% to 40%. But now Tobal No. 2 uses 90% of PlayStation's potential. I was very surprised to see this

the conscious gamer never uses more than 90% of the playstation

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

both games are extremely ftw but i liked chrono cross better than chrono trigger. haven't played either since high school though, probably close to 20 years ago lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

lobster shirt posted:

both games are extremely ftw but i liked chrono cross better than chrono trigger. haven't played either since high school though, probably close to 20 years ago lol

We need to stop this discussion because I am learning what psychopaths you all are

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Chrono Cross ftw.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Extremely tempted to abuse my power right now

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You should. It’s sickening

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wondering aloud if we can open SAD threads in advance.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this will be like the fourth thread which has had a meltdown because endorph didn't like chrono trigger

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the dsi with Bowser's Inside Story as a pack-in game..... what a purchase.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Chrono Trigger is objectively better, but it's fine that some people choose to be wrong, imo.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you become more a mod.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i don't play enough video games anymore these days to post in iz due to hobbies but the pnp rpg thread is way better than just about anything in TG even if it moves very slowly

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Folks oughta stop Chrono Crossing the wrong ppl before someone pulls a Chrono Trigger

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

Folks oughta stop Chrono Crossing the wrong ppl before someone pulls a Chrono Trigger

lmao

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
imp zone has been kind to me but i'm helping with setting things up for the izwf so perhaps they'll turn on me once i outlive my usefulness like when the big boss man joined the nWo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
now i'm having a meltdown because of what happened to AlphaDream...... RIP.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i don't play enough video games anymore these days to post in iz due to hobbies but the pnp rpg thread is way better than just about anything in TG even if it moves very slowly

This is a good thread, I have gotten good dm tips there

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bang bang bang
You dislike chrono trigger

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Bang bang bang

change dislike to hate and it actually works

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Endorph posted:

chrono trigger's impressive in a lot of ways for the snes just nothing in it really clicks that hard for me besides magus's whole bit and crono dying being a neat twist, the rest is kinda whatever and i find the combat pretty dull even by snes jrpg standards. i didnt play it until after id played stuff like ff9 that were way more my thing so maybe thats part of it

jfc

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Endorph posted:

chrono trigger's impressive in a lot of ways for the snes just nothing in it really clicks that hard for me besides magus's whole bit and crono dying being a neat twist, the rest is kinda whatever and i find the combat pretty dull even by snes jrpg standards. i didnt play it until after id played stuff like ff9 that were way more my thing so maybe thats part of it

Mods please add spoiler tags here, thanks.

Edit: gently caress, beaten.

IK Edit: added spoilers as requested

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 29, 2023

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

what the gently caress

IK Edit: added spoilers as requested

OP edit: correct tag used

TheSwizzler fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 29, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

spoiler tags for a 30 year old game?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Bang bang bang

My frustration actually is getting bigger

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Quite frankly, this.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Endorph posted:

i saw the most loving insane bit about tobal number 2

what does this mean

I never played 2 since it didnt release domestically but I just saw it had 200 player characters to choose from?!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I never played 2 since it didnt release domestically but I just saw it had 200 player characters to choose from?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpjFcLIm6mc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Grassy Knowles posted:

I think a lot of them are generic enemies from the RPG mode but yeah

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

My name is Endroph
My opinion's super sour
Hit the button
give me 6 probation hours!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Chrono Trigger is objectively better, but it's fine that some people choose to be wrong, imo.

Agreed. Same principal applies to people who don't recognize the glory of Dark Souls 2.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

change dislike to hate and it actually works

For some reason I remembered the lyric as "please pull my devil trigger" which is much funnier

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

For some reason I remembered the lyric as "please pull my devil trigger" which is much funnier

Lmao

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Will there ever be a good Mario RPG again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
really losing it at this Zaurg thread derail where tons of goons reveal they eat off of paper plates