Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I found Nora's favorite video game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIIE4WNd8Wc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Fartington Butts posted:

Compare that to Atomic Heart where you download 70 gigs then download a 70 gig patch and the another.

It’s the new type of RPG, a Re-download Patch Game

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I hear this in my head being screamed by Mike Stoklasa.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I said come in! posted:

MLB the Show 23 is available today on Game Pass by the way.
It's good, but it's also crashed on me 3 times in-game with no in-game saves :(

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

It's an incredible feat of technology and demonstration of man's dominance over his realm that they so perfectly encapsulated the feeling of being in the audience as a soul damned to watch professional cornhole for all eternity. What new heights await us in this incredible frontier?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Nuts and Gum posted:

The horny fridge has many gigabytes of love for u

Real question: was the horny fridge patched out? There was the horny fridge cutscene in the beginning, and near the end a sort of "goodbye horny fridge" dialogue, but the rest of the game had a fairly dry, sexless voice for fridge interactions.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Zachack posted:

Real question: was the horny fridge patched out? There was the horny fridge cutscene in the beginning, and near the end a sort of "goodbye horny fridge" dialogue, but the rest of the game had a fairly dry, sexless voice for fridge interactions.

I’m honestly not sure. I had the same experience. There didn’t seem to be a visual distinction between the horny one vs stock ones. Maybe they got late feedback and cut things back on the first patch.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Harlock posted:

"Swiftly detecting any diversions from, and ensuring compliance with, a commitment as to technical or graphical quality would be challenging,”

“For example, Microsoft might release a PlayStation version of Call of Duty where bugs and errors emerge only on the game’s final level or after later updates."

Turns out Sony was speaking from experience lol

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I just wish The Show 23 allowed for importing of my progress from '22.
Weird seeing that PS splash screen, still.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Nuts and Gum posted:

I’m honestly not sure. I had the same experience. There didn’t seem to be a visual distinction between the horny one vs stock ones. Maybe they got late feedback and cut things back on the first patch.

They did. I was confused for a while and thought there were two types of fridges because they also changed the buy menu around a bit. Never noticed updates because I don‘t have an Xbox and exclusively stream games. :hai:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Neco posted:

They did. I was confused for a while and thought there were two types of fridges because they also changed the buy menu around a bit. Never noticed updates because I don‘t have an Xbox and exclusively stream games. :hai:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

That is always a huge bummer when that happens. :( I played for about 4 hours tonight and didn't have any issues. Always weird when that happens if its on the same console as others.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Neco posted:

What the gently caress. Horny fridge games could have been Xbox's answer to strand games and they just gutted half of them.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Wee Bairns posted:

I just wish The Show 23 allowed for importing of my progress from '22.
Weird seeing that PS splash screen, still.

They still don’t have this? I swear it worked on a few of the older ones.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

lol at the only sponsor being Johnsonville Brats

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

the real console crime that congress should be investigating is the Seagate monopoly on Xbone X series X storage cards

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Syrinxx posted:

the real console crime that congress should be investigating is the Seagate monopoly on Xbone X series X storage cards

*nods* this

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

:hmmyes:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Unless you’re an avid flight simmer or addicted to COD I don’t know how you’re running into storage issues on a Series X. I have about 10-15 AAA titles and maybe 30-40 indie treasures installed at all times.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

American McGay posted:

Unless you’re an avid flight simmer or addicted to COD I don’t know how you’re running into storage issues on a Series X. I have about 10-15 AAA titles and maybe 30-40 indie treasures installed at all times.

Children (and GaaS games)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Miiiiight as well face it you're addicted to CoD

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i decided i simply had to download every yakuza game op

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

American McGay posted:

I have 2 USB drives and almost 250 games installed across everything because I will never uninstall a game until I earn all the achievements in it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ixnay posted:

I have 2 USB drives and almost 250 games installed across everything because I will never uninstall a game until I earn all the achievements in it

I wish there was a little 🎖️ or something like that on game tiles in my library where I have all the achievements. I don't remember what I was doing on the 360 but I know I got a lot of achievements back then.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

priznat posted:

Miiiiight as well face it you're addicted to CoD

They see the signs

But they can't read

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

If I could just run X|S games from my USB SSD with the understanding that load times may be slightly higher that would be fine. But no, arbitrary requirement that they can only be installed to internal storage, of which you only get 800GB usable in an age of 100-200+ gb games

Oh and the markup on the Seagate drives is like 200-400% what a surprise

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Brother we just had this discussion. If your game is 200GB it's a bad game. Sorry.

FH5 is the only game that even comes close to that, at 115. Everything else is like 30-60.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

If I could just run X|S games from my USB SSD with the understanding that load times may be slightly higher that would be fine. But no, arbitrary requirement that they can only be installed to internal storage, of which you only get 800GB usable in an age of 100-200+ gb games

It's not an arbitrary requirement, a lot of games stream data from disk during gameplay and need to assume a certain minimum throughput. If that can't be met then they'll straight up break and look buggy. A lot of Cyberpunk's bugs on the last gen consoles were caused by HDDs not being able to keep up with the game, leading to muddy blobs of people doing t-poses because geometry, texture, and animation data couldn't be streamed off disk in time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's also a reasonable chunk of S|X games that can run off of an external SSD. Here's the list. https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/mnpeuo/optimized_for_series_xs_games_that_can_be_played/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I46X3y5Bptg

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
sometimes it's ok to uninstall a game

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

acksplode posted:

It's not an arbitrary requirement, a lot of games stream data from disk during gameplay and need to assume a certain minimum throughput. If that can't be met then they'll straight up break and look buggy. A lot of Cyberpunk's bugs on the last gen consoles were caused by HDDs not being able to keep up with the game, leading to muddy blobs of people doing t-poses because geometry, texture, and animation data couldn't be streamed off disk in time.
This isn't enforced on PC, you can put your Steam/Xbox games wherever you want so I call bullshit. Also sorting through the comically huge number of bugs that 2077 had looking for ones that have only to do with storage is pretty lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MikeRabsitch posted:

sometimes it's ok to uninstall a game

I learned recently some places in the US still have data caps which is utterly wild

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

This isn't enforced on PC

PC games are increasingly recommending SSD as a minimum, and it'll start getting enforced once games start using the directstorage API.

quote:

Also sorting through the comically huge number of bugs that 2077 had looking for ones that have only to do with storage is pretty lol

The general theme behind most of the comically huge number of bugs was slow storage, which is why so many more of them showed up on last gen vs current gen consoles with SSDs.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Escobarbarian posted:

I learned recently some places in the US still have data caps which is utterly wild

That's the thing for me? Want to make some room? Unimstall Elden Ring and if I want it back I'll have all 80gbs installed in no time

If that's not the case for you I am sorry

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

acksplode posted:

PC games are increasingly recommending SSD as a minimum, and it'll start getting enforced once games start using the directstorage API.
When Seagate is the only m.2/ssd manufacturer you can put Steam games on and also charges 3 times the normal price for them, we should get mad about that too

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

When Seagate is the only m.2/ssd manufacturer you can put Steam games on and also charges 3 times the normal price for them, we should get mad about that too

Dunno why that would be the case, PS5 supports third party nvme SSDs from any manufacturer as long as they meet spec

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Is there an average data cap for the US? Mine is 1200 gigs which I feel I'd really need to make an effort to hit.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mine is 1TB but I pay an absolutely obscene number for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Escobarbarian posted:

Yes, there’s this tiny little ISP called Comcast