Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I do believe we have datamined banners.

Seven Section 6 Director Outis and Liu Section 5 Hong Lu, as well as the Don target banner. Starting on the 6th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

= Liu Section 5 Hong Lu=

oh so now we'll have a burn team and re-enable the only good meursalt

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

On the other hand, SURELY this Hong Lu won't be as ridiculously strong as his other two IDs, so you'd be stuck... Not using them, I guess. Unless they just give it cloudcutter, burn edition and we accept that Hong Lu will get everything busted all the time.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1641363100187373568

We probably aren't getting the Don banner.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Google Jeb Bush posted:

oh so now we'll have a burn team and re-enable the only good meursalt

He is being meme'd as the worst 000 identity, but I am getting a really good mileage out of W Corp Meursault. Yeah his Charge kit barely works and he is Ok in clashes at best, but he is pretty tanky and his speed and Sin spread makes him the most consistent and reliable identity for "Chains of Others" spam in the game. Pair him with someone like W Corp Don and he can fire "Chains of Others" every turn and trivialize most boss battles. He can also use "Do You Want To Get Beat? Hurtily?" easily as well, in case you want damage instead of debuffs.

He is what pulled me through Kromer and pre-nerf Fish battles.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Infinity Gaia posted:

On the other hand, SURELY this Hong Lu won't be as ridiculously strong as his other two IDs, so you'd be stuck... Not using them, I guess. Unless they just give it cloudcutter, burn edition and we accept that Hong Lu will get everything busted all the time.

I just want a more common way to boost Burn Count. As it stands Liu Meursault is the only guy who natively packs that, and even then just on his S3.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Not on the sixth: We're still getting it (at its originally-scheduled time), just not when people assumed because of the leak.

BisbyWorl posted:

I just want a more common way to boost Burn Count. As it stands Liu Meursault is the only guy who natively packs that, and even then just on his S3.

Yeah, and as EGO Gifts have shown, even a little bit of Burn Count goes a looooong way.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Another day, another set of apologems enough for yet another free ten pull + a bunch of single pull tickets.

Project Moon :allears:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I legit wanna go throw money at them somehow. It’s weird.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
w corp meursault has been pulling, marking the fourth off-focus 3* ive gotten trying to pull n corp faust

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I finally got the salty hammer. Also, Project Moon is so... pure? I think that's the word I'd use.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

I legit wanna go throw money at them somehow. It’s weird.

I'm gonna buy the battle pass once I max it out this week, it feels fair for me (because even if they're being cool I'm not putting money into gambling when I managed to get past my dark era, only guaranteed stuff now)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Oh right, also, I used my egoshard boxes to get R-corp Heath and it has absolutely cut the time of my MD clears. Definitely a good investment ID if you're planning on chaining a metric fuckton of them like some kind of terrifying projmoon-obsessed weirdo.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Quackles posted:

Also, a thought occurred to me.

Apocalypse Bird is something of a 'flagship' Abnormality for the series as a whole. Do you think we'll ever face it in Limbus?

I think we'll probably see the Birds and Magical Girls in some form eventually but I wouldn't make plans on that happening for a year at the bare minimum. We might get some Punishing Bird stuff solo since it's TETH-level, adorable, and widely beloved, but considering how taking on a full-strength HE abnormality nearly killed everyone in the party and required Demian to bail everyone out, I'm pretty sure that in our current state Apocalypse Bird could literally kill the sinners by looking at them.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

t3isukone posted:

I think we'll probably see the Birds and Magical Girls in some form eventually but I wouldn't make plans on that happening for a year at the bare minimum. We might get some Punishing Bird stuff solo since it's TETH-level, adorable, and widely beloved, but considering how taking on a full-strength HE abnormality nearly killed everyone in the party and required Demian to bail everyone out, I'm pretty sure that in our current state Apocalypse Bird could literally kill the sinners by looking at them.

That is... a point.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope we see a certain fetus that shouldn't be named

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

SITB posted:

Demian appears in the second group that has more monstrous looking beings there. Furthermore, while Hermann, Gubo and Jia Huan all have red font for their names Demian has a blue font for his, so I don't think they are all part of the same group.

(Sonya has a purple font; I assume because of his ambiguous relationship with Rodion and Hermann's group)

Maybe he has a purple font because it's a mix of red and blue, and he's working with both Demian and Herrman's groups? Could be that the reason Herrman and Co's group shot in the opening doesn't have a full twelve is because Sonya's in the other one with Demian (Or in neither).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm curious if they'll lower the shards you get from boxes or increase the cost of the identities/EGOs for season 2 because I cannot see the system being left as is for too long, lol. Very consumer friendly but not very smart business wise to let people skip the gacha with the sheer amount of nominal shard crates you can get.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I mean if they have a higher % of players than normal spending habits would indicate due to the generosity/value of the BattlePass they may still be able to pull a decent income with that. There’s still gonna be some whales. Like PM has gotten a chunk from me so far

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Can anyone recommend a team that can auto-clear the Lv. 28 XP stage easily? My current team (LCB Sinners Faust 30, Meursault 30, Hong Lu 25, Heathcliff 25, Ishmael 25) falls flat some of the time.

Note: Base LCB Sinners only. I have only a few other identities and none of them are built, and to build them I'll need XP tickets, which...

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Finally got an E.G.O. from a pull: Gregor's Lantern. That makes four types of Egoshard I can only exchange for thread, though Hong Lu will leave that category soon if the dataminers are correct.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Thread is fairly easy to come by via Luxcavation though, so I'd hold off on converting the shards, in case new E.G.O. or identities get added for those characters later in the season. To each their own, though.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Seven Outis and Liu Hong Lu are pretty great but I'm still waiting on Rhino Gregor, Zwei Rodion and Faust.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Quackles posted:

Note: Base LCB Sinners only. I have only a few other identities and none of them are built, and to build them I'll need XP tickets, which...

IMO you're not going to be able to reliably auto-clear with base identities only - there's not enough good Blunt skills among them to consistently stagger the enemies, and the base identities don't have the attack/coins to blindly push through with other attacks. You still get full refunds on failures IIRC so you may just need to either pay attention or accept some inevitable failed runs.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Best change from the newest update? Converting to modules no longer resets the Enkephalin counter, so I don't have to wait several minutes to not waste energy.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Quackles posted:

Can anyone recommend a team that can auto-clear the Lv. 28 XP stage easily? My current team (LCB Sinners Faust 30, Meursault 30, Hong Lu 25, Heathcliff 25, Ishmael 25) falls flat some of the time.

Don't forget you can take in a friend summon. I like N Corp Rodion for that, since it looks like you don't have her leveled yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if most level 30 UT3 blunt attackers would work. Maybe swap out Ishmael or another 25?

I was able to successfully auto-clear with this team, without anyone dying, hitting win rate the whole time but also throwing in some EGO attacks when they were available in wave 2:

LCB Faust - level 30 (i friend summoned her)
LCB Heathcliff - level 30
LCB Mersault - level 18
LCB Hong Lu - level 29
Mittelhammer Rodion - level 30 (you can friend summon this one)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just had a fun session on MD. I was kinda on autopilot since these runs this week will get me to 60 and thus I can start getting crates, and I got Pink Shoes as the final boss... and oops my NFaust was near a stagger threshold and got ganged up and died and ooops Outis and Hong Lu corroded with Ebony Stem and Roseate Desire!

Outis proceeds to hit 4 enemies, including the boss, and kills all of them :sickos: And Hong Lu, but dude survived to kill Rodion. Man I can't wait for Overclock

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Outis proceeds to hit 4 enemies, including the boss, and kills all of them :sickos: And Hong Lu, but dude survived to kill Rodion. Man I can't wait for Overclock

I never really use E.G.O. in the MD except in the final battle, so I tend to have a bunch of resources piled up by then. I imagine that with Overclock I'll just end up nuking all the final bosses even faster than usual.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Liu Hong Lu is kind of annoying to me, since it could have been any of the 4 sinners with burn EGO synergy (4th match flame Ryoshu, Rodion, Yi Sang, Ardor Blossom Ishmael), but is instead that dude.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Bring two of those Sinners along for additional Burn synergy :v:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

t3isukone posted:

One thing i'll mention is that we already likely have a very dangerous aberration in the group seeing as how Dante's design and powerset matches Funeral of Dead Butterflies. Only whereas the Funeral takes life away to end suffering, Dante drags them back into life to suffer in a twist fitting for an abberation. So the odds of them working heftier abnormalities in is possible given that twist, though the apocalypse bird trio is most likely a long way out seeing as they're an allegory for aspects of the Head and how they ruined the City.

Pink Shoes and the Factory are actually sort of foreshadowing this alongside the other references to aberrations existing. It's probably part of why those two didn't make a more direct appearance in that chapter. Otherwise most people would have picked up on the cues easier. Since Pink Shoes' primary abnormality is Red Shoes which cuts people feet off so they can't move, whereas Pink Shoes text talks about binding to their feet so they can move rather than being directly immobilized by slicing off their feet. Thematically Pink Shoes is basically doing a sort of alternative affect just like how Dante's clock head restores people to life as opposed to how the butterfly head kills people.

For those who don't know what it looks like, this is the pre aberration design from Ruina, which is mono-chromatic, has a similar bizarre head (butterfly wings for a head instead of a clock), and has a visual focus on arms in a way that is sort of similar to the arms from Dante's vision of hell.

Heck, the arms kind of fit too, since the most noticeable one from Funeral of Dead Butterflies is a well attired one beckoning people to come into death. Whereas Dante's nightmarish tortured hell arms he spies on seeing the gate are clearly regretting having died and want to get the heck out of the situation they're in having realized the comfort that something like Funeral for Butterflies offers is a total loving lie. Also, both of them have the idea of lamentations in their theme. It's literally a page librarians can use once it's obtained off of Ruina's Funeral of the Dead Butterflies, in fact!.

Edit: As for the magical girls, the trailer talked about coulrophobia so it's possible we're getting their story at some point barring certain other characters showing up, since the Jester of Nihil is a thing.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 31, 2023

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Archonex posted:

One thing i'll mention is that we already likely have a very dangerous aberration in the group seeing as how Dante's design and powerset matches Funeral of Dead Butterflies. Only whereas the Funeral takes life away to end suffering, Dante drags them back into life to suffer in a twist fitting for an abberation. So the odds of them working heftier abnormalities in is possible given that twist, though the apocalypse bird trio is most likely a long way out seeing as they're an allegory for aspects of the Head and how they ruined the City.

this just makes me envision dante's secret upgrade being a gun. edit: the relative prevalence of LCCB and R Corp makes it somewhat less funny now though. but thats what i get for overthinking a shitpost

booksnake fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 31, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lt. Lizard posted:

He is being meme'd as the worst 000 identity, but I am getting a really good mileage out of W Corp Meursault. Yeah his Charge kit barely works and he is Ok in clashes at best, but he is pretty tanky and his speed and Sin spread makes him the most consistent and reliable identity for "Chains of Others" spam in the game. Pair him with someone like W Corp Don and he can fire "Chains of Others" every turn and trivialize most boss battles. He can also use "Do You Want To Get Beat? Hurtily?" easily as well, in case you want damage instead of debuffs.

He is what pulled me through Kromer and pre-nerf Fish battles.

totally forgot i uptied him to 3 before being disappointed, lol

i'll give him a go in my pending Kromer Konfrontation (seven tries on her to no avail, restarting dungeon to change identities and add newly unlocked egos), i have enough modules for all the drat leveling tickets i want

e: alright, looks like i'm bringing g gregor, w mersault, lobcorp faust, vanilla heathcliff, vanilla don

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 31, 2023

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

booksnake posted:

this just makes me envision dante's secret upgrade being a gun. edit: the relative prevalence of LCCB and R Corp makes it somewhat less funny now though. but thats what i get for overthinking a shitpost

Clearly Dante's upgrade would be an upgraded version of mind whip, since he exists to suffer and to make people suffer through hideous amounts of pain. :v:

But yeah, they've dropped too many hints that the prosthetic isn't a prosthetic in ID convo's and the story. The big question is how the heck the city went from being preyed on by Distortions to being able to manufacture what is essentially the upgraded version of them. Though, I guess Kromer is proof that that is a thing now, and anyone with the right traits can get SCP-ified.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 31, 2023

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Archonex posted:

Clearly Dante's upgrade would be an upgraded version of mind whip, since he exists to suffer and to make people suffer through hideous amounts of pain. :v:

But yeah, they've dropped too many hints that the prosthetic isn't a prosthetic in ID convo's and the story. The big question is how the heck the city went from being preyed on by Distortions to being able to manufacture what is essentially the upgraded version of them. Though, I guess Kromer is proof that that is a thing now, and anyone with the right traits can get SCP-ified.

There was some talk about how the sinners are better at manifesting EGO then normal people (though in classic fashion we are not told why). I think Kromer and the others just distorted from not having "the stuff" as they went down the levels of the lab. But I am guessing.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Honestly, my take was since the Golden Boughs are what's left of the Bucket/Carmen's physical form, they can have a more intense effect than the Seed of Light did, allowing for easy manifestation of E.G.O. - or, in Kromer's case given how far off the deep end she is, kickstarting a Distortion.

e: Oh hey! Trailer for Refraction Railway Line #1 dropped, and there's some familiar faces in there... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nR6ekSjZ6U

Verant fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 31, 2023

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

dantes power seems more like a singularity or an EGO, not an aberration. although, the ability to pull people out of hell has some greater implications.

the fact that he was trying to "carve an aspect" out in the Woods makes me think his power is more primal and base than the manufactured aberrations and abnormalities.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

now that i think about it, it would be really interesting if Demian's group was genuinely interested in Carmen's original ideal: giving people the power of EGO. and seemingly doing it the right way, which is trying to ease people into self actualization, rather than just overloading them with Light and letting their material situations take the wheel (ayin's terrible plan, only distorted people)

seems like something sonya would be interested in too

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

studio mujahideen posted:

now that i think about it, it would be really interesting if Demian's group was genuinely interested in Carmen's original ideal: giving people the power of EGO. and seemingly doing it the right way, which is trying to ease people into self actualization, rather than just overloading them with Light and letting their material situations take the wheel (ayin's terrible plan, only distorted people)

seems like something sonya would be interested in too

Ayin's plan did not distort people, it being interrupted by Angela is stated to have more or less caused the distortion phenomenon. Now, Ayin's plan may have distorted people anyway. But Library of Ruina is pretty explicit that Angela has culpability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just realized ishmael is american. struggling to deal with this.