Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

probably a rear fog lamp

fog lamp would be on the other side for left hand traffic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

I never realized that you were Speed Racer all along ...........

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

bedpan posted:

hitler spent a lot of money on gas

sounds like good news for crypto

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

BCR posted:

Drunk driver strikes and disables 3 people. Drunk driver had her license suspended 4 times. Drove unlicensed. Rammed a closed gate when denied entry to a party and sent 3 people flying. Blood alcohol reading between 0.184 and 0.189.

Prediction: fine only for driving unlicensed.

https://tinyurl.com/yce2f8tk

Like, if we're going to have a death penalty, this is the kind of thing it should be for (I recognize this is Australia). Like, there's no reforming that.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ham Equity posted:

Like, if we're going to have a death penalty, this is the kind of thing it should be for (I recognize this is Australia). Like, there's no reforming that.

The CPC reformed the last Qing emperor, a man who used to have people tortured for his own amusement, but I'm sure this angry drunk driver is beyond redemption.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Ham Equity posted:

Feels like cars might be the problem here

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Like, without a car, she would've just stumbled into a few folks on her way to the bus.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

Like, without a car, she would've just stumbled into a few folks on her way to the bus.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Grassy Knowles posted:

She would have ridden an emu into those people and it would likely have kicked at least one of them to death.

Weka
May 5, 2019

It is my opinion that it is Australians that are the real problem here.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

modern Australia is proof that criminality is hereditary

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Weka posted:

It is my opinion that it is Australians that are the real problem here.

the I Hate Australians megathread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The Italy of the southern hemisphere

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
the most frustrating part of that story is that there is no real mechanism to prevent her from driving. License already suspended what are they going to do?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
double secret suspension

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

the most frustrating part of that story is that there is no real mechanism to prevent her from driving. License already suspended what are they going to do?

prison?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

bollards... everywhere

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

could take her car. and a lot of other cars while we're at it?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Martian posted:

Not my own picture but a promotional one, but we use one of these (Thule Coaster XT) to take the kids to daycare on our way to work. It's also great when we go grocery shopping, because you can easily detach it from the bike, then it becomes a big stroller that you can take into the store. It has even has a small 'trunk' behind the bench for the groceries. Are these a thing at all in the US?

E: it's also surprisingly light!

yeah, i have one of these and it rules. Only downside is i live in central florida where it's a temperate 90 degrees in the winter and 85% humidity. I'd rather live in nevada, at least that's a dry heat.

Sadly I only get to use it for pleasure biking because there's no services within a 45 minute bikeride of my house and the roads are 60+mph with no sidewalks. Kids love it and I'm sure the dog will too when we get a chance to take him.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Celexi posted:

But what if we added Lanes

a wide sidewalk is like more lanes for pedestrians

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I thought Australia was the America of the southern hemisphere. People have made that comparison a lot and I sort of get it, maybe a bit of that Australia fervor that captivated Americans in the 80s/90s rubbed off the other way.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Speaking the English language natively causes brain damage, that's why Australia is hosed up in the same ways the US is.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Weka posted:

The CPC reformed the last Qing emperor, a man who used to have people tortured for his own amusement, but I'm sure this angry drunk driver is beyond redemption.

Fine, have her watched like he was watched for his whole life to insure she never gets into the driver's seat of a car ever again, and it's totally doable.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ham Equity posted:

lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I think you can reform alcoholism

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I think you can reform alcoholism

im 9 1/2 years alcohol sober and 16 years gasoline sober

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
is Australia really considered English-speaking?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mister Speaker posted:

I thought Australia was the America of the southern hemisphere. People have made that comparison a lot and I sort of get it, maybe a bit of that Australia fervor that captivated Americans in the 80s/90s rubbed off the other way.

America is exceptional...exceptionally bad

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Ham Equity posted:

Fine, have her watched like he was watched for his whole life to insure she never gets into the driver's seat of a car ever again, and it's totally doable.

Yeah maybe she could wear a funny t-shirt that says something humiliating about being a wino too

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

*definitely haven't driven under the influence of alcohol* we could execute her by like, giving her alcohol poisoning

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

the true protagonist of speed racer only appeared in one episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSlRDRSBRec&t=437s

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Yeah maybe she could wear a funny t-shirt that says something humiliating about being a wino too

NeatHeteroDude posted:

*definitely haven't driven under the influence of alcohol* we could execute her by like, giving her alcohol poisoning

imo she shouldn't have driven drunk without a license and disabled three people

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that's a real 'no-no' in my book

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Polo-Rican posted:

the true protagonist of speed racer only appeared in one episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSlRDRSBRec&t=437s

Lmao

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

imo she shouldn't have driven drunk without a license and disabled three people

wait... she didn't have a license?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

wait... she didn't have a license?

her license was suspended, for the fourth time, due to drinking and driving charges

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
but people need their cars. gotta go to the store. gotta go to work. can't get there any other way. what are you gonna do?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I saw a guy pull up to the liquor store on a riding lawnmower once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

I saw a guy pull up to the liquor store on a riding lawnmower once.

Was it George Jones

https://theboot.com/george-jones-lawnmower-mural-nashville/