Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

You know what would actually help? Fewer cars.

Cars suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Antigravitas posted:

You know what would actually help? Fewer cars.

You just deeply offended a lot of people…

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Tarquinn posted:

You just deeply offended a lot of people…

I sure loving hope so.

Posting it again for this page, because of the powerful curse.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

Or this. This totally solves it.

Nothing more to be done.

I think those are in my home town of Stuttgart . Or were, I'm not sure of we are still into that scam

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

That's in Kiel. I'd be utterly unsurprised if other cities had them as well.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The problem with the air quality is the 2 dirty great big coal fired power stations near town that they do bugger all about cleaning up. This is a completely pointless gesture and still cursed.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/Bc4izsL.mp4

Ugliest turtle I've ever seen. I don't think I like turtles any more.

Antigravitas posted:

I sure loving hope so.

:lmao:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Antigravitas posted:

I sure loving hope so.

What the gently caress am I even looking at here?? :psyduck:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

YALLRE

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Tarquinn posted:

Some kind of mobile(?) "air purifier" dumped in the middle of the bike lane of a city which got duped into buying them.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

They weren't "duped" as such.

Air pollution limits are regularly exceeded in that street.
So they bought giant filters, put them on the bike lane, then moved the air quality measurement box next to the filters.
Problem solved. Bingo bongo, so simple, etc.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

trees would actually take up less space then the boxes but ugggh there's one thing that people hate and that's the enviroment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-65074972

council chopped down 100+ trees overnight lol. Why? nobody really knows :shrug: usual lying about how they're going to replace them which usually means dumping some saplings somewhere to die

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hemale in pain posted:

trees would actually take up less space then the boxes but ugggh there's one thing that people hate and that's the enviroment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-65074972

council chopped down 100+ trees overnight lol. Why? nobody really knows :shrug: usual lying about how they're going to replace them which usually means dumping some saplings somewhere to die

Its super refreshing to hear that americans aren't alone in wanting to defile every good thing about the natural world. What a wonderful species

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Extra curse- the council leader who signed that off to be done in the dead of night just resigned as soon as people kicked off about it. Couldn't even be bothered to defend his decision, just said "if someone else thinks they can run the council better, they are welcome to try'. They also decided to cut down the trees ~1 month after a big report came out about how terrible a similar decision made by a different council to kill all the mature trees in their city was.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Antigravitas posted:

They weren't "duped" as such.

Air pollution limits are regularly exceeded in that street.
So they bought giant filters, put them on the bike lane, then moved the air quality measurement box next to the filters.
Problem solved. Bingo bongo, so simple, etc.

This is so stupid.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

That's in Kiel. I'd be utterly unsurprised if other cities had them as well.

Ah yes, we have a street that looks almost the same and has the same purifiers.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Bc4izsL.mp4

Tarquinn posted:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

mobby_6kl posted:

I can't decide between "turn on your monitor" and "that's what she said".

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Olewithmilk posted:

Extra curse- the council leader who signed that off to be done in the dead of night just resigned as soon as people kicked off about it. Couldn't even be bothered to defend his decision, just said "if someone else thinks they can run the council better, they are welcome to try'. They also decided to cut down the trees ~1 month after a big report came out about how terrible a similar decision made by a different council to kill all the mature trees in their city was.

Where I live we have almost the opposite problem. There are Tree Protection Orders on most of the mature trees, and even trimming some large branches in your own garden without permission can get you in big trouble with the council (very large fines). They've also changed the rules recently to make them even stricter, at the expense of safety. A few years ago, if you had a dangerous tree (rotting, or falling over) you could call a qualified tree surgeon and if they agreed it was dangerous they could take it down the same day and just notify the council afterwards.
Now, however (from speaking to a tree surgeon) it takes about six weeks for them to get a permit, even if the tree is clearly in danger of falling and there are strong winds forecast. They have to send in photos and reports and wait for the Tree Guy at the council to respond.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I didn't even know trees could do surgery

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I thought the algae tanks look cool. Bonus if they clean the air a bit. Of course twitter has to present it as an absolute binary like they're going to replace trees.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Poohs Packin posted:

I thought the algae tanks look cool. Bonus if they clean the air a bit. Of course twitter has to present it as an absolute binary like they're going to replace trees.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Fresh cursed avatars! Get them while they're hott!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Just spread the idea that the homeless can sit/sleep on those urban slime tanks and bingbangboom you'll have trees planted in no time.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

I’m the girl to the left that is either not in on the joke or is just going full :sickos:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Antigravitas posted:

I can't decide between "turn on your monitor" and "that's what she said".

Both are pretty good

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I didn't even know trees could do surgery

They did surgery on a tree

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Seriously what is with that turtle snake

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

They did surgery on a tree

I'm not sure the surgery worked. Tree looks pretty dead. :(

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Seriously what is with that turtle snake

It's a side-necked turtle.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

lobsterminator posted:

Techbros reinvent nature.

Just as good as real trees except a box of algae doesn't provide shade or homes for animals or happiness for anyone.

Countdown to the TikTok of what a texting pedestrian/skateboarder/scooter rider will do to one of these

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

lobsterminator posted:

Techbros reinvent nature.

Just as good as real trees except a box of algae doesn't provide shade or homes for animals or happiness for anyone.

brb, heading to pepsico hq to pitch a new urban marketing campaign for mtn dew

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Fresh cursed avatars! Get them while they're hott!

Thank you for your service

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Stoatbringer posted:

Where I live we have almost the opposite problem. There are Tree Protection Orders on most of the mature trees, and even trimming some large branches in your own garden without permission can get you in big trouble with the council (very large fines). They've also changed the rules recently to make them even stricter, at the expense of safety. A few years ago, if you had a dangerous tree (rotting, or falling over) you could call a qualified tree surgeon and if they agreed it was dangerous they could take it down the same day and just notify the council afterwards.
This is a problem I wish my area had, the root of it is crooked arborists. It is incredibly easy to find an arborist that will certify any tree as needing-to-be-felled. Developers in particular know exactly who to call to get trees down without a problem.

Where I live new development is required to preserve half the trees on the lot, but there is an exception for diseased trees. Guess what happens? Every time the vast majority, if not all, of the trees are found to be diseased and the lots are clear-cut.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Surely it would be orders of magnitude cheaper to just plant some trees.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
trees take a very long time to grow

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Trees also don't validate incredibly stupid silicon valley tech bro ideas about how to disrupt trees with tanks of pond scum

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Tree-tank law is gonna be lit

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just planting a few bushes has a huge effect on air quality in terms of particles. Damnfool morons.

Can't bother to find the iirc uk study I'm thinking of atm, so have one from Turkey

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31096331/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
All tech bros should be ground into a fine paste and used as soil amendment for new trees