Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Randall Enos - Thoughts and Prayers

Kellies nomination: Most incomprehensible

Thoughts and prayers aren't enough and we need gun legislation? But how you get that from this is beyond me. Nonsense, and it's not even an election year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nomination: Too Goddamn Many Words

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

The Haitian posted:

Kellies nomination: Most incomprehensible

Thoughts and prayers aren't enough and we need gun legislation? But how you get that from this is beyond me. Nonsense, and it's not even an election year.

thoughts and prayers are trampling and pushing aside actual solutions on their way to the latest crisis

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Strap yourself in folks, this is going to be a rough one. Note that the cartoonists who have two today were the ones whose images weren't loading on the Creators syndication page yesterday.

A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

Ah, the golden age of tradition, 1998

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

Kellies nomination: Laziest non-Gorrell; Worst "A Thing Happened"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

:allears:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

I remember the CGI being so terrible in that scene in Uncle Sam Origins: Gunhead

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

gently caress you

quote:

gently caress you

quote:

Gary Varvel

Kellies Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy, worst cartoon overall, gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress YOU YOU loving PIECE OF poo poo GARY VARVEL

quote:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy, gently caress you

quote:

Steve Kelley

gently caress you

quote:

Tom Stiglich

gently caress you

Randalor fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 4, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

...Wow.

I am at a loss for words.

E: yeah I agree with the previous post

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, gently caress, Gary! Why not just push the button, nuke everyone and then we'll ALL* be in heaven welcomed by Jesus!

*Limitations to welcoming apply

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

MrUnderbridge posted:

Well, gently caress, Gary! Why not just push the button, nuke everyone and then we'll ALL* be in heaven welcomed by Jesus!

*Limitations to welcoming apply

That's suicide, no good, we gotta throw people by the dozens into the churning maw of THE GUN PIT

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Brawnfire posted:

That's suicide, no good, we gotta throw people by the dozens into the churning maw of THE GUN PIT

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, “Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like. “The Lord led the holy man to two doors.

He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of bullets which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.

The people sitting around the table were sad and despairing. They were holding guns with very long handles. Each found it possible to reach into the pot of bullets and load their weapon, but because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the guns back into their mouths. The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. The Lord said, “You have seen Hell.”

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of bullets. The people were equipped with the same long-handled guns, but here the people were happy and dead, not sad at all.

The holy man said, “I don't understand.” “It is simple” said the Lord, “it requires but one skill. You see, they have learned to kill each other. While the greedy think only of themselves.”

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Angepain posted:

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, “Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like. “The Lord led the holy man to two doors.

He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of bullets which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.

The people sitting around the table were sad and despairing. They were holding guns with very long handles. Each found it possible to reach into the pot of bullets and load their weapon, but because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the guns back into their mouths. The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. The Lord said, “You have seen Hell.”

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of bullets. The people were equipped with the same long-handled guns, but here the people were happy and dead, not sad at all.

The holy man said, “I don't understand.” “It is simple” said the Lord, “it requires but one skill. You see, they have learned to kill each other. While the greedy think only of themselves.”

How did the last person die?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When you see only one set of casings in the sand,
it was then that I shot you

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Soon the rain of shell casings rose above the rooftop and the man suffocated. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, “I had faith in you but you didn’t save me, you let me die. I don’t understand why!”

To this God replied, “I sent you a Glock and an H&K and an AR 15, what more did you expect?”

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Ah crap, are we in the Garth Ennis stage already?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Isn't that the plot of Chainsawman?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“Jesus, why during my hardest moments, there was only one set of holes in the target?”
“That was when I aimed the gun for you.”

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Dominic Raab and bullying claims – Deputy prime minister and Angela Rayner trade blows at PMQs as government floats idea of using boats to house asylum seekers"

Telegraph:

Inside the plot to save gas guzzlers from the net zero scrap heap

Matt:

Independent:

Tory backlash over plans to put asylum seekers on barges and in military bases

Times:

Evening Standard:

I’m no ‘eco-warrior’, says Net Zero Secretary Grant Shapps

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

well this is an easy edit

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

gently caress you, Branco, for essentially saying "Russia kidnapping and shelling Ukrainian schoolchildren is fine and the USA should do nothing about it."

I'll also note that the Christian school where the shooting took place is a private school, not a government school or a charter school. So Branco wants taxpayer dollars spent on private schools now?

Kellies nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I mean, there's also the angle of the usual 'We should never, never, never ever politicise a tragedy like a mass shooting... Now let me just use that same mass shooting to make a lovely point about my lovely politics.'

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Holy poo poo.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Skios posted:

I mean, there's also the angle of the usual 'We should never, never, never ever politicise a tragedy like a mass shooting... Now let me just use that same mass shooting to make a lovely point about my lovely politics.'
it's so gross, every time, EVERY drat TIME there's a national tragedy some loving ghoul comes out of the woodwork to try to prevent the next one. never fails.

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

quote:

Fundamentalist Christianity is seriously the most cucked ideology.

:downswords: Whoops a bunch kids got brutally murdered I'm sure they're in a better place like at a farm upstate.

:downswords: You want to improve society somewhat, no that's dumb we got to pray harder.

:downswords: Material gains and policy don't matter, it's about faith and love. Proceeds to make laws that harm various minorities and allow politicians to steal from programs meant for the most vulnerable groups.

Yes paganism is cringe but at least it has cool aesthetics and an actual understanding of the material dialectic.

NotPerfect fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 30, 2023

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Sucks that they died but they're probably hugging Jesus right now so

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
In the face of an unavoidable tragedy there is emotional value in thinking of the deceased in a more positive light. It can help a lotta people break out of a mental spiral of grief.

In the face of an avoidable tragedy it reveals how little the person saying it cares about you. The distraction is not in service of helping a living human being process grief but to get them doing nothing about preventing future tragedies. The cause of the tragedy is more important to such a person than the lives lost and people destroyed.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

gently caress, I forgot that Mad magazine comic was made in 2018, both more recent than I thought and longer ago than I would've expected.

I second every nomination on that Varvel. What a horrendous comic and take from a horrible man, I groaned audibly when seeing it. I don't even have the energy to cry gently caress you at him, it's just such a disheartening take.

China Daily

Cooking up 'democracy' by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Urbs from France
Spring gets complicated
"I love you."
"You smell like tear gas."

Poutine brandit de nouveau la menace nucléaire/Putin wields the nuclear menace once more by Ivailo Tsvetkov from Bulgaria

Charlie Hebdo

Macron reveals his plan for the water
"To help consumers save money."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Charlie Hebdo

Macron reveals his plan for the water
"To help consumers save money."

cumboarding

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

gently caress, I forgot that Mad magazine comic was made in 2018, both more recent than I thought and longer ago than I would've expected.

I second every nomination on that Varvel. What a horrendous comic and take from a horrible man, I groaned audibly when seeing it. I don't even have the energy to cry gently caress you at him, it's just such a disheartening take.

I'm honestly surprised that was the comic that caused me to lose my cool. That long stream of gently caress yous was my actual response to seeing that cartoon, and after having a full day to actually process it and think about it, I'm both surprised that it was a cartoon depicting the children in heaven that set me off and not at all considering it seems to be outright celebrating their deaths.

gently caress Gary Varvel.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Leaked polling from the seat of Aston which has a by-election on the weekend said that while the Liberals have the edge to retain it, this is probably no thanks to Peter Dutton to which 50% of Aston voters view unfavourably.

Wilcox:

Short-term solution will not be enough to save the NGA (SMH editorial).

Katauskas:

Broelman:

Shakespeare:

David "Jim" Penman owns a bunch of franchises that started with Jim's Mowing before branching off into a bunch of others like Jim's Plumbing etc. He was extremely mad at Victoria's lockdowns and has given Dan Andrews until the weekend to apologise to him before he goes full sovereign citizen and declares independence from the state. Jim’s Mowing founder secedes, declares himself king (SMH).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus introduced the bill to trigger the Voice to Parliament referendum. With him and Albanese is the Indigenous Australians minister Linda Burney.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/kennedytcooper/status/1641436218851467264?t=qS030eTeKXbFzRQxc_NXtw&s=19

Came across this one on the Twitters

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Clay Bennett found dead of priapism

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Donald Trump has been indicted. I am ready for Hands to be rung, Tantrums to be thrown, and abouts to be Whatta'd

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Clay Bennett found dead of priapism

I will pretend I did not also immediately go to this thread to make the same kind of joke

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
RIP to the Kellies "Any Day Now" category, I guess.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Hihohe posted:

Donald Trump has been indicted. I am ready for Hands to be rung, Tantrums to be thrown, and abouts to be Whatta'd
i'm sure it will all be incisive commentary
*two people alone in a field:
"they indicted a president"
"looks like the country is dead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

RIP to the Kellies "Any Day Now" category, I guess.
Gotta fall back on the OG, Nuclear Iran