Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they're going remake dead space 3 one of these days... maybe they can make it a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they're going remake dead space 3 one of these days... maybe they can make it a good game

remove everything except that one part where you and your buddy see two totally different scenes and your friend playing as isaac thinks youre lying until you send him a screenshot and remake the whole game to be like that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

copy posted:

remove everything except that one part where you and your buddy see two totally different scenes and your friend playing as isaac thinks youre lying until you send him a screenshot and remake the whole game to be like that

lol

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i read it as "dead space made re4 irrelevant" and was losing my mind at that idea, thanks for clarifying

that would indeed have been a shameful post if one had made it

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

isaacs loud screams in dead space 1 (original) ftw

rarggh raaaagaghhhh gently caress

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 29, 2023

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

TheMightyBoops posted:

PS3 era Deadspace is perfect except for the part where you have to slide the statue across the little tracks for like 2 hours at the end.

They got rid of that in the remake right?

I love bits like this in games, like the original Max Payne has a section where it just grinds to a halt as you move crates around a cargo yard with a big crane instead of doing cool dives into rooms with a shotgun

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I didn't realize this was where "many different users state that they do not like or want me posting" came from.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

quote:

I’ve been repeatedly suppressed because I posted the word

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

John Charity Spring posted:

lol please link to this

starts around here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3175682&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=82#post371724541

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Users are told how to post on the rules page

surc
Aug 17, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

how do you know it's him every time? ip address or some poo poo? how does this guy keep loving this up[

nice try

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

copy posted:

also the hit detection on cutscene npcs. watching a soldier get gibbed during a convo and keep talking was ok

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

surc posted:

nice try

lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Final Fantasy 8 has a cool randomizer over at https://github.com/sleepeybunney/maelstrom and I did my best to reverse engineer the remaining features I wanted and failed

the ff8 PC/switch port is unbelievable. there's some sort of interpreter going on with the 2000s port windows port, even on switch. at one point I was staring at it in ida pro and read the string "WE SHOULD NOT HAVE COME HERE." out of nowhere and decided the remaining work was beyond me and/or cursed

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
square enix put the soul of the guy who made squallsdead.com in the ports

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Is that zaurg guy even around anymore? Figured he’d lose all his money on bitcoins or NFTs and starve by now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lmao what in the actual gently caress. To be fair he is pretty dreamy with his coifed blond hair, beady red eyes and writhing tentacles

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

im gonna paly the original dead space then the remake after 2

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Smart how? He was given a specific job and (canonically) got horribly murdered

Excuse me? He makes it out of Raccoon City. There’s a file written by him in CVX. He’s never been murdered in any canon material.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

sebmojo posted:

That's where I stopped playing lol, is it near the end?

I think that’s like the last thing you do yeah.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Fortaleza posted:

Is that zaurg guy even around anymore? Figured he’d lose all his money on bitcoins or NFTs and starve by now.

yeah, he's apparently allowed to post in bfc once per month now, per the bfc rules thread

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

isaacs loud screams in dead space 1 (original) ftw

I dunno. His “gently caress YOU YOU loving FUCKER DIE rear end in a top hat” screaming while chain stomping on things in the remake is pretty hilarious and amazing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Excuse me? He makes it out of Raccoon City. There’s a file written by him in CVX. He’s never been murdered in any canon material.

I thought he was murdered by Birkin on his way out? Isn’t that the whole reason Birkin’s daughter is a macguffin? I may be misremembering. I only played the original PS version of 2

Next you are going to tell me Tofu is canon

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

I thought he was murdered by Birkin on his way out? Isn’t that the whole reason Birkin’s daughter is a macguffin? I may be misremembering. I only played the original PS version of 2

Next you are going to tell me Tofu is canon

hunk was part of a kill squad sent to apprehend Birkin but was the only one who made it out. being the only survivor of ops gone wrong is basically his thing

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

hunk was part of a kill squad sent to apprehend Birkin but was the only one who made it out. being the only survivor of ops gone wrong is basically his thing

basically this. He gets knocked out and escapes the city after the outbreak takes place. He was the official Fourth Survivor, after Leon, Claire, and Sherry.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

I dunno. His “gently caress YOU YOU loving FUCKER DIE rear end in a top hat” screaming while chain stomping on things in the remake is pretty hilarious and amazing

Starring Isaac Clarke as Detective Crashmore

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Starring Isaac Clarke as Detective Crashmore

season 3's out on may 30, if there's no ruben rubasa I'll kill myself on live tv

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

season 3's out on may 30, if there's no ruben rubasa I'll kill myself on live tv

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Hey if any of you like hokey animes we're going to watch some later today over at BYOB:

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Indeed! Tomorrow, Wednesday March 29th at 4pm PDT 7pm EDT, a double feature! Raiders of Galaxy and Defenders of Space!

Both South Korean mech things from the early 80s. I found out this interesting tidbit from IMDB:

So they're bootleg mech anime, part of a long tradition of bootleg mech anime, ooh. That makes even a tourist like me suddenly want to paint a model kit.

Plus shorts, https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies see you there friends!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm intrigued, hopefully it's bad in a hilarious way and not bad in an "average 60's-80's Christian Cartoon way.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
HUNK randomly being included as a character in dead by daylight is so funny to me

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Hey if any of you like hokey animes we're going to watch some later today over at BYOB:

This reminds me of Taekwon V

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol hunk knocked out and sleeping in the nasty sewer for a week like jeffrey

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Doublestep posted:

HUNK randomly being included as a character in dead by daylight is so funny to me

almost all of hunks appearencces after re2 are him showing up in non canon minigames... it fits the lore

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

copy posted:

lol creating a taxonomy of psychos like an old-timey gentleman explorer's adventure journal.

POD-CAST PHYSCHO: genial chap but prone to fits of rage that culminate in stalking if you dislike his favorite victrolla commentator

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

copy posted:

lol creating a taxonomy of psychos like an old-timey gentleman explorer's adventure journal.

POD-CAST PHYSCHO: genial chap but prone to fits of rage that culminate in stalking if you dislike his favorite victrolla commentator

ah yes, the sujimon of something awful

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

almost all of hunks appearencces after re2 are him showing up in non canon minigames... it fits the lore

This.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

docbeard posted:

I didn't realize this was where "many different users state that they do not like or want me posting" came from.

lol me neither, I thought it was some kind of joke document but that's a stupid assumption to make given *gestures broadly to goons as a whole*

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Isaac flipping out and getting grossed out in the remake is a highlight. He’s far more engineer in a suit and less stoic badass in the remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A lot of people here think they are gamers, but how many of you have truly earned it by playing ps1 classic Legend of Legaia