Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/finallevel/status/1641173898053009411?s=61&t=lCUtLD2mloWN4vLs8kjQ2w

https://twitter.com/wheatus/status/1641458436515790848?s=61&t=lCUtLD2mloWN4vLs8kjQ2w

New thread title: elnope can sht in a hat and punch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

He's so close to fully understanding social media.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Oscar Wild posted:

He's so close to fully understanding social media.

He's literally describing web 2.0, was he not aware this is the way its worked since the early 2000's?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1641460482480504832

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

One of the smarter moves the NYT has made in recent memory.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

koshmar posted:

He's literally describing web 2.0, was he not aware this is the way its worked since the early 2000's?

It's pretty funny huh?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
NYT not willing to cross a paywall how the turn tables

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
It's weird that nobody is interested in paying to use the barely-functioning public toilet covered in poo poo and swastikas

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bet it's the $50 per affiliated account. Probably runs to more than the $1000 base price lol

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I bet the Bee will pay to stay verified.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Elon! We're losing subscribers fast. Do something!

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Elon! We're losing subscribers fast. Do something!

Concerning

Tell me what to do senpai catturd

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

I wonder if any of those announcements have been made to foreign markets in their native languages in the first place

Good thing the poop emoji requires no translation

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

no more checks at all on transphobia spewed from that org, I guess that's a plus

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Waiting for the NYT to post Nole Ksum's opinion piece on why the NYT should pay for twitter

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Azhais posted:

Waiting for the NYT to post Nole Ksum's opinion piece on why the NYT should pay for twitter

"It's unfair to Elon Musk if they don't, if you think about it"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
OOF

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1641483448908148736?s=20

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All part of being on the trajectory to breakeven

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

its that classic business saying

you gotta lose advertisers to make money

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

There's no reason for them to. There's no such thing as verified identities anymore. The only reason would be for the algorithm to surface their stories more often in For You. But in my experience, even though I follow a bunch of lefties on Twitter, NYT stories never get pushed to me unless someone retweets them or it's a paid tweet (this applies to all news outlets). They would be better served to take that $1,000/mo and just pay for individual tweet sponsorship.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Now let's not be too negative here. Musk could totally turn things around - he would just have to hire additional experts, listen to them, and apply their recommendations. Also it would help if he wasn't Elon musk.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/tanayj/status/1641499347396317186

elon pulling prices out of his rear end probably is a factor too

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Elon musk walking into the server room at twitter hq trying to recoup money by stealing the gold off the ram contacts, confident twitter will still work fine thanks to its robust and improved architecture.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Musk is rapidly eliminating any reason for businesses to even have a presence on Twitter. This includes breaking the social media management tools that would let it continue out of inertia.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It'll also be interesting to see how some of the international lawsuits start playing out

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/mar/26/twitter-loses-bid-to-throw-out-complaint-by-australian-muslim-group-over-hateful-content

They just failed to get a hate speech suit thrown out in Australia. I do like their "We're based in Delaware and are only beholden to Delaware laws" defense attempt

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
If it cost the New York Times the standard $7 for their whole organization to get a blue check it would still be a bad investment. It's the mark of a sucker, it should be rejected even if offered for free.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

If it cost the New York Times the standard $7 for their whole organization to get a blue check it would still be a bad investment. It's the mark of a sucker, it should be rejected even if offered for free.

The Mark of the Boer. The Whore of Babylon Bee.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

did we post that catturd2 committed lots of crimes in this thread, or did i see that in the trump thread.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

gschmidl posted:

The Boer of Babylon Bee.
It was right there :negative:

Strong Sauce posted:

did we post that catturd2 committed lots of crimes in this thread, or did i see that in the trump thread.

That's not catturd

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Oh no, blatantly attempting to extort companies into paying a ridiculous monthly price so they don't get impersonated (impersonation protection not actually guaranteed) didn't work as well as Elon thought? Well that's unexpected! Thank god all those advertisers are returning in droves

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Azhais posted:

It'll also be interesting to see how some of the international lawsuits start playing out

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/mar/26/twitter-loses-bid-to-throw-out-complaint-by-australian-muslim-group-over-hateful-content

They just failed to get a hate speech suit thrown out in Australia. I do like their "We're based in Delaware and are only beholden to Delaware laws" defense attempt

*Getting dragged off to an overseas prison* I'm a Delaware corporation! You can't do this to me!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

MrQwerty posted:

That's not catturd

ah what. booooo

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
one of our kids is watching a PBS Kids show called "Ready, Jet, Go" and I just overheard part of an ep where they were stuck in their (space) vehicle, arguing with the onboard AI about downloading an update to the dashboard software to make it work again

this really feels like an extremely, extremely thinly veiled swipe at Tesla

e: I don't think this is the same episode but it's a similar joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Qn2rMz7m0&t=61s

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 30, 2023

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Rad Russian posted:

*Getting dragged off to an overseas prison* I'm a Delaware corporation! You can't do this to me!

I've got some bad news for you about what happens when corporations break the law

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

MrQwerty posted:

That's not catturd

Yeah it was just a dude with the same name

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah it was just a dude with the same name

If only there was some way of verifying people online

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The half-shirted human thumb in front of the piss jars was still catturd, though, right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yes, that was The Thumb That Walks

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1641443068795850753?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

kazil posted:

Bet it's the $50 per affiliated account. Probably runs to more than the $1000 base price lol

Another rare invoice from the Babylon Bee.