Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I wonder if humanity has always been this mentally ill, or if the internet opened new frontiers in brain damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the activation of the hardron collider is what caused all of this

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Buddykins posted:

ask him why he's such a shithead dumb loving poopoopeepee mayor

:hmmyes:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I wonder if humanity has always been this mentally ill, or if the internet opened new frontiers in brain damage

get this: the internet makes you stupid 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

probably worse over time with lead poisoning and covid brain

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Buddykins posted:

ask him why he's such a shithead dumb loving poopoopeepee mayor

nyc megadoodoo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

all throughout the rest of human history the water was so bad to drink that people including chilren were drunk sunup to sundown

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
new wes anderson trailer looks p good, a lot more like grand budapest than the french dispatch which i didnt really like as much

close encounters of the twee kind

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Bethamphetamine posted:

shot

chaser

US healthcare

make it stop

Public service announcement if you ever get a collections letter the first thing you do is send them certified mail with some assertive language that you dispute the validity of the debt and hereby demand they prove legal acquisition of the debt within 30 days. Also that you will only discuss the debt in writing.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

we were always this stupid but for most of history like 90% of the population was illiterate so it’s just not recorded

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sending my kids to school with a jug of small beer

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

My nutritionist professor cousin thinks the explosion of preservatives in food in the 80s caused most of this

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

it's you

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

I wonder about this all the time lately. I think the internet just acts as a window into everyone's brain so we're just getting overloaded with stupidity when in the past they'd all be dumb in private and nobody would have to see granny using slurs and posting like a skinhead.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Assertive letters sent by certified mail is the one weird trick to scare debt collectors and landlords into thinking you are a lawyer or something

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
wkuk kid beer sketch . mp4

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Al! posted:

all throughout the rest of human history the water was so bad to drink that people including chilren were drunk sunup to sundown

I thought this was just terf island. I remember reading that Katherine of Aragon’s parents were warned that she better get used to drinking all the time cause the water was so polluted.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
After inventing the internet, Al Gore famously said, "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I wonder about this all the time lately. I think the internet just acts as a window into everyone's brain so we're just getting overloaded with stupidity when in the past they'd all be dumb in private and nobody would have to see granny using slurs and posting like a skinhead.

social media was a mistake

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

It was social media. I don't think we're supposed to be doing this to our brains.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

alnilam posted:

Public service announcement if you ever get a collections letter the first thing you do is send them certified mail with some assertive language that you dispute the validity of the debt and hereby demand they prove legal acquisition of the debt within 30 days. Also that you will only discuss the debt in writing.

i just fuckin ignore them at this point because even if i did owe poo poo its all illegally procured between corporations and any communication you initiate with a debt collector resets the statute of limitations plus my credit will always be poo poo, get hosed AT&T

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

VideoKid posted:

I thought this was just terf island. I remember reading that Katherine of Aragon’s parents were warned that she better get used to drinking all the time cause the water was so polluted.

Britain and Scotland are also the only two countries on the planet to have fully privatized their water supply :thunk:

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

alnilam posted:

Assertive letters sent by certified mail is the one weird trick to scare debt collectors and landlords into thinking you are a lawyer or something

also debt collectors count on default judgments so if you just show up at court they will probably just ask the judge to dismiss the case.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

It was just harder for bad brain people to network with each other and organize pre-internet is my theory.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Schmoe Cwead posted:

new wes anderson trailer looks p good, a lot more like grand budapest than the french dispatch which i didnt really like as much

close encounters of the twee kind

Yea I did enjoy The French Dispatch but Wes Anderson without color is a bit of a bummer. His use of color is like half the reason to watch his movies.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Greg Legg posted:

It was social media.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

AxGrap posted:

It was just harder for bad brain people to network with each other and organize pre-internet is my theory.

also it’s very easy to fall down rabbit holes. My cousin is very active in the paranormal/ cryptid community and she’s been sprouting more and more q poo poo.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

VideoKid posted:

also debt collectors count on default judgments so if you just show up at court they will probably just ask the judge to dismiss the case.

why would they do that when they can just tell the judge you owe $X and show some paperwork and the judge says "yep, you are hereby ordered to pay the original amount plus atty fees"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
why the gently caress that lady's UHC insurance told her not to pay the bill is so loving stupid. just pay the $129 and spend the next few years getting that back instead of just leaving the balance owed and hand waving it away, jesus christ

Apr 7, 2003

Sherbert Hoover posted:

why would they do that when they can just tell the judge you owe $X and show some paperwork and the judge says "yep, you are hereby ordered to pay the original amount plus atty fees"

lots of people got thrown out of houses 2008-2009 that they weren't even in arrears on. There were "document recovery" companies who made a lot of money fabricating documentation out of thin air to support evictions that weren't legal. lmao

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I managed to cut down on the processing time of my work by tenfold which means I get to dick around ten times as much

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Because they probably purchased your debt for literal pennies and it's not worth it to put in the effort to produce the paperwork

Apr 7, 2003

My employer just sent a company-wide text message out to say there are a rash of mass shooter hoaxes being called in across the state. Great country.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Sherbert Hoover posted:

cause they go to court with a huge stack and it’s easier to just dismiss one case then waste time on a trail or hearing

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Spaced God posted:

I managed to cut down on the processing time of my work by tenfold which means I get to dick around ten times as much

Hell yeah, never snitch on yourself tho

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ice t, right again

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

always has been. it's just easier to share with others now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Spaced God posted:

this is every job ive had over the last 10 years. eventually they run out of ideas of things for me to automate and leave me alone to post