Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I have a nagging suspicion that they're not talking to the real Kat at this point, but someone else who needs Annie and/or Paz to disable the remote access security features to this lab while the real Kat is unconscious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Patware posted:

gamma isn't a character

She's just a foil for Roast Beef!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Backslash or forward slash you maroon.

Also how do you build all this and not have at least one mobile waldo.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
gently caress,, wrong thread

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ok there's gonna be a warning but just ignore that and type in "Yes, do as I say!"

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Like Kat wouldn't be exactly the type of person to enable voice commands just so she could yell "COMPUTER -- ENHANCE!" and laugh herself sick

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Bruceski posted:

...what are they uninstalling? I thought this was fixing a permissions issue.

Yeah, I'm wondering if perhaps Kat is lying by omission to them in some way.

Also, I was really expecting her to overhear their conversation in some way.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

In defense of the comic/Kat, she does say at least once that they need remove the conflict and then restart the computer, so uninstalling one of the programs would do it. I'm just expecting Kat to tell Paz to uninstall a program that a bunch of other programs have dependencies on and lock herself even further out of her body and the network.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2752

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

You forgot the sudo, Kat :rolleyes:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Youremother posted:

You forgot the sudo, Kat :rolleyes:

Kat: I'm running windows server and that's a terminal with admin permissions, it's fine.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I, for one, would not trust a Microsoft product with my consciousness

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

You're also assuming that Kat isn't crazy enough to make a custom OS for herself. Or at least that her parents didn't.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Randalor posted:

You're also assuming that Kat isn't crazy enough to make a custom OS for herself. Or at least that her parents didn't.

It's all in Minecraft redstone.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
It's sort of messing with me that Kat can access this computer enough to use its microphone but is incapable of typing this herself.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
^^^ Lol that was my thought. But I'm no computer person.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

>go West

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Loup.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Depending on whether or not she means "with the rest of the court", this might make her the smartest character in the entire comic.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Paz Out

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
She's magic so she can't mean with the rest of the court.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Clearly she's saying she is leaving the comic. Her job to cause emotional distress by breaking up with Kat is about to be complete. Nice touch having her say it out loud where Kat is probably going to be able to hear but not respond. Just really twist the knife.

I'm ready for Kat's Diego arc. It's going to be hilarious. Bonus points if Robot comes out of the shadows to say "Love makes us act in strange ways" at some point.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

i cant possibly be the only one thinking this is leading to annie+kat being endgame

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

JuniperCake posted:

Bonus points if Robot comes out of the shadows to say "Make of that what you will" at some point.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Maldraedior posted:

She's magic so she can't mean with the rest of the court.

Maybe she's not magic and her being able to talk to animals is just like, A Thing she can do.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Paz is going to wander out into the ocean and find that puppy.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Youremother posted:

I, for one, would not trust a Microsoft product with my consciousness
Like you'll have the choice.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ok look i totally like this arc for paz and it mostly tracks with her behavior, but i cant get over how much the tonal incoherence would have been improved by paz not immediately being smiling and chipper right after the surgery finished. She doesnt even have to be a sad sack, just give her a subdued smile or something!

like this isnt even me disliking tom's direction and plotting, its just a loving amateur mistake that could be easily fixed

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Or, heck, make it an obviously pained smile. At least something that indicates that she's not just done an emotional 180.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Also, I know Annie doesn't always have a way with words, but saying "you were a little subdued today" feels kind of like, uh... not what I would say if I had someone shed a single miserable tear in front of me during a friend's transhumanism.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tiny Myers posted:

Also, I know Annie doesn't always have a way with words, but saying "you were a little subdued today" feels kind of like, uh... not what I would say if I had someone shed a single miserable tear in front of me during a friend's transhumanism.

If my friend became posthuman in front of me I'd feel pretty sub-dude

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Kesper North posted:

oh my loving god

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Kesper North posted:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Smartest character in the comic.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Not the smartest, but definitely the wisest.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this kind of thing always hits like a brick

we get so little information on how the court interacts with the rest of the world and how the rest of the world interacts with the court that it feels loke doing anything outside of it simply isnt an option

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yep only lesbians breaking up

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Randalor posted:

Not the smartest, but definitely the wisest.

hey now, red and ayilu were savvy enough to ditch before the loup stuff even started!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The cast gets smaller all the time

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Well thank god they're cutting to the chase here

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
"just a small thing" lol ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
To be fair, she is talking to like the one person for whom "accidentally uploaded my mind to a computer" genuinely might look like a small thing.