Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Just lol at the Russian Orthodox Wizards. Cry to your blood god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Look, Netflix is dumb and bad and their recent un-sharing of family plans will totally make piracy cool again, but now I'm conflicted about voicing support of piracy knowing some Russians are doing it as a circumvention of sanctions, because anti-Russian forces will make them all virus-laden time-wasters and how am I going to get my Netflix Velma series now? :lol:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

War Wizard posted:

Just lol at the Russian Orthodox Cigarette Import Wizards. Cry to your tobacco-stained blood god.

Please don't overlook their secondary and important function in Russian society.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

shadow puppet of a posted:

Please don't overlook their secondary and important function in Russian society.

lmao, exactly. Faketriarch Kiril made all his money being permitted to smuggle cigarettes into Russia in exchange for allowing more FSB influence within the church and to help them out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Private Cumshoe posted:

I have never had a deep fried candy bar are they any good?

For you? Noooo.

Worth trying? Yesss. You will regret it, but it's worth the experience. Deep-fried Mars Bars are wicked sinful things. Deep-fried Oreos are pretty good too, actually.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Pekinduck posted:

Congratulations Finland, you've earned it.

Way to go Finland! :getin:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1641162871076782081
oh dear, how sad.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Has there actually been a meaningful uptick in "smoking accidents" in Russia since the war started or is it just confirmation bias and a lack of proper safety standards?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Captain Fargle posted:

Has there actually been a meaningful uptick in "smoking accidents" in Russia since the war started or is it just confirmation bias and a lack of proper safety standards?

If someone has posted before war/after war numbers of fires happening in Russia I have not seen it. I'm fairly confident that 99% of them are just normal poo poo that is getting reported as war time acts of sabatoge because I feel like the US/UK/other folks would be stating in their briefings if they thought otherwise.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Captain Fargle posted:

yes

edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%932023_Russian_mystery_fires lol nice

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1641139178808176640
t. people responsible for plenty of degradation, suffering, and misery in Ukraine, Africa, and other places

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

just wanna post that I hope that beaver stays safe in its unending war to dam that trench

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1641139178808176640
t. people responsible for plenty of degradation, suffering, and misery in Ukraine, Africa, and other places

loving for virginity

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Well, the Catholic church recognizes beaver as a fish that can be eaten during Lent, which is still not over. So the Catholics in the trenches might have a fairly decent meal should they tire of the beaver's shenanigans. I've had it, it's a bit strong, but in a strongly spiced chili, it's quite good.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Arsenal of Democracy go brrrrrrrrrr

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/u-s-to-double-155mm-artillery-shells-production/

quote:

The United States plans to significantly increase the production of 155mm artillery shells.

Gabe Camarillo, Army Undersecretary, said that the U.S. plans to double the production of artillery shells by the end of 2023.

There are also plans to sextuple their production over the next five years.

Camarillo said at the Association of the U.S. Army’s Global Force Symposium that the Pentagon will spend some $1.45 billion to upgrade production facilities.

Investments should support the defense capability of Ukraine with new shells and replenish the reserves of the U.S. army.

It will cost $349 million to add factory lines, purchase equipment, and hire second shifts.

The U.S. also intends to double production of Javelin anti-tank systems (to 330 per month) and rocket launchers (to 41 per month).

Camarillo said that by 2026, the U.S. Army also intends to double (from 566 to 1,110 units) the monthly order for the production of GMLRS missiles for the M142 HIMARS and M270 Multiple Launch Rocket Systems.

Overall, the U.S. is investing over $2 billion this year in industrial facilities used to manufacture weapons and ammunition.

The funds are part of a 15-year, $18 billion plan to modernize government-owned weapons and munitions facilities.

In April, Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said the U.S. was planning to manufacture 20,000 155mm rounds per month by spring, not the 24,000 that Camarillo said.

However, it remains unclear whether such an increase in production in the U.S. will be able to satisfy both Ukraine’s defense needs and the Pentagon’s own needs. According to public data, the United States has already sent 1,074,000 155mm rounds to Ukraine, and the monthly consumption of these shells, according to experts, is up to 143,000 rounds.

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

There is very little consensus in science on what exactly "kebab meat" is. Yes, it very likely contains some animal products, but narrowing it down to a specific part of the animal kingdom or part of an animal is very hard. The truth is that we just don't know and probably never will.

It is reconstituted donkey lung. Still tastes great, though.

It's interesting to see those Russian propagandists giving more TV time to people who seem to be essentially saying that Russia can't win the war. I don't know whether they're there to test the waters with the public, or just so that they can be shouted down and shamed on live TV.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

richardm posted:

It is reconstituted donkey lung. Still tastes great, though.

It's interesting to see those Russian propagandists giving more TV time to people who seem to be essentially saying that Russia can't win the war. I don't know whether they're there to test the waters with the public, or just so that they can be shouted down and shamed on live TV.

the latter

russian internal propaganda is fairly sophisticated to keep people's attention. there's usually a patsy who is there to say all the bad things you might think, and then get shouted down and made to look like a fool as part of the entertainment

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

the latter

russian internal propaganda is fairly sophisticated to keep people's attention. there's usually a patsy who is there to say all the bad things you might think, and then get shouted down and made to look like a fool as part of the entertainment

That doesn't sound all that sophisticated...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The Washington Generals aren’t supposed to score more points against the Harlem globetrotters though

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The one thing the US does extremely well. Defense contracting.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cartoon Man posted:

If it was the US in combat that ramp-up in production would be orders of magnitude faster and higher.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cartoon Man posted:

Yes but spare a thought for them. With all this new hard data on Russian tactics, logistics and troop conditions, do you know how many great minds are going to be expended over at Raytheon et-al on the task of making the first filth-seeking missile?

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Pekinduck posted:

Congratulations Finland, you've earned it.

what the gently caress is this

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
wtf nobody told us about the anime

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
this was the devils bargain. finland gets in with all its faults, including the anime

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

HonorableTB posted:

this was the devils bargain. finland gets in with all its faults, including the anime

Trojan Horse if I ever saw one. NATO is doomed. Only Erdogan can save the org now!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I'm glad the Death Metal countries are getting into the mutual defense business.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Trojan Horse if I ever saw one. NATO is doomed. Only Erdogan can save the org now!

erdogan: let me do more heinous poo poo or i'll let the anime IN

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

So I assume this means Russia is going to invade Finland, right guys? Because the perfidious US, their puppet masters, are once again waving the fingers in Russias face? Right? Finland brought it on themselves, right?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Toxic Mental posted:

So I assume this means Russia is going to invade Finland, right guys? Because the perfidious US, their puppet masters, are once again waving the fingers in Russias face? Right? Finland brought it on themselves, right?

They'll only have themselves to blame if they try invading Finland with whatever rags and tatters they can scrape up for the purpose.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Guys NATO was in Finland in 2014 training the Finns. Unprovoked!???!?! UNPROVOKED!!???!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Toxic Mental posted:

Russia is going to invade Finland, Denmark, and also liberate the Brits and also stop the annexation of Ukraine by Poland before the end of 2023.

And the US will be too busy with (((the border crisis))) to react

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Toxic Mental posted:

Guys NATO was in Finland in 2014 training the Finns. Unprovoked!???!?! UNPROVOKED!!???!

FINNISH BIO LABS!!!!!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
finland will avenge their national embarassment in the finno-korean hyperwar and reclaim its former empire

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm no historian but it seems like invading Finland again would be a really tough sell.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Finland is trying to turn God into a woman and wear dresses and have sex with men

We must invade.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/KampfmitKette/status/1641149883401871360

That's a Leopard 2A4 covered in Kontakt-1 ERA bricks.

https://twitter.com/WarMonitor3/status/1640724725021261830

The first Challengers have also arrived and received their customary baptism in Kontakt-1 bricks.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 30, 2023

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Tai posted:

Not gonna lie, 10 years on and off in Italy due to work and their pizza is medicore.

Tai posted:

Kebab only tastes good after sinking 10 pints.

Extra large Kebab with everything and chilli and garlic sauce is the only way to order it at 3am
:dafuq:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.theonion.com/disgusting-gyro-meat-magically-turns-delicious-after-mi-1819566593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1641296305967230977