Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Starting to think "but freebird was playing" is a more accurate summation of guardian lore than it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Reminder that Riven "cheese" is an intended method, and may be more accurate to call it "legit" since guardians using their power to brute force through the Ahamkara's magic bullshit is a proud tradition, supported by the lore

Using an out of bounds teleport to take you to the other side of the arena is an intended, designed method of killing the boss?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Jetamo posted:

Using an out of bounds teleport to take you to the other side of the arena is an intended, designed method of killing the boss?

riven is granting your wish for sick drops, and using the power of that wish to grant savathun’s wish to curse the dreaming city. she has no reason to make it difficult for you, and if your wish is for it to be quick and easy, have at it.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
tbf supering the wyverns on sight is absolutely the correct move in glassway's boss room

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Jetamo posted:

you only need it 50% of the time so it's 50% intended

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Jetamo posted:

The very first raid boss in Destiny history, Atheon, is canonically, temporally unkillable until Kabr makes the Aegis which allows you to break free from the predestined path and defeat him. Hence why the start of DPS is indicated by "Guardians make their own fate".

Teleporting across the map, getting on top of the veil, firing a nova bomb at Taniks and then killing yourself. These are all examples of Guardians making their own fate.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The real story was the exploits we found along the way.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kith posted:

you only need it 50% of the time so it's 50% intended

I have needed it more than I haven't.... :thunk:

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

An exotic buff leak just got corroborated by today's TWAB, some of the changes in it are pretty spicy. I can copy paste it here, I forget if it's kosher to post leaks in this thread or nah

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

They also need to allow a third commendation on 6 player activities. Far too often in crucible do I see someone that got 0 from anyone. It's like a sad kid at valentines day and had I known I would have choo choo choosed them.

Two pages back but lmao sometimes I wait and just give my commends to whoever doesn't have any so this doesn't happen. Teamwork baby! Unless they've been a complete liability or afk or something anyway.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

arsenicCatnip posted:

An exotic buff leak just got corroborated by today's TWAB, some of the changes in it are pretty spicy. I can copy paste it here, I forget if it's kosher to post leaks in this thread or nah

:justpost:

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Yeah gently caress it, thread boss just tell me to delete it if you don't want it here. I'll spoiler it for those who don't wanna see

Salvation’s Grip: Charged shot forms a group of six crystals, uncharged shot fires a grenade that shatters.

Eyes of Tomorrow: Defeating 4 targets in one volley refunds the rocket.

Graviton Lance: Shot delay reduced by 20% to match Revision Zero’s two-burst rate of fire. Damage difference between both bullets reduced.

Tommy’s Matchbook: Catalyst updated, when overheated sustained fire deals scorch to enemies.(14 base, +7 with Ember of Ashes)

Worldline Zero: Tesseract can be chained into itself one time, damage slightly reduced.

Legend of Acrius: Max ammo increased from 12 > 16, projectile distance increased from 9m to 12m.

Vesper of Radius: Now emits a shockwave every 3s that deals 200 PvE + 70 PvP damage. If the shockwave kills an enemy, they explode on delay for 100 damage. When on Stormcaller, both effects afflict blind.

Chromatic Fire: Elemental explosions now afflict debuffs aligning with your subclass.(Doesn’t specify which debuffs)

Dawn Chorus: Daybreak projectiles deal increased damage to enemies affected by Scorch.

Ophidian Aspect: Melee range extension removed.

Astrocyte Verse: Blinking will leave behind a burst of Void damage that suppresses enemies.

Sanguine Alchemy: Grants a small damage bonus to weapons matching your subclass element while standing in a Rift.

Mantle of Battle Harmony: Damage buff changed to a non-stacking damage buff.

Dunemarchers: Chain lightning range reduced from 20m to 12m. PvP damage decreased from 85 > 50.

Point Contact Cannon Brace: Lightning Strikes now jolt enemies. PvE damage increased from 50 to 200. Being amplified increases damage of Lightning strikes by 50%. Amplified no longer increases range of Lightning strikes.

Second Chance: Second shield throw now also weakens and will be refunded if it stuns a Barrier Champion.

Stronghold: Damaging an enemy after blocking damage with a Sword grants Restoration.

Eternal Warrior: Arc kills grant an escalating bonus to Arc weapon damage. After Fist of Havoc ends, gain highest bonus to Arc weapon damage.

Khepri’s Horn: Solar wave now scorches.

The Path of Burning Steps: No longer stacks with Surge mods.

Sealed Ahamkara Grasps: Powered melee kills reload all weapons matching your subclass energy. While buff is active, increases jump height and movement speed.

Raiju’s Harness: Deactivating your super causes a blinding explosion that increases Arc weapon damage. 15% in PvE and 5% in PvP.

Athrys’s Embrace: Rapid precision hits grant Weighted Knife energy.

Oathkeeper: The longer an arrow is drawn, the more damage it deals.(PvE only)

Stomp-EE5: Airborne Effectiveness penalty removed. Bonus is now only active while you have full dodge energy.

Radiant Dance Machines: Kills extend the duration of its effect.

Mask of Bakris: No longer stacks with Surge mods. Damage bonus increased from 10% > 25% with a slight bonus added to PvP at 7%.(Doesn’t specify which bonus or whether it just folds both into one shared bonus)

Starfire Protocol: Grenade energy gained per damage tick reduced from 20% > 5%.(Will take 8 seconds for a grenade to be refunded rather than 2 seconds)

No Backup Plans: Effect description reworked/updated: Defeating a powerful combatant or rapid final blows with a Shotgun grants a Void Overshield and starts health regeneration. While you have a Void Overshield, shotguns deal additional damage and shotgun final blows refresh the Overshield. Provides a moderate bonus to the airborne effectiveness and reload speed to Shotguns.

My thoughts:
- Why nerf Mantle of Battle Harmony? I'm literally the only person to have ever used it

- That RDM change is lmao

- CHROMATIC FIRE AND VESPER OF RADIUS SWEEP BABY

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

arsenicCatnip posted:

The annoying thing about that leak (specifically the exotic armor reworks) are the lack of clarification on whether this is a new, replacement for the original perk, or if it's being added to the existing perk. And sometimes it seems like they got the details wrong

Like Athrys. Is it losing the extra knife bounce/damage and the Unstoppable effect?

Or the Claws of Ahamkara. Is it really just a free copy of that Melee Orbmaker Mod or is that being added to the existing effect?

Are Sealed Ahamkara Grasps really going to be total dogshit still or did they mean to say 'And Finishers'?

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The annoying thing about that leak (specifically the exotic armor reworks) are the lack of clarification on whether this is a new, replacement for the original perk, or if it's being added to the existing perk. And sometimes it seems like they got the details wrong

Like Athrys. Is it losing the extra knife bounce/damage and the Unstoppable effect?

Or the Claws of Ahamkara. Is it really just a free copy of that Melee Orbmaker Mod or is that being added to the existing effect?

Are Sealed Ahamkara Grasps really going to be total dogshit still or did they mean to say 'And Finishers'?

Yeah agreed, the way some of this is written is really odd. It's definitely true though cause the leaker basically posted what was said about Tarrabah in the TWAB today

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
RIP Stompees :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol @ not changing YAS. Those gauntlets are annoying as hell in PvP

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

FlapYoJacks posted:

RIP Stompees :smith:

The stompees change is probably better. The jump exotic where you can't use your guns in the air was insanity, and I think having access to OG stomps if you're willing to never dodge is a much more logical trade-off

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the leaks are cool but none of them particularly interest me. lol @ ophidians getting nerfed in a way that is almost negligible

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

arsenicCatnip posted:

The stompees change is probably better. The jump exotic where you can't use your guns in the air was insanity, and I think having access to OG stomps if you're willing to never dodge is a much more logical trade-off

Yeah, give hunters the weakest jump, then give them a good jump with good movement through an exotic, and then take away their dodge if they want to use the exotic lmfao. :thumbsup:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I’m at about 1810 LL, and I really like my Ashen Wake build, but I cannot find an Exotic weapon that really clicks with it.

Skyburner’s Oath fell off and doesn’t really mesh with the close and fast style. Sunshot is okay, but I still feel like I need an SMG or AR. I have a bunch of good Legendary shotguns, and I can switch between GL/Rocket Launcher/Machine Gun heavies depending on the situation.

Maybe Tarrabah if I do some raids, or Outbreak Perfected? Though I don’t think a Pulse Rifle will work either. I’ve never tried Tommy’s Matchbook, but I could get that from the kiosk.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I’m at about 1810 LL, and I really like my Ashen Wake build, but I cannot find an Exotic weapon that really clicks with it.

Skyburner’s Oath fell off and doesn’t really mesh with the close and fast style. Sunshot is okay, but I still feel like I need an SMG or AR. I have a bunch of good Legendary shotguns, and I can switch between GL/Rocket Launcher/Machine Gun heavies depending on the situation.

Maybe Tarrabah if I do some raids, or Outbreak Perfected? Though I don’t think a Pulse Rifle will work either. I’ve never tried Tommy’s Matchbook, but I could get that from the kiosk.

Tarrabah's a beast if you can ramp it up, I don't titan so idk how much adclear you're outputting with it but if you can get the kills you'll really start killing. Ticuu's could work as well, as it'd give you a long range option that can also crank out the adclear while being solar

FlapYoJacks posted:

Yeah, give hunters the weakest jump, then give them a good jump with good movement through an exotic, and then take away their dodge if they want to use the exotic lmfao. :thumbsup:

stompee hunters were a plague upon crucible and it's a miracle they're getting even this much back. "Weakest jump" my rear end.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FlapYoJacks posted:

the weakest jump
:chloe:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kith posted:

the leaks are cool but none of them particularly interest me. lol @ ophidians getting nerfed in a way that is almost negligible

It's a big nerf bc the lunge is hugely OP in PVP. The rest is just 'guns feel better' which is still good just minus the teleporting slaps

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah Handling, Reload, and Melee Range are just too much utility for the current sandbox. Any two would be fine, although the lunge is more powerful than Blink, I swear

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Have you ever tried to jump as a non-stompee hunter? It's bad.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 30, 2023

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

arsenicCatnip posted:

Tarrabah's a beast if you can ramp it up, I don't titan so idk how much adclear you're outputting with it but if you can get the kills you'll really start killing. Ticuu's could work as well, as it'd give you a long range option that can also crank out the adclear while being solar

Ticuu’s was probably my most used weapon in BL. After WQ I just felt like Striga was the best choice in every situation, but it’s getting stale.

Tarrabah’s seems cool, it’ll just take me about 5 weeks of raiding to get it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yeah, as a warlock, in pvp ophidians just went from my favorite exotic to "never use again"

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

It's okay though cause Vesper of Radius is going to give you war crimes at the press of a button

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

arsenicCatnip posted:

It's okay though cause Vesper of Radius is going to give you war crimes at the press of a button

I've learned to never trust a Narrative Description of a Destiny Perk. Vesper of Radius could do 0.04% more damage or it could replace all values with 400 damage and I wouldn't be surprised

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've learned to never trust a Narrative Description of a Destiny Perk. Vesper of Radius could do 0.04% more damage or it could replace all values with 400 damage and I wouldn't be surprised

main thing I'm thinking, cause I only play strandlock, is that + threadlings will turn your rift into like an anti-well that will be very funny to use in Iron Banner. Stack Recovery and just go to town

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kesper North posted:

Yeah, as a warlock, in pvp ophidians just went from my favorite exotic to "never use again"

Yeah, the exotic that gives you crazy reload speed and massive handling buffs on every single gun in the game really needed another perk to make it good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think Ophidians just got itself buffed too high because they kept tweaking the weapon/perk side of things to make Low Handling part of the 'balance' on a lot of guns. Having max handling on all guns at all times is borderline too caliente as it is

Kinda funny that Warlocks lost their innate melee range boost and their exotic melee range boost, but also literally all of their powered melees are Ranged

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Have you ever tried to jump as a non-stompee hunter? It's bad.

i have, in fact, played other classes. hunter in particular felt like i was on speed because their jump has much better twitch movement, something i happened to hate which is why i stuck with my slow and ponderous titan. my husband mains hunter and detests stompees because they gently caress with his movement instincts and he frequently outmaneuvers me anyways.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Stronghold potentially giving Restoration could be real fun. I already do some bullshit with the heal on perfect block, and I like hitting mans with sword gooder so I hope it's cool

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

FlapYoJacks posted:

Yeah, the exotic that gives you crazy reload speed and massive handling buffs on every single gun in the game really needed another perk to make it good.

i actually don't find them very noticeable and don't feel like they help me very much. notably, hunters and titans usually kill me before i can reload anyway unless i get the drop on them somehow!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think Ophidians just got itself buffed too high because they kept tweaking the weapon/perk side of things to make Low Handling part of the 'balance' on a lot of guns. Having max handling on all guns at all times is borderline too caliente as it is

Kinda funny that Warlocks lost their innate melee range boost and their exotic melee range boost, but also literally all of their powered melees are Ranged

yeah. I cry as a glaive user though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hunter feels like the only class I frequently run into "I just cant make this jump" problems with jumping puzzles that I need to whip out stompees for. I think there's just something about making long distance jumps that is Hunter is particularly bad with / hard with.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Hunters and their jumps lack the horizontal momentum warlocks and titans can build up but in terms of actually jumping they're the best: Hunters will always have the height advantage over other classes. It's why Stompees was such a menace in Crucible

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol guess I should get some time with Starfire Protocol while the gettin's good, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MJeff posted:

lol guess I should get some time with Starfire Protocol while the gettin's good, huh.

Starfire Protocol is only good for Boss DPS. This season, you are doing yourself a disservice if you run anything other than Dawn Chorus & Firebolts for general content/master raids/etc